REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #51
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

i can understand why someone who is trying to become a professional athlete would consider steroids, but for everyone else that uses them, is looking good really worth the possible side effects?
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #52
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
How about the positive side effects?
Posted via RS Mobile
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #53
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleChest View Post
i can understand why someone who is trying to become a professional athlete would consider steroids, but for everyone else that uses them, is looking good really worth the possible side effects?
They are actually pretty safe if you know what you are doing and are prepared for the possibility of side effects.

One thing I hate is people that go on about how steroids are horrible yet they will go out and get drunk a couple times a week. Or are eating fast food almost everyday... Or even just sit at home and play video games instead of actually getting out and doing some physical activity..
I'm not saying this to you. I'm just saying there are lots of things that someone can do that are far worse for their body in the long run but nobody ever says anything about that.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #54
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

You would say eating junk and drinking are worse than roids?
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #55
Banned By Establishment

yes. Especially foods with hfcs.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #56
My homepage has been set to RS

In addition to the talks about professional athletes using steroids...i watched this awesome interview on youtube a while ago with two wrestlers that were popular in the 80s whoever are old enough to watch wrestling back then with the 'Barbarian' and the 'Warlord.'....or 'The Powers of Pain' as what their tag team was called.

In short, completely talks how back then, the WWF regulated steroid use for a very specific reason; to have the wrestlers be able to perform if they had a show on the road the next day. Considering that back then between weekly broadcasts, they would have 3 or 4 shows in between those times so they used steroids as a healing agent (for whoever watched the movie, "The Wrestler," it was the exact reason why Ram was roiding up).

Anyways, it goes into explaining why The Barbarian and the Warlord never ever wonthe tagteam championships or individual championship belts. When they entered the WWF, they were THE tagteam to beat the champions back then, Demolition. After a good few months of developing a good script that Demolition was the unbeatable tagteam of the time, here comes the Warlord and Barbarian from WCW. However, they never became the champions because they refused to use steroids (hard to beleive because they totally look like roid bodies).

In the sense of business, if you were a world/tagteam/intercontinental champion, it was necessary to be performing when scheduled; NO EXCEPTIONS. When a champion has to be absent due to injury, it was considered 'bad for business.' Whether you were a face or a heel, being a champion meant that you will be one of the main events of the evening. So having said that, these two wrestlers never had the chance to be champions based on a risk circumstance.

Anyways, this explains (im assuming) why they seperated the WWE into Raw and Smackdown, and why the wrestlers don't look as jacked as they used to. Having two brands (and less road shows) gives the athletes a full week of recovery before their next show so they wouldn't have to use steroids as a healing agent anymore.

Anyways...just thought i would type this out...bored in the office, so yah.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Anyways, this explains (im assuming) why they seperated the WWE into Raw and Smackdown, and why the wrestlers don't look as jacked as they used to.
uhhh, i think today's wrestlers are way bigger than any previous generation. i don't see how that is even debatable, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
They are actually pretty safe if you know what you are doing and are prepared for the possibility of side effects.

One thing I hate is people that go on about how steroids are horrible yet they will go out and get drunk a couple times a week. Or are eating fast food almost everyday... Or even just sit at home and play video games instead of actually getting out and doing some physical activity..
I'm not saying this to you. I'm just saying there are lots of things that someone can do that are far worse for their body in the long run but nobody ever says anything about that.
if you can justify using them to yourself, then go hard, but in reference to a previous post of mine a few weeks back - body building is an addiction. there is no such thing as big enough. the bigger you get, the bigger you want to be and there will always be someone out there bigger and strong than you feeding your addiction. when you stop using them, you get smaller and weaker making you want to go for another cycle. and another, and another.

Quote:

Last edited by SizzleChest; 08-03-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #58

Quote:
uhhh, i think today's wrestlers are way bigger than any previous generation. i don't see how that is even debatable, actually.
I haven't watched wrestling for the last couple years...but yeah, there are some guys that are truly bigger than the one in the 80s.

For me, i guess...its also perception. Back in the 80s, pretty much they were all heavyweights or close to heavyweights. Now you've got a very big mixture of lightweights and high-flyers, mexicans, etc. with the heavyweights.

Sure its not a valid argument, just perception...but I guess back then, Big John Stud and Andre were considered BIG compared to the rest....but the rest were pretty big too. Bret Hart was considered a small guy at 235lbs.

