REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Disputed ticked for cell phonewhile driving and won? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624149-disputed-ticked-cell-phonewhile-driving-won.html)

wuuhoo 09-06-2010 10:46 PM

^ i thought your keys are not allowed to be in the ignition, if you are using your phone?

jackmeister 09-06-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuuhoo (Post 7094829)
^ i thought your keys are not allowed to be in the ignition, if you are using your phone?

what if you're parked and needed to start the engine so you can charge your cell phone?

Tim Budong 09-07-2010 02:50 AM

the cop has gotta be an asshole if your parked to the side and stills gives u a ticket/warning.

but really
what the hell is the difference between talkin on the phone while driving and doin makeup in the car while drivin..or holding onto a hot cup of coffee

retarded

FerrariEnzo 09-07-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackmeister (Post 7094859)
what if you're parked and needed to start the engine so you can charge your cell phone?

you dont need to start the engine, you can put it on acc. and you can use the outlet.

zulutango 09-07-2010 05:02 AM

Definitions
214.1 In this Part:

"electronic device" means

(a) a hand-held cellular telephone or another hand-held electronic device that includes a telephone function,

(b) a hand-held electronic device that is capable of transmitting or receiving electronic mail or other text-based messages, or

(c) a prescribed class or type of electronic device;

"use", in relation to an electronic device, means one or more of the following actions:

(a) holding the device in a position in which it may be used;

(b) operating one or more of the device’s functions;

(c) communicating orally by means of the device with another person or another device;

(d) taking another action that is set out in the regulations by means of, with or in relation to an electronic device.

Prohibition against use of electronic device while driving
214.2 (1) A person must not use an electronic device while driving or operating a motor vehicle on a highway.

(2) Without limiting subsection (1), a person must not communicate by means of an electronic device with another person or another device by electronic mail or other text-based message.

ilvtofu 09-07-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7095015)
Definitions
214.1 In this Part:

(a) a hand-held cellular telephone or another hand-held electronic device that includes a telephone function,

(b) a hand-held electronic device that is capable of transmitting or receiving electronic mail or other text-based messages, or

"use", in relation to an electronic device, means one or more of the following actions:

(c) communicating orally by means of the device with another person or another device;

(d) taking another action that is set out in the regulations by means of, with or in relation to an electronic device.

214.2 (1) A person must not use an electronic device while driving or operating a motor vehicle on a highway.

(2) Without limiting subsection (1), a person must not communicate by means of an electronic device with another person or another device by electronic mail or other text-based message.

I think this one
Quote:

Is the one that screwed the OP over, holding it to press end key could just as easily be texting especially from a couple meters away IMO

bloodmack 09-07-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 7094386)
I saw a cop talking on his cell the other day while driving...
Posted via RS Mobile

They'll claim that they are trained to use a electronic device and drive.

Really? Failing me? Go google up why they are exempt, you see them using the cruiser computers all the time, thats way worst then a cell phone.

underscore 09-07-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7095015)
Definitions
214.1 In this Part:

For a second part C confused me, until I re-read the "hand-held" part above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7094441)
Apparently those like construction ppl or contractors that use two way radio things to communication to HQ, those radios are exempt from the cellphone/electronic law too. Or so I've been told.
Posted via RS Mobile

IIRC, anything that you use has to be fixed and have to be "1-touch," correct? So since a 2 way radio (or at least all the ones I've seen) allow you to communicate with only 1 button, they're fine?

InvisibleSoul 09-07-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jgresch (Post 7094809)
Actually, a friend of mine was parked in his driveway talking on his cell phone when a cop drove by, pulled behind him and gave him a ticket lol.... He's fighting it of course, but it seemed a little ridiculous to me....

(Unless my friend is lying and was driving home or something and the cop followed him)

Hmm, can you still get a ticket even if you're on your own property?

Lomac 09-07-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7094709)
Then....buy one of those mount things, or a better bluetooth device so you can leave your phone in your pocket. Or a better solution, don't use your phone while you drive.

I have a Blue Ant S1, which is a bluetooth speaker. It keeps both my ears free, which I actually think is safer than having one ear plugged with an ear mounted one. It's one touch answer/end. The only time I pick up my phone is to look at who's calling, and that takes about as much time as looking down at the screen in my car when I want to see what the temperature is set at, and it's a hell of a lot quicker than looking at what radio station I'm wanting to change to.

Now tell me again why I need to mount my cellphone to the dash?

TOS'd 09-07-2010 04:01 PM

Cause even picking up your phone to look at it is apparently illegal. You can't prove you were just looking at the screen, you could have just fired off a text msg or email.

wobuffet 09-07-2010 05:26 PM

newest thing to hit the streets! now go get one.
http://www.robdurdle.com/images/late...ooth_thumb.jpg