REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   civil lawsuit or criminal lawsuit (https://www.revscene.net/forums/623906-civil-lawsuit-criminal-lawsuit.html)

chinook79 09-03-2010 02:09 PM

civil lawsuit or criminal lawsuit

My friend got conned $200,000 from her ex-boyfriend. Basically, her ex told my friend that he would invest money in US to make more that they would be able to buy a condo together. He then asked my friend to put the money in joint account so that he can quickly have access to the money when the oppotunity arises. He withdrew all the money from the joint account when my friend went on a trip and disappeared. Now they are in civil lawsuit but why can't this be a criminal lawsuit as a fraud?
Also, the ex-boyfriend is making up tons of lie statements in court which can easily be proven false. He also accused me of firing him because of me knowing the situation and due to a personal feeling towards them(I'm the ex-boyfriend's manager) This also can easily be proven as a false statement.
With so many lies in front of the court, wouldn't it be possible to charge him?

fsy82 09-03-2010 02:11 PM

I think you should talk to a lawyer than consulting people on Revscene.

chinook79 09-03-2010 02:42 PM

My friend is already talking to a lawyer.
I thought if anyone have any expertise on this issue it wouldn't hurt to ask for more information

johny 09-03-2010 04:16 PM

charge him with what? she gave him the money and access to the acount... lesson learned.

jasonturbo 09-03-2010 05:04 PM

Ouch.

From what you have said, this is not a criminal matter, and civil litigation will be the only means to recoup those financial loses.

chinook79 09-03-2010 06:46 PM

basically this is how things are.. the person who stole money is defending himself in court saying that my friend gave him money to pay off gambling debt. He also stated that he lost his job because I fired him when in fact, he got himself fired for not showing up to work for 3 months without notice. 3 fucking months and he expects to keep his job? He also put downpayment on apartment with his 2nd gf whom he cheated with and also bought a brand new black BMW. He has been seen driving this 2nd gf to my workplace (his 2nd gf is also working under me). Also this with money he stole from my friend. On top of that, now his 2nd gf is accusing me of threating her at work, using my authority to treat her unfairly which none of it is true, and I am in process of clearing this mess up at work with human resources. This is really annoying and frustrating and it disgust me everyday to see 2nd gf at work working under me under my direct supervision. I cannot fire her for dishonesty because it is basically her words against mine and things can get ugly if everything is done carefully

chinook79 09-03-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny (Post 7091127)
charge him with what? she gave him the money and access to the acount... lesson learned.

charge him with falsely accusing me of wrongdoing in court, and knowingly making false statement in court which can easily be proven?

seakrait 09-09-2010 05:46 PM

if you can find something on this in the CCC, go at it. unfortunately, this seems to be a civil matter.

she GAVE him the money. he didn't steal it out of her account. it's a big difference.

TekDragon 09-10-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinook79 (Post 7091247)
charge him with falsely accusing me of wrongdoing in court, and knowingly making false statement in court which can easily be proven?

perjury is the term you're looking for here I believe.

6793026 09-10-2010 11:19 AM

blah blah blah, it's going to be bias based on what you say. stop communicating with this woman and always have a 3rd party at all times when you talk to her. Always have HR deal with her and you'll be fine. You better find a way to solve this and I still have no idea why seh is working there or why you are still hiring her.

Volitaire 09-11-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 7099374)
blah blah blah, it's going to be bias based on what you say. stop communicating with this woman and always have a 3rd party at all times when you talk to her. Always have HR deal with her and you'll be fine. You better find a way to solve this and I still have no idea why seh is working there or why you are still hiring her.

It sounds like the girl is the victim... and the girl is his friend... the ex-boyfriend is the guy who took the money

It also doesn't sound criminal, she willingly put it into a joint account knowing he had full access to the money... sure she believed it was going to be used for something else.. but it's not criminal because she basically put the money there for him to use...

All in all, it'll come down to a he/said she said.. and with the grounds needed to convict in criminal court... it wont happen without lots of evidence... in civil court there is very common sense approach and she has a good chance with the balance of probabilities...

And you cant charge for a accusation of wrongdoing in court.. otherwise lots of lawyers will be in jail :D

ajax 09-11-2010 10:21 AM

She can take him to court as they had a verbal contract on what he would do. She put her trust in him and he ran with the money.
Posted via RS Mobile

Johnkowsky 09-20-2010 12:02 PM

sounds like a case for judge judy!

zulutango 09-21-2010 06:03 AM

Just remember...verbal contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. :) VERY difficult to prove. He said, she said.