REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Another Financial Crisis?

my first thread =]

take it in and tell me your opinion

Advertisement
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

All the stimulus nothing more than a bandaid on a 3rd degree burn. The next set of crisis will be worst than the great depression and will involve commercial real estate and the currency crisis, hyperinflation etc.. It will be really tough times for people as unemployment will skyrocket even higher and basic survival needs gets really expensive. Look up Ron Paul, very well respected congressman that is actually exposing the truth of the private bank Federal Reserve and the corrupt practice of the central banks. The UN will become the new global government and IMF will become the new central bank. It is a structured global takedown.

Last edited by Ducdesmo; 09-07-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Ducdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Government bailout and stimulus worked. Look at all the TARP recipient banks, most of the banks who took the money have returned it to the treasury and are sitting on much stronger capital today than in 2008. General Motors is also another success story with regards to government intervention. If the Government had let GM go in an disorderly fashion, the result would be destructive to the auto industry and economy as a whole. Now GM is back, and ready to file an IPO to get the government off their back before year end.

After what the leaders of the world have seen and how fast can financial markets (credit markets especially) can ripple through and affect the real economy, policy makers around the world are very sensitive to what is going on in the world. So to say, we will have another significant downturn in the near future is exaggerated in my opinion.

Fiscal policy remains to be stimulative and monetary policy is pedal-to-the-metal accommodative. Corporations' balance sheet and earnings are strong and healthy, as they are sitting on record amount of cash. Companies are also able to borrow at exceptionally low rate. IBM issued a $1.5 billion 3-year notes at only 1 percent, in effect showing the tremendous strength of debt market. Credit market is the real reason why this recession felt so different than previous one. But today a lot of companies are able to finance their operation at record low rate, bankruptcy rates have come way down, which is another reason why there is no double-dip in the cards.

With regards to the videos, people like Peter Shciff talk about his own book every chance he gets. This guy has been a gold bull since $200. Sure, he has gotten it right. But $5000 an ounce for gold? Get real. Shciff also likes to invest in emergency market, for some reason, he thinks that the developed countries like U.S. can go to hell, while countries like China and India is going to do great. There is no decoupling, we live in a global economy, everyone is connected. If the United States go to hell, everyone else will as well. Just look at the damage done by one investment bank - Lehman Brother. If we listen to what Peter Shciff is suggesting, then we will have 20% unemployment and this is politically unfeasible.

Now this is to the people who are fearing-mongering others on the record deficit and debt. First of all, record deficit and debt is a result of the recession and government's effort to revive demand. It is the effect not the cause. One of greatest myth out there is that people think too much pubic debt will lead to soaring inflation down the road. But that is just not true. The treasury market is the most liquid market in the world and will continues to be, as investor perceive U.S. government debt to be the safest of all investments. Not a single developed countries have defaulted in the last 60 years; developed nation like the United States, EU nations, Japan can take on a lot more debt than you might think. Beside, the main reason government are taking on more debt is because private sector and consumer are de-leveraging. Without the government taking on more debt, we'd all being in much bigger trouble.

The real worries right now is not inflation, but deflation. However, do not underestimate the power of accommodative monetary policy, or should I say don't fight the Fed.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutgz View Post
All the stimulus nothing more than a bandaid on a 3rd degree burn. The next set of crisis will be worst than the great depression and will involve commercial real estate and the currency crisis, hyperinflation etc.. It will be really tough times for people as unemployment will skyrocket even higher and basic survival needs gets really expensive. Look up Ron Paul, very well respected congressman that is actually exposing the truth of the private bank Federal Reserve and the corrupt practice of the central banks. The UN will become the new global government and IMF will become the new central bank. It is a structured global takedown.
Then I guess you better close your bank accounts, convert your cash into something tangible like gold or other precious metals, then run for the hills. If it is indeed a structured global takedown, then who benefits? Opus Dei? Freemasons?

I don't know enough about Ron Paul's economic theories to comment, but we all know what kind of a rational individual his son turned out to be.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Then I guess you better close your bank accounts, convert your cash into something tangible like gold or other precious metals, then run for the hills. If it is indeed a structured global takedown, then who benefits? Opus Dei? Freemasons?

I don't know enough about Ron Paul's economic theories to comment, but we all know what kind of a rational individual his son turned out to be.
Actually I am invested in precious metal and have made good money off it. It's not so much gold is skyrocketing, it's because the dollar is losing value. It's a fact that the US dollar/Dow has lost 80% of its value against gold since 99.

As for who benefits from the global takedown, I will leave that for you to find out. But don't you find it a bit weird that multiple nations who have some of the brightest economists/financial analyst are ALL running into the same financial problems right now? A bit too much of a coincidence..

I do not know enough about Rand, so I will not to comment. I suggest you look into Ron Paul and his views on the monetary policy and his insight in promoting the liberty amongst the American people. He is one of the few politicans that is there to expose the truth rather than sweet talking his way into another term.
Ducdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote