REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
Pillows Help

I searched before I made this topic, however I didn't find any answers.

I'm looking for COMFORTABLE pillows for side sleepers. I never tried out Ikea pillows though. However please give out stores names you may suggest me to try out some pillows.

OH P.S.
I'm looking for nice colourful-ish blanket cover with pillow cases as well.

Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Don't try the Ikea pillows. I literally just returned one. The rep who processed my refund transaction mentioned a lot were coming back. I got one for my lady friend and while she already has a bad neck, the Ikea pillow made it worse. It was uncomfortable and wouldn't form correctly.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
I love my buckwheat-filled pillow. You can form them to any head/neck shape and they really support my neck. They are pretty firm/leaning toward hard, but that's how I like my pillows.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

the best pillow i've tried was this one from sleep country... it basically made me want to sleep ASAP !!!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
RS Veteran

pretty much all pillows feel comfy to me at first =/ i had bad neck pains from an old, flattened down pillow...so i started sleeping without one. my neck still hurt but it was better. i bought a new obus forme pillow... thought it was be so comfy because it was so fluffy but turns out it was too fluffy for me. so i've been sleeping without a pillow for a few months now and no neck pain at all.

i've seen nice sheet/duvet sets at bed bath and beyond, and home outfitters. zellers/sears isn't too bad either. depends on the style and price range you're after.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

i like my side-sleeper Ikea pillow. it is super fluffy and it was $70. have been using it for almost a year now, and the pains on my back and shoulder rarely comes back.

i think it has a lot to do with your mattress too.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
^
I think they changed the materials used in the recent Ikea pillows. The one we got was stiff and had this funny synthetic smell and feel to it.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
WHAT? NO FOOD?

You guys haven't wrote any brands to recommended.

However I'll check out home outfitter and bed bath & beyond to check out the duvet set and pillows. Thanks!

Please leave suggestions! Thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
I second the side sleeper pillow from Sleep Country. I have two which I purchased with my bed and will buy another two to replace them in a year.

As for duvet covers, I recently shopped around for new sheets/duvet covers. I got my sheets from Home Outfitters (500 count cotton) for around 100 after a 20% off coupon (the ones you get in the mail from time to time).

I actually got my duvet cover from the linens store near the Metrotown food court (across the Sheffields/Kernels, a few stores down from the Blacks Camera on the upper level). They have very reasonable prices for both duvets and covers (and sheets). You should check them out before buying
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I'm a expensinve pillow kinda guy. I can only sleep on all Down pillows and I get them at Dania down. My last one was $130 or something like that. It's so easy to bunch up under your head and its great. Thats all I have ever slept with.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
WHAT? NO FOOD?

^ You don't mind about the price at all? Are they actually feel more comfortable than comfy pillows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
I second the side sleeper pillow from Sleep Country. I have two which I purchased with my bed and will buy another two to replace them in a year.
How long do they last for?

Last edited by Santofu; 09-12-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #12
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I have had about 6+ pillows like that from Dania Down. Yes its a lot of cash but I'm the type of sleeper who liked to bunch his pillow up in a ball and sleep that way. I even bought the g/f a pillow and got her hooked on it.

Honestly it's a lot of cash but once you sleep on it it's worth it. and yes a full 100% down pillow is that comfy and awesome to sleep on.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #13
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i went to sleepshop and got 3 pillows for 80-90 each... their allright but i think my 40 dollar ikea one was far better!
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #14
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I have had about 6+ pillows like that from Dania Down. Yes its a lot of cash but I'm the type of sleeper who liked to bunch his pillow up in a ball and sleep that way. I even bought the g/f a pillow and got her hooked on it.

Honestly it's a lot of cash but once you sleep on it it's worth it. and yes a full 100% down pillow is that comfy and awesome to sleep on.
Which pillows did you get? I'm more like a side sleeper but i wake up on my back.

I'm still looking for the suggestions! Please help!
I need to look for pillows and my currently pillows are giving me neckpains after i got my new mattress.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #15
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Not a pillow recommendation, but a word of warning - some stores don't allow returns on pillows, so make sure you're aware of that before paying!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #16
Retired moderator

Your 411 on pillows:

http://www.slumberslumber.com/inform...ght-pillow/70/

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #17
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
fuckin 100% down.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #18
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
http://www.sleepinnovations.com/Pillows.html#contour

bought the "memory foam contour pillow" from costco a few months back, it's pretty dam good for the price, got one from the states for $19.99USD then discovered it was available here as well for $21.99CAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote