REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Reason I make this thread is because we have a lot of bad roads in the lower mainland and the GVA... I'm not sure if running low profile tires will be all that great when encountering shitty roads, I think it's already pretty bad with 40's. If there isn't much difference between 40/35 in the front and 35/30 in the rear I'll go with 19" .
Make a trip to northern Alberta, then you will experience shit roads. GVA roads are like glass whenever I drive down. Anyways, I drive shit Alberta roads on 35 series tires with no problems, you can go with 30's easily.
Advertisement
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
looking for some opinions.

will be upgrading rims, current ones are 18" with (225/40) tires all around.

new setup could be either one of the two:

18" with (235/40) front, and (275/35) in the rear

or

19" with (235/35) front, and (275/30) in the rear.

Reason I make this thread is because we have a lot of bad roads in the lower mainland and the GVA... I'm not sure if running low profile tires will be all that great when encountering shitty roads, I think it's already pretty bad with 40's. If there isn't much difference between 40/35 in the front and 35/30 in the rear I'll go with 19" .

im running 19x8.5 and 19x10s with 235/35/19 and 275/30/19s...roads in vancouver are okay for this setup...granted i dont have super cheap rims, bumps here and there haven't killed my rims yet....just try to avoid big holes when you can...or take them slow. 3yrs now for me...and nothing yet. *knock on wood*
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #28
RS controls my life!

Quote:
looking for some opinions.

will be upgrading rims, current ones are 18" with (225/40) tires all around.

new setup could be either one of the two:

18" with (235/40) front, and (275/35) in the rear

or

19" with (235/35) front, and (275/30) in the rear.

so let me get this straight.....you hate how the roads are because of low profile tires but yet your going even skinnier??? your logic is like reversed
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
but they are 7.5" width front and back

that's horrible.

I need more beef.

the package I was looking comes with 235 front and 265 rear (nankang NS2)

go to greens and instead of spending the 1000+ on cheap wheels that may look tacky on a classic legendary car....i would rather widen ur current rims....
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote