REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

civil lawsuit or criminal lawsuit

My friend got conned $200,000 from her ex-boyfriend. Basically, her ex told my friend that he would invest money in US to make more that they would be able to buy a condo together. He then asked my friend to put the money in joint account so that he can quickly have access to the money when the oppotunity arises. He withdrew all the money from the joint account when my friend went on a trip and disappeared. Now they are in civil lawsuit but why can't this be a criminal lawsuit as a fraud?
Also, the ex-boyfriend is making up tons of lie statements in court which can easily be proven false. He also accused me of firing him because of me knowing the situation and due to a personal feeling towards them(I'm the ex-boyfriend's manager) This also can easily be proven as a false statement.
With so many lies in front of the court, wouldn't it be possible to charge him?
Advertisement
chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I think you should talk to a lawyer than consulting people on Revscene.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #3

My friend is already talking to a lawyer.
I thought if anyone have any expertise on this issue it wouldn't hurt to ask for more information
Old 09-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

charge him with what? she gave him the money and access to the acount... lesson learned.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Ouch.

From what you have said, this is not a criminal matter, and civil litigation will be the only means to recoup those financial loses.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #6

basically this is how things are.. the person who stole money is defending himself in court saying that my friend gave him money to pay off gambling debt. He also stated that he lost his job because I fired him when in fact, he got himself fired for not showing up to work for 3 months without notice. 3 fucking months and he expects to keep his job? He also put downpayment on apartment with his 2nd gf whom he cheated with and also bought a brand new black BMW. He has been seen driving this 2nd gf to my workplace (his 2nd gf is also working under me). Also this with money he stole from my friend. On top of that, now his 2nd gf is accusing me of threating her at work, using my authority to treat her unfairly which none of it is true, and I am in process of clearing this mess up at work with human resources. This is really annoying and frustrating and it disgust me everyday to see 2nd gf at work working under me under my direct supervision. I cannot fire her for dishonesty because it is basically her words against mine and things can get ugly if everything is done carefully
Old 09-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
charge him with what? she gave him the money and access to the acount... lesson learned.
charge him with falsely accusing me of wrongdoing in court, and knowingly making false statement in court which can easily be proven?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
SardaukarMod

if you can find something on this in the CCC, go at it. unfortunately, this seems to be a civil matter.

she GAVE him the money. he didn't steal it out of her account. it's a big difference.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #9
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook79 View Post
charge him with falsely accusing me of wrongdoing in court, and knowingly making false statement in court which can easily be proven?
perjury is the term you're looking for here I believe.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #10
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
blah blah blah, it's going to be bias based on what you say. stop communicating with this woman and always have a 3rd party at all times when you talk to her. Always have HR deal with her and you'll be fine. You better find a way to solve this and I still have no idea why seh is working there or why you are still hiring her.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:49 AM   #11
User Number 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
blah blah blah, it's going to be bias based on what you say. stop communicating with this woman and always have a 3rd party at all times when you talk to her. Always have HR deal with her and you'll be fine. You better find a way to solve this and I still have no idea why seh is working there or why you are still hiring her.
It sounds like the girl is the victim... and the girl is his friend... the ex-boyfriend is the guy who took the money

It also doesn't sound criminal, she willingly put it into a joint account knowing he had full access to the money... sure she believed it was going to be used for something else.. but it's not criminal because she basically put the money there for him to use...

All in all, it'll come down to a he/said she said.. and with the grounds needed to convict in criminal court... it wont happen without lots of evidence... in civil court there is very common sense approach and she has a good chance with the balance of probabilities...

And you cant charge for a accusation of wrongdoing in court.. otherwise lots of lawyers will be in jail
Volitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

She can take him to court as they had a verbal contract on what he would do. She put her trust in him and he ran with the money.
Posted via RS Mobile
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #13
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

sounds like a case for judge judy!
Johnkowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #14
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Just remember...verbal contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. VERY difficult to prove. He said, she said.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote