REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Motorsports

REVscene Motorsports RS Motorsports by The Speed Syndicate
RS Race Team
Pitt Meadows & Mission Raceway. Organize Race Pre-meets, post Racing related event Pics and discussion. In collaboration with The Speed Syndicate, Official race events presenter. [Solicitation of Professional Racing Events Allowed]

Old 09-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

UBCSCC AutoX - The Kentucky Fried Challenge - Sep 19, 2010

UBCSCC AutoX
Membership Required
Date: Sunday, September 19, 2010
Cost: $35 by pre-registration via Karelo only

The Kentucky Fried Challenge consists of 11 herbs and spices as well as a chance to win one of three (3) $20 gift cards to KFC! To obtain one of these AMAZING gifts, you must first defeat... THE COLONEL (SURPRISE!). Duh duh duh! in your own car.

Event Page and Information

FOR REVSCENE MEMBERS ONLY:

Please provide your revscene user ID at the event (just your name) and you will be entered in to win one special REVSCENE MEMBER EXCLUSIVE Prize Pack.

Please contact JMac on the UBCSCC forums via. PM for further details.
Advertisement
fr0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #2

Oh right..!

You get a free UBCSCC T-Shirt, just for signing up for this event and purchasing a new ($25) or return ($20) membership! To boot, this membership will be good from Sept. 1 2010 to Dec. 31 2011... 16 Months for the price of 12.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
mpr
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

tempting. I want some KFC.

How would I know if my car pass the sound test before the event? if under the regulations, basically any aftermarket exhaust will not be able to pass the noise regulations.

"It is highly unlikely that ANY aftermarket exhaust or exhaust/intake combination will pass this strict requirement. In addition to exhaust noise, other forms of excessive noise may be locked tires under braking, loud music, etc."
Old 09-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
Old School RS

Thanked 3,959 Times in 1,207 Posts
We are trying to encourage as much leniency as we can, but ultimately we have to uphold the rules set jointly by all the clubs. There are people, myself included, who have both an intake and exhaust on the car and we are under or at the sound limit but our choices in parts have been made specifically with the goal of keeping noise down. If you have a quiet to average exhaust you should come out, worst case you may have to lift a bit to keep the noise down. If you or your buddies think your exhaust is "loud" then it is definitely too loud and you should find a buddy and drive his car instead - two drivers can drive one car with no loss in driving time at all.

-Mark
Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

faaaaaaaaaaaaack, missed this...

anything like this happening again?(before next year)
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #6

Of course! We have 2 more autocrosses for 2010. These are special as they mark the beginning of our annual Slush Series. "Slush," as it is known, includes our single largest annual prize pool with a number of different sub-classes for competitors of all skill levels, prep levels and abilities. There are 10 monetary prizes (from $200 to $50) and 2 full sets of Toyo race tires up for grabs. The event dates are:

Slush 1 - Sunday, October 24th
Slush 2 - Sunday, November 28th

Head to www.UBCSCC.com for details on the Slush Series soon!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

def going to hit those up!
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #8
HPR
RS Lurker, I don't post!

i heard this was an awesome event! cant wait for the next one!
HPR is offline   Reply With Quote