REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 09-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Dress Shoe Good Enough for RUNNING

I know it sounds kinda odd. I'm just looking for dress / formal looking shoes that are comfortable enough to walk much or even run with.

What kinda of sole features would I be looking for? Gel or something? Hard to imagine Air capsule for leather shoe...

Is GEOX any good? I thought with their poster where steam come out of the shoe means it has build in air capsule or something... just found out it means it's breathable.
Advertisement
"With chocolate, you know what you're gonna get and I can't always be delicious."
Gachinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Cole Haan uses encapsulated air as cushioning. It helps that they're owned by Nike.

I'm not sure why you'd need dress shoes to run in though? You trying to catch the bus?
Old 09-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ I won't really run... but if it's good enough for running it's comfortable enough for walking...
"With chocolate, you know what you're gonna get and I can't always be delicious."
Old 09-02-2010, 12:24 AM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

i've got custom-made air soles made exclusively for me by the foot doctor (or whatever the hell they're known as). Cost me about $60 though.
Professir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ Wow customer?!

I want to try Cole Haan and they are AWESOME! I also tried an entire new line from Clarks call Clarks Wave, not even all models are out yet. It's half the price of Cole Haan... so I may go with that instead.

But Cole Haan is great~
Old 09-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
Aldo
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,793 Times in 823 Posts
I've owned several pairs of Geox over the years. Their breathing technology isn't really all that it's cracked up to be - I find that my shoes/socks are just as full of moisture at the end of the day wearing a pair of Geox as any regular shoe. I will say that if you can get them on sale (i.e. <$100), they're not bad shoes for the price.

I also own several pairs of Cole Haan shoes and they're pretty darn comfortable. We have a terrible selection locally however, so your best bet is to go to an outlet in the States and pay 50% off retail.

Aldo may have actually made decent shoes 15 years ago, but the stuff they sell now is mostly utter garbage. I wouldn't even pay $40 for a pair of their shoes.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 2,952 Times in 682 Posts
Sounds like you need some James Bond shoes.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
CD5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

If you can find some 96 Hours by Neil Barret for Puma shoes. They are designed for a business trips. Wears like a sneaker but looks very dressy. And most of them are Made in Italy.