REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 08-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Service apartments in Hong Kong

Sorry guys, I know looking for accommodation in Hong Kong has been beat to death but does anyone know of some decent service apartments in Hong Kong?

Budget is $8000-$13,000HDK/month (for the month of December). Looking for something over 300 square feet. Enough room to fit 2 people, one bed is ok.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
UM26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Where in HK are you looking for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #3

any where close to MTR station...some locations we've looked at have been CWB, Wanchai, TST and North Point.

They've either people too small, out of budget or not replying to our emails.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Did some digging for you and found impactX's post

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
I stayed at this serviced apartment in HK for a while and it's pretty nice:

http://www.hanglung.com/contents.asp?articleid=4864

It's only around CA$700 a week with sea view, even cheaper if you are ok with no sea view and just a studio. Interest is extra though and was slow when I was there over a year ago.
Actually looking into this right now

[edit] Looks like "The Wesley" might be a better option since it's closer to the central area

http://www.hanglung.com/contents.asp?articleid=4884

Last edited by Ch28; 08-29-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UM26 View Post
any where close to MTR station...some locations we've looked at have been CWB, Wanchai, TST and North Point.

They've either people too small, out of budget or not replying to our emails.
You're still too vague. You can live in New Territories, Kowloon or HK Island which will all be substantially different in price and in size.

Here is a few on the list. Be warned, you will be a lot more if you are only staying for one month. Another suggestion would be to stay at a guesthouse but it won't be as fancy.

I have stayed at GardenEast before in Wanchai which was nice, but it's a minimum of $18,000 per month and during that time, you will probably look for either a higher price or no space available.
Quote:
My Feedback
Old 08-29-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

ya, it will be more expensive since you will only be staying for a short period of time..
obselete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

btw did u look at any cheaper places like hostils?
obselete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #8

thanks CH28...we looked at that apartment...its going to be out of budget

Rflush, kowloon and HK island is a must...new territories is too far out...i end up spending most of my time in CWB or MK so any location near those stations is good...we're not looking for anything fancy... we found 200sqf to 350 sqf for 7500-14000 for 1 month stay...we're trying to find something over 350sqf at the moment so it can be more comfortable...

obselete, i stayed in hostels on weekdays last year...but i dont think i will do it again...its too freaking noisy and i'm a light sleeper
Old 12-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #9

sorry to bring up an old thread, but i'm assuming a service apartment is like renting a condo for a short period of time?

i was looking to rent a place for 2 weeks while i'm there, staying in a holel would cost me a fortune, just wondering if any one has done this and reviews?
frost91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:55 AM   #10
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Sheraton in TST. Harbour City. Pretty much any hotel on the TST strip would have service apartments.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost91 View Post
sorry to bring up an old thread, but i'm assuming a service apartment is like renting a condo for a short period of time?

i was looking to rent a place for 2 weeks while i'm there, staying in a holel would cost me a fortune, just wondering if any one has done this and reviews?
It will be hard to find a serviced apartment for under 1 month as it is tectonically illegal for them to rent out anything short of a month.

What is your budget?
Quote:
My Feedback
Old 12-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #12

two places i've been looking at is the JJhotel and the wesley, both on hk island

i don't really have a budget but i don't want to spend an insane amount of money on hotel accomdations (i am going to japan right afterwards)

i would like something roughly 3 stars (cdn standards) around 100 cdn or under a night? i think thats average

i haven't been to hk in about 10 years but from my research i would like to stay in the causeway bay area or wan chai, i was told that after 12 the mtr shuts down and i would have to take a taxi back home if i'm out in the lkf area

i'm also considering to try priceline.com/hk

opinions? comments?? suggestions??
Old 12-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #13
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
MTR shuts down from 1AM-6AM so depends on how late / early you party till!
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #14

i'm assuming 2-3? thats a average night i guess!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #15
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost91 View Post
two places i've been looking at is the JJhotel and the wesley, both on hk island

i don't really have a budget but i don't want to spend an insane amount of money on hotel accomdations (i am going to japan right afterwards)

i would like something roughly 3 stars (cdn standards) around 100 cdn or under a night? i think thats average

i haven't been to hk in about 10 years but from my research i would like to stay in the causeway bay area or wan chai, i was told that after 12 the mtr shuts down and i would have to take a taxi back home if i'm out in the lkf area

i'm also considering to try priceline.com/hk

opinions? comments?? suggestions??
I stayed at Butterfly on Wellington during my trip last month in HK

http://www.hotels.com/ho356463/butte...ong-hong-kong/

http://www.booking.com/hotel/hk/butt...ington.en.html

Great location in Central cause it was 5 minutes away from Lan Kwai Fong and SoHo. Hotel was clean and staff was extremely friendly and accommodating whenever we asked them questions about places to check out. The elevators are locked so you can only access your floor with your hotel key. There was always a hotel staff member watching the entrance at all times so the hotel was pretty 'safe'. We only paid $120/night so it was an excellent deal!

They also have free WiFi in the lobby and you get complimentary internet in your room. All you do is plug the network cable into your laptop and you're good to go! I restocked my laptop with tv shows for the flight home with their internet haha
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote