REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-15-2010, 05:29 AM   #26
Boost Lee

Trial lawyer
Advertisement

Last edited by 1BADMR2; 01-15-2012 at 08:00 AM.
1BADMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #27
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

+1 on getting a lawyer.

When I got hit last year the passenger had some back issues for a little while. ICBC initially offered them 5k, but we went to go see a lawyer, and they told us for this type of injury the settlement is typically 15-50k. A year later theyre trying to settle, and offered them around 10k this time - the lawyer advised them not to accept.
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #28
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
I'm going through an injury claim right now. Been just over a year and my lower back and left shoulder aren't getting any better. I don't think my doctor is making the right diagnosis. Is it okay to see another doctor for a second opinion or does ICBC not like that? I'm seeing my family doctor, same doctor I've been seeing 25 years but in recent years, it seems she's lost her passion for the job and I have a feeling it's affecting my recovery.

This was my experience as well. I managed my own claim and closed it going by the advice of my family doctor that I hadn't suffered and serious injury. Now two years later I'm in daily pain as my shoulder was much more seriously damaged then my early pain would indicated and scar tissue and a calcium deposits in a facture so small it didn't even show up on my Xrays the first go around are restricting my movement in my right shoulder and causing me headaches on a near daily bases.

I agree, you may not need to HIRE a lawyer, but it would definitely be to your benifit to consult with one who will at very least give you some advice as to how to proceed.