REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 08-10-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Einszett's "Gummi Pflege"

Has anybody used Gummi Pflege before? It apparently restores your rubber door seals etc. BMW used to carry this product in-house for the Z3 but discontinued it.

I know GM has an alternative for their Camero. While I did try it on my old MR2, it worked a bit but the application was horrendous. eShine.ca sells the Gummi Pflege for under $8 (before shipping.) Ken, have you tried this and/or do you sell this product?

Thanks!
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 AM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

I have some that I use from time to time but I find applying the product a PITA because of the "shoe polish" type dispenser. Its impossible to dress some trims with it. I normally just use 303 or one of the other dressings with an old foam applicator pad.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
RS Veteran

^
More details on the 303, please!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 08-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
303 Aerospace Protectant. Available at Canadian Tire. It's like $13 or $16 ish.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

303 is not available at ctire anymore, it got replaced by autoglym vinyl and rubber
eFx[A2C] is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
Who's naughty? I___i

well 303 is still available but just not from Ken.

Just get the AG one, it works the same and Ken's local so you'll get it the next day.
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

303 is pretty decent. It does the same thing as Armor All without the glossy shine. I usually use it for my dash and does a pretty good job. I'm far too lazy to protect my door seals (even though I probably should).

bcrdukes - I got a little bottle of 303 kicking around here if you want to try it out.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
RS Veteran

What I'm really trying to is to revive the t-top and door seals on my MR2. I no longer drive the vehicle and it is garaged 100% of the time. Rather let it sit and rot away (and because this is rainy Vancouver) I would like to take preventative measures to save the seals as best as I can without having to fork up a solid $800 to $1000 to get new seals.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
What I'm really trying to is to revive the t-top and door seals on my MR2. I no longer drive the vehicle and it is garaged 100% of the time. Rather let it sit and rot away (and because this is rainy Vancouver) I would like to take preventative measures to save the seals as best as I can without having to fork up a solid $800 to $1000 to get new seals.
303 or AG Vinyl and Rubber Care works well to preserve your seals. You can spray it on a MF and wipe down your seals quite easily.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote