REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Hyundai / Kia / Daewoo Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/hyundai-kia-daewoo-tech-resources_316/)
-   -   Hyundai Dealerships in BC (https://www.revscene.net/forums/623825-hyundai-dealerships-bc.html)

JLASA 09-02-2010 03:16 PM

Hyundai Dealerships in BC

where did you guys get your hyundai's from (preferebly genesis coupe owners)

price:
salesman:
type: 3.0/2.0
trim:
dealership:

other hyundai owners reply too pls:thumbsup:

hchang 09-02-2010 03:21 PM

*Looks at jpark* :D

jpark 09-02-2010 03:27 PM

^LOL

and op, i think you meant 3.8 not 3.0 lol

Jgresch 09-02-2010 06:02 PM

Stay away from Jp Hyundai in coquitlam and surrey. North shore has better service.
Posted via RS Mobile

JLASA 09-02-2010 09:20 PM

haha my bad jpark i was in a rush

TheSalesman 09-02-2010 10:14 PM

We have a new Hyundai dealership.
Let me know if you wanna deal with a car enthusiast rather then just another salesmen.
I'll make sure you're taken care of.

iwbtib 09-08-2010 11:46 AM

http://www.mapleridgehyundai.ca/

Maple Ridge and White Rock Hyundai are the only Hyundai dealership I would go to in the lowermainland.

We've had some local Hyundai members complain that they have had issues getting warranty work done/completed at JP. With my experience more than likely it is on any of Hyundai's manual transmissions. They are very failure prone due to inadequate materials/make of the dual mass flywheel from the factory. Bad clutch/flywheel assemblies have plagued all GK Tiburon (2003-2008 both 5&6 speeds) and I have read many people having similar problems with the Genesis. Many people have found their stock clutch dying at under 50,000 kms however some dealers won't provide the promised warranty work and blame the excessive wear on "The owners driving style".

Good luck with your search! But just remember if you're buying a manual genesis to be ready to buy some aftermarket transmission parts a few years down the road. If you buy an Auto you will be set :D

1990TSI 09-08-2010 04:35 PM

I've had lots of luck with North Shore Hyundai

bought the first GC in BC there and have reccomended them to others, who are also happy with the service.

I've had no major issues with getting warranty stuff fixed. just stuff out of their hands, like getting a PS pump took 3 weeks, but there were none in north america, can't blame JP for that!

Just recently I took it in to get my muffler replaced under warranty for a strange noise, and they replaced it no questions asked, took a week to get, very quick installation too.

I have a friend with a 2010 accent, and she had a tire issue fixed right away at north shore, then her horn stopped working, and they replaced it too without giving her a runaround.

The techs are great and Carson the service guy is also great. Can't say a single bad thing about north shore hyundai.

Jgresch 09-08-2010 05:09 PM

^ I have Carsons Cell number in my phone because I was there so much lol

viet-nammer 11-05-2010 12:03 AM

What car do u have jgresch?

rageguy 02-05-2011 01:53 PM

Thinking of getting a Genesis Coupe. Based on the above responses, looks like there is only OpenRoad Hyundai and North Shore Hyundai to go to. Any comments on OpenRoad?

AstulzerRZD 06-30-2011 07:36 PM

The Genesis Coupe ain't bad. I heard it was getting a refresh soon.

Anyways, Open Road is fine for sales, just try not to go there for servicing; i've had less than positive experiences with them. For sales, try to look for Lawrence Lee; he knows his product quite well and is pretty easy going as far as salesmen go

If you have any issues, pm me and I can try and have a chat with him

rageguy 07-14-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD (Post 7496443)
The Genesis Coupe ain't bad. I heard it was getting a refresh soon.

Anyways, Open Road is fine for sales, just try not to go there for servicing; i've had less than positive experiences with them. For sales, try to look for Lawrence Lee; he knows his product quite well and is pretty easy going as far as salesmen go

If you have any issues, pm me and I can try and have a chat with him

Heh a little bit late. I went to OpenRoad a week after to seal the deal. You are absolutely correct that their service department is one of the worst in Vancouver. I've even went as far as filing an official complaint to corporate regarding an extremely terrible experience. What's more is that a significant amount of Genesis owners have lots of bad things to say about them too and they also filed lots of complaints.

Overall, if anyone is reading this, don't take your service to OpenRoad Hyundai. You have been warned.

- kT 07-20-2011 03:16 PM

price: not going to disclose, as i was an employee there at the time so special pricing
salesman: allen
type: 2.0T
trim: GT
dealership: OpenRoad Hyundai

few words of advice: if you want to get your car serviced at a hyundai dealership, do not go to openroad. that's all

LSF22 07-20-2011 03:51 PM

As far as sales is concerned, is OpenRoad decent or should I stick with NorthShore or WhiteRock as stated in the earlier posts?

Thinking of getting a Gen coupe so any pros and cons of any coupe owners on here please feel free to speak your mind

TheSalesman 07-20-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSF22 (Post 7518237)
As far as sales is concerned, is OpenRoad decent or should I stick with NorthShore or WhiteRock as stated in the earlier posts?

Thinking of getting a Gen coupe so any pros and cons of any coupe owners on here please feel free to speak your mind

I can also help you out.
I'm at Destination Hyundai in Vancouver.

rageguy 07-22-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSF22 (Post 7518237)

OpenRoad Hyundai sales dept is ok, but you are better off going to another dealership. You want to establish a connection with them because you may be visiting them every few months for service. I know JP Hyundai in Surrey is praised often. Destination Hyundai seems new and may be good as well.

Lowered_Klass 10-29-2011 11:38 AM

I didn't end up buying a Hyundai, but the worst dealership I went to, was Langley Hyundai. Very unimpressed with the sales person I dealt with (I cannot remember his name :( ) Know a couple other people that weren't blown away by their service either.

kyleyap 07-17-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed (Post 7633543)
I didn't end up buying a Hyundai, but the worst dealership I went to, was Langley Hyundai. Very unimpressed with the sales person I dealt with (I cannot remember his name :( ) Know a couple other people that weren't blown away by their service either.

I work at that dealership now and see nothing wrong with service, although I think it was different people running it back in 2011

mk1freak 09-10-2012 12:14 PM

pretty happy with openroad service now...and i was dam picky, I dealt with Matt (service manager IIRC) sales guy are pretty good too, maybe they cleaned house since last year?

law418 10-15-2014 06:11 PM

I just got my Tucson limited in OpenRoad Hyundai about a month ago. I'm pretty happy with my salesperson, Jack. Hope their service department improves from earlier that you guys mentioned.

By the way, have anyone got experience bringing their own synthetic oil to your Hyundai dealership yet? I would like to bring my own oil but depending on what they charge...

TheSalesman 10-15-2014 06:15 PM

Why dont you just do your own oil change? They might just charge you more for labor. Also synthetic is not needed. Waste of money unless you can get them at the closeout deals for $20 a jug.

VR6GTI 10-16-2014 08:51 AM

Bought mine at JP on the north shore went there for service twice, first time was meh, second time was very bad. The service guy has no idea what he is talking about. I found coquitlam/poco HYUNDAI much better.

da-suu 10-16-2014 08:35 PM

JP hyundai in poco is the best ! best service and quality work !.

ohgee 12-09-2014 12:00 PM

Hey guys, I currently work at Abbotsford Hyundai. Could be a little drive for the most of you but I can definetly make it worth while for you. If any of you are in the market for a new Hyundai feel free to PM me and I can shoot all the details without any hassle.