REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,394
Thanked 2,057 Times in 211 Posts
Young Male severely beaten in Richmond

i was dropping my girlfriend off home, i have a set of keys and garage remote, and i see a young asian male crouching over and looks up as i pass him heading into the garage and he is covered in blood in lots of pain with severe lacerations to the arms and probably the face too, i quickly park dial 911 and head towards him to check on him and as i was speaking with the ambulance people on the phone i come around to where he is, the cops are already there, i over herd some witnesses saying some guys were beating him up with what looked like a metal baton and then ran on foot

my guess is that this was random, this kid did not deserve the beating he got, i think its probably a gang initiation

if anybody has any information about this incident please contact the police, do the right thing, if you saw what i saw this guy was beaten so bad that he was in utter pain, im surprised he was still standing, he looked like an innocent kid too and no older then 24

this happened on cooney road and westminster hwy beside the pizza hut on cooney road side and it just happened no more than 30 minutes ago
Advertisement
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here
 
hchang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,773
Thanked 2,952 Times in 682 Posts
Props for calling 911.

But I think your opinion might be biased. An "innocent kid" wouldn't be beaten out of nowhere. And a gang initiation wouldn't be to beat up a random person, it'd be somebody who they have problems with.

And I know quite a few gangsters, and none of them have had to go through an initiation of beating somebody up to get in. But maybe times have changed, who knows.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,394
Thanked 2,057 Times in 211 Posts
^well if he was attacked on purpose then why were the suspects running on foot?

and yes random violence does happen a lot, and yes chances are its gang related, it may not be a gang that you know, there are a lot of gangs out there and some of them are the types that are unorganized and like to do violent stupid acts

when the cops were aiding him they asked him who did it, and he didn't even know
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Solo_D33A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 539
Thanked 79 Times in 22 Posts
Some people were fighting outside Parker Place at about 11ish, they came out of the seafood restaurant, holding alcohol and is drinking... Police were on scene with witness etc already when we arrived. Doesn't necessarily be gang related...
Solo_D33A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #5
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Jer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,866
Thanked 359 Times in 154 Posts
the fact he was beaten up severely (and with a baton at that) makes me doubt the fact its
a) a gang initiation
b) an unprovoked attack

you don't get beaten up for doing nothing in most cases. i think labeling him "innocent" is premature since we don't know the whole story.
Jer3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:09 AM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,394
Thanked 2,057 Times in 211 Posts
^ok, maybe he was intoxicated and provoked the guys, but the fact that 2 witnesses saw and said that they were beating him and then ran on foot?(they ran down cooney road in the direction of where 7/11 is)

if you are targeting someone you want to beat him down and then book it, the quickest way is by car, why be on foot in a public road 1 block from the busiest road in richmond?, not only that but you would want to make sure that he can't see your face/recognize you

on top of that, who walks around with a baton without having the thought of just hitting someone randomly?

i think it was random because he did not seem intoxicated, and this kid was scrawny as hell, im talking a typical skinny kid not even dressed up, just plain jeans and a plain t-shirt on, i did see a cop at kingspark steakhouse who was there for a while, maybe he was just going to that area to grab a bite and go him, maybe he even lives in the apartment beside the pizza hut
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:40 AM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
MTV Cribs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 610
Thanked 173 Times in 71 Posts
Only the kid knows what happened. For all we know he could have been trying to steal someone's car, damaging it or something and instead of getting shot and killed like that kid in Surrey, he only got beaten and lived
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,919
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,027 Posts
who cares if the kid was innocent or not.
The point is:

If anyone have more info about this incident, speak up.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #9
I'm invisible
 
Edison_Chen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 604 Vancouver
Posts: 4,340
Thanked 126 Times in 70 Posts
If its the same person, I heard he went to ICU afterwards.
__________________
REVscene.net
Edison_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,700
Thanked 1,007 Times in 403 Posts
Maybe it's related to the racism incident going around in richmond.

Maybe this kid had enemies, and they found out where he was chilling, came down with batons and beat the shit out of him. (Trust me, these set ups happens)

Maybe him and his friends came out to discuss (gong so) with his enemies, but his enemies didn't came out to discuss and starting rushing him.

Shit happens.
mr_chin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #11
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,983
Thanked 4,969 Times in 2,174 Posts
there's a whole lot of maybe's being tossed around here, all of which sounds pretty weak. he wouldn't know new members of a rival gang, and if you beat someone down and take off in a car that's right beside the attack, any witnesses will see the car and now have a description and possible plate number. this makes me think it wasn't totally random.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:33 AM   #12
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,394
Thanked 2,057 Times in 211 Posts
^it wasnt by car

suspects saw them run down the street after beating him down
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:08 AM   #13
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,011
Thanked 71 Times in 34 Posts
poor kid he needs to learn martial arts lol
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:50 AM   #14
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order
 
Culverin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,443
Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
the fact he was beaten up severely (and with a baton at that) makes me doubt the fact its
a) a gang initiation
b) an unprovoked attack

you don't get beaten up for doing nothing in most cases. i think labeling him "innocent" is premature since we don't know the whole story.

I don't know man, kids nowadays aren't exactly moral, the innocent do get targeted just as easily as newbie gangsters.


A couple years back, I was jumped by a group of 8ish or so little high school punks.
I was just on my way home from a friend's on a small street in Burnaby north, those guys quickly approached me from the rear, ran and was able to to surround me.
Despite them being fairly small, I too have a small asian build, they were all my size or bigger. At 1v8+ I couldn't really do much about it.

They picked a fight, then suddenly one of them takes out a bottle, cracks it over my head, then the rest proceed to beat on me for a couple minutes.

They didn't stop until a local came out of the house and yelled at them. At that point, I was coughing out internal blood, black eyes and swollen face. Couple of stitches too.


I've got this seething hate of people with bleached bangs, tight fake armani tshirts, low grade puma shoes and kappa kids.
I wonder why

So yeah, person gets beat up, I make the assumption he's innocent unless proven otherwise. Now if he was wearing the whiny drug dealer's kid uniform of kappa/puma/bleached hair, then yeah that's your choice for hanging with the wrong crowd.


P.S.
I went to the police, with locations, descriptions and such, but they didn't do a thing. Hooray overtaxed civil protection agency.

Next time this happens, one of the punks will be getting a broken neck. Scouting will commence, and then escalation.
I mean, what do you expect the public to do when the police choose not to take action? Sit idly by or make sure it doesn't happen to the next person in the neighborhood?
__________________
***Sarlo's Awesome Eatery ***
Facebook // Instagram
Culverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:01 AM   #15
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,011
Thanked 71 Times in 34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
I don't know man, kids nowadays aren't exactly moral, the innocent do get targeted just as easily as newbie gangsters.


A couple years back, I was jumped by a group of 8ish or so little high school punks.
I was just on my way home from a friend's on a small street in Burnaby north, those guys quickly approached me from the rear, ran and was able to to surround me.
Despite them being fairly small, I too have a small asian build, they were all my size or bigger. At 1v8+ I couldn't really do much about it.

They picked a fight, then suddenly one of them takes out a bottle, cracks it over my head, then the rest proceed to beat on me for a couple minutes.

They didn't stop until a local came out of the house and yelled at them. At that point, I was coughing out internal blood, black eyes and swollen face. Couple of stitches too.


I've got this seething hate of people with bleached bangs, tight fake armani tshirts, low grade puma shoes and kappa kids.
I wonder why

So yeah, person gets beat up, I make the assumption he's innocent unless proven otherwise. Now if he was wearing the whiny drug dealer's kid uniform of kappa/puma/bleached hair, then yeah that's your choice for hanging with the wrong crowd.


P.S.
I went to the police, with locations, descriptions and such, but they didn't do a thing. Hooray overtaxed civil protection agency.

Next time this happens, one of the punks will be getting a broken neck. Scouting will commence, and then escalation.
I mean, what do you expect the public to do when the police choose not to take action? Sit idly by or make sure it doesn't happen to the next person in the neighborhood?
see at the situation like that, i would just pick one kid and just go for that one kid dont matter if all of them keep beating me. i will still try my best to break that one kid's neck or something lol
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #16
Isaac's Hardstyle Sessions
 
Drow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,773
Thanked 1,807 Times in 547 Posts
why people would do this is beyond me
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #17
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,983
Thanked 4,969 Times in 2,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
^it wasnt by car

suspects saw them run down the street after beating him down
that's my point, their car was probably a couple blocks away. this makes it a lot less likely that any witnesses will see their car.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #18
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,394
Thanked 2,057 Times in 211 Posts
^i don't think the most thugs that run around beating up people on the street are smart enough to park far away

"ok dude, we'll park really far away but beat the guy up on a really busy street"
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:21 AM   #19
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
m4k4v4li's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AB
Posts: 2,697
Thanked 218 Times in 89 Posts
thats cuz u assume they are random thugs running around beating ppl up on the street...its fucking richmond not east hastings. why would u risk gettin ur plates taken down. its way easier to flee on foot and then jump into a car or a building away from the scene.

its prob just punk high school drama. kids dont just walk around with batons in their jackets looking for a random kid to beat up. and if they do... why the fuck would they chose a busy street to do it on?

ur logic of thinking is flawed. i wish there was a fail button
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #20
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 334
Thanked 144 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
thats cuz u assume they are random thugs running around beating ppl up on the street...its fucking richmond not east hastings. why would u risk gettin ur plates taken down. its way easier to flee on foot and then jump into a car or a building away from the scene.

its prob just punk high school drama. kids dont just walk around with batons in their jackets looking for a random kid to beat up. and if they do... why the fuck would they chose a busy street to do it on?

ur logic of thinking is flawed. i wish there was a fail button
+1
AccordCouped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #21
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
turbonerdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 123
Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
does anyone know what ACTUALLY happened?

Last edited by turbonerdz; 08-25-2010 at 07:58 AM.
turbonerdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net