What does the weight of a small guy for nowadays?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #59

Oh anyways....slightly off topic, but somewhat on topic

Heres another reason why I love the iron sheik.

This is a video of Marty Jannetty sharing road stories about the Iron Sheik and drug use on the road. I found it very amusing.....first time i watched it, I actually lost my breath laughing.

" title="Watch Wrestler tells 2 hilarious Iron Sheik stories Video | Break.com" target="_blank">Watch Wrestler tells 2 hilarious Iron Sheik stories Video | Break.com
Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #60
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
Wrestlers today aren't even as big as they were 3 years ago.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:15 AM   #61

Quote:

if you can justify using them to yourself, then go hard, but in reference to a previous post of mine a few weeks back - body building is an addiction. there is no such thing as big enough. the bigger you get, the bigger you want to be and there will always be someone out there bigger and strong than you feeding your addiction. when you stop using them, you get smaller and weaker making you want to go for another cycle. and another, and another.
If you have an addictive personality then yes this is true... also its possible for the same thing to happen while staying natural..
Old 08-04-2010, 03:07 AM   #62
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
the bigger you want to be and there will always be someone out there bigger and strong than you feeding your addiction. when you stop using them, you get smaller and weaker making you want to go for another cycle. and another, and another.
This is actually wrong.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:57 AM   #63
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
Please explain Maijin, I'd like to hear the other side of the story. Because from all indications, Sizzle knows what he's talking about. And we've all seen the steroid guys lose dozens of pounds as soon as they get off it.

Again using WWE as an example, go watch some pre-Benoit footage and compare it to post. Perfect example being their top "big roided up guy" at the time, Chris Masters. He probably went from 260 lbs to 220-230 in a matter of weeks. It was so extreme that they made a joke of him at the time, and fired him.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #64

Typically the people that gain and lose a ton of weight are doing high dosages of test which will bloat you up (but put on a ton of weight while you are at it)... The weight you are losing is mostly just water.

If you do something that maybe doesnt give you huge gains but very lean gains and you do proper pct you wont lose all that much if any weight after
Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #65
Banned By Establishment

Yep its why people don't like ethinates
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #66
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
Typically the people that gain and lose a ton of weight are doing high dosages of test which will bloat you up (but put on a ton of weight while you are at it)... The weight you are losing is mostly just water.

If you do something that maybe doesnt give you huge gains but very lean gains and you do proper pct you wont lose all that much if any weight after
QFT
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #67
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,561 Times in 1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
what is your current weight ?
stats ?
I'm 165 right now. 5'9. I'm looking to shave some more BF % off, but it's friggin tough.

mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #68
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,561 Times in 1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
hmmm...ive heard anavar and tbol are very similar...both are bitchtits and depression free. but both can be extremely toxic to your liver in high/abusive doses and raise your cholesterol.

have you run anavar with tbol or heard of people doing that?

i wonder how rough that would be on your liver taking those two orals. That being said, Im sure that fat would just pour off you with that combo.

i have also heard good things about stacking clen and anavar
Anavar and TBOL are similar, but Anavar has a more drying affect than TBOL. I would say you probably get better strength gains from TBOL, I was thinking about doing just TBOL next month actually, might just stack with Clen to see if I can shave off 2% BF.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #69
Banned By Establishment

^i think your bf is perfect. And good on you on posting pictures.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #70
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Anavar and TBOL are similar, but Anavar has a more drying affect than TBOL. I would say you probably get better strength gains from TBOL, I was thinking about doing just TBOL next month actually, might just stack with Clen to see if I can shave off 2% BF.

id figure it would be relatively easy to drop 2% off that stack
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #71
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
I'm 165 right now. 5'9. I'm looking to shave some more BF % off, but it's friggin tough.

pretty solid build dude
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #72
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:

wish I was like that right now, I'm 165 and don't think I'm close you on roids though?
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #73
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
thats definitely a solid put together. you're an MMA or muay thai guy or something arent you? i thought i read that somewhere
Old 08-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #74

i'd love to hear from people 50 years or older who did use steroids, but did not become rich or famous to see if they felt it was worth it in the long run.

Quote:
Old 08-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #75
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine50 View Post
wish I was like that right now, I'm 165 and don't think I'm close you on roids though?
Posted via RS Mobile
way to not read the thread.