REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
I STILL don't get it
 
Evolutionian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 466
Thanked 50 Times in 14 Posts
There is a Biker laying on the road at Kingsway and Imperial RIGHT NOW

Just at work.. boring morning.. and all the suddent BAM! biker was hit, didnt see how it happened, the biker is down right now at the intersection.. ambulance just got here along with fire trucks.. hopefully he'll make it.. bike looks really messed up too.. cant tell since i cant leave my lot..

bee careful all the bikers.. please take care of yourselfs while you enjoy summer on those nice toys.. keep your eyes on the road even if you see goooood looking JBs..

Hopefully hes fine.
Advertisement
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,131
Thanked 801 Times in 132 Posts
kingsway and imperial .. real big intersection. hope bikers okay!
typ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
I STILL don't get it
 
Evolutionian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 466
Thanked 50 Times in 14 Posts
one of our customer is certified first aid, he ran over to help out..

so far the biker seems fine.. no updates other than that tho..
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"
 
The_AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,134
Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
I saw a biker on the ground yesterday when going home on the Sea To Sky hwy. There were like 20 or so bikers that flew by, 2 minutes later i catch up, see all of them pulled over and one guy on the ground motionless. Those guys are fucking crazy.
__________________
I'm so stance my roof rack got a roof rack

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP


Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
124Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 5,541
Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Even though I'm not a rider, I've been lookin' into ridin' for quite some time now. After researching on the potential dangers of riding a bike, it made me more aware on the road for bikes, as they're harder to see due to their size but they can still travel as fast as cars.
I really hope the guy isn't seriously injured.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
no
 
jpark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: home
Posts: 5,372
Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
best luck to the biker guy
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
I saw a biker on the ground yesterday when going home on the Sea To Sky hwy. There were like 20 or so bikers that flew by, 2 minutes later i catch up, see all of them pulled over and one guy on the ground motionless. Those guys are fucking crazy.
Interesting, the thread on BCSB makes it out to be they weren't riding that hard. This makes more sense.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 3,558
Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
hope he's okay.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: GTA
Posts: 29,365
Thanked 10,964 Times in 4,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Interesting, the thread on BCSB makes it out to be they weren't riding that hard. This makes more sense.
Hell no. Not riding hard with BCSB? Even "n00bie" rides get out of hand and rarely do they ever go at speed.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS
 
FatalCloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Liberty City
Posts: 2,073
Thanked 422 Times in 165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124Y View Post
Even though I'm not a rider, I've been lookin' into ridin' for quite some time now. After researching on the potential dangers of riding a bike, it made me more aware on the road for bikes, as they're harder to see due to their size but they can still travel as fast as cars.
I really hope the guy isn't seriously injured.
have you forgot our lecture to you about organ donor? hehe
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
Banned (BBM)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,142
Thanked 627 Times in 368 Posts
call 911
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kits/Richmond
Posts: 4,409
Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Hell no. Not riding hard with BCSB? Even "n00bie" rides get out of hand and rarely do they ever go at speed.
I've been on a S2S Mon run with BCSB and it was fun. The noob pace was 20-30 over the limit, which is fine, that's how I usually drive my car anyways. Yet some of the other riders lapped us, so imagine how fast they would have been going.

I'm no angel, I've done the S2S at 180+ in jeans too. Shit happens, yet lets at least be honest as to why so others can learn not to be as stupid.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #13
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
optiblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,191
Thanked 274 Times in 135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124Y View Post
Even though I'm not a rider, I've been lookin' into ridin' for quite some time now. After researching on the potential dangers of riding a bike, it made me more aware on the road for bikes, as they're harder to see due to their size but they can still travel as fast as cars.
I really hope the guy isn't seriously injured.
http://www.transplant.bc.ca/index.asp

Sign up now or it won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
have you forgot our lecture to you about organ donor? hehe
It's okay~ let them ride if they want to. As long as they sign up to be donor, everyone wins!
__________________
Badminton Forums
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #14
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
TheSalesman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,637
Thanked 154 Times in 91 Posts
20 bikes is a lot. I just stick with the smaller groups.
I also went to a BCSB meet before and there are some pretty fast riders there.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #15
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"
 
The_AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,134
Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
I've been on a S2S Mon run with BCSB and it was fun. The noob pace was 20-30 over the limit, which is fine, that's how I usually drive my car anyways. Yet some of the other riders lapped us, so imagine how fast they would have been going.

I'm no angel, I've done the S2S at 180+ in jeans too. Shit happens, yet lets at least be honest as to why so others can learn not to be as stupid.
lol you guys are fucking nuts, did you see a silver civic trying to keep up? hahah
__________________
I'm so stance my roof rack got a roof rack

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP


Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #16
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
124Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 5,541
Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
have you forgot our lecture to you about organ donor? hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiblue View Post
http://www.transplant.bc.ca/index.asp

Sign up now or it won't happen.


It's okay~ let them ride if they want to. As long as they sign up to be donor, everyone wins!
LOL not this again...
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:28 AM   #17
resident Oil Guru
 
LiquidTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,716
Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
It's so stupid to write "RIGHT NOW", since tons of people read threads after the fact.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net