REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
NNT
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Witnessing an accdient, what should I do.

witness an accident late last night. I stayed on scene for about 30 second and left because there's another car stopped and help out. Now I am thinking if theres anything I can help police/ICBC investigate because that one driver who cause the accdient ran 2 red lights and may be I am the only one sae it. Is that a number I can call to report what I saw?
BTW, it happens in the city of Vancouver.
Advertisement
NNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
call icbc and tell them you witnessed an accident at such and such intersection, at such and such date and time. and that you have information that could help.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

I witnessed an accident like 5 years ago and I stayed at the scene, gave my info to the police and such then left.

A couple weeks after got a call from ICBC, had to waste my own time and gas to drive to ICBC to give a statement.

Then like 2 years ago I had to go to court as the two people involved were still fighting to see who is liable. It was hard to remember an accident that happened 3 years ago when coming home from work and very tired. Also, the lawyers on each side kept trying to make me go to their side by asking me one sided questions (this was before we entered the court, this was over the phone or at a coffee shop which I had to meet them [again, my OWN time]). Had to skip a day of work, went to the court house and everything with no compensation.

It was such a hassle and annoyance. Would I do it again? Yup! Being a witness can help save those who were actually right to those who were wrong. Well worth it in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
Retired Traffic Cop

Glad to hear that RFlush. A lot of people these days would not, even though they would expect someone to do it for them.

Odd. but you should have been compensated for your time. I was offered conduct money by the lawyer when I was subpeonaed for a civil court trial.

You could also try telling the adjuster that they were welcome to come to you for the interview. If they want it bad enough, they will.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I've been witness twice, but never had to appear in court.

I'd be a witness every time.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
NNT
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

so I should just call ICBC but not police, ok, will do so
NNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
I'd say call both... doesn't take any extra effort, really, and then each can decide whether the info will be useful to them or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
It was such a hassle and annoyance. Would I do it again? Yup! Being a witness can help save those who were actually right to those who were wrong. Well worth it in my opinion.
I'd what you did too, because I hope if I was ever in a similar situation (knock on wood), that someone would be upstanding enough to be a witness for me.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsncars View Post
I'd what you did too, because I hope if I was ever in a similar situation (knock on wood), that someone would be upstanding enough to be a witness for me.
ditto.

i did what RFlush did too on my own time. And i returned a letter to the lawyer of the person who i thought caused the accident b/c I was getting hassled w/ legal letters from that lawyer, but i was pretty general.

when i spoke w/ the arbitrator on my own time i explained the story and what I remembered (it was like 2 years later). i basically only said what i could remember and told her to refer to the police statement I made at the time. It sucks all the legal stuff happens like years later. next time i'll remember to take notes.

another time i called in a hit & run b/c the car owner of the car that got screwed wasnt around. calling it in is easy, just get the # from icbc's website. they'll just take down your account of what info and what details you can provide. and you can choose to leave your contact info for further questions or not.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote