REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Global News National 5:50 segment on protien powder

Their will be a segment on protien powders on global national right now.
Advertisement
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...view/index.htm

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
lol the dude in the video was probably just drinking shakes lol no wonder he was pinner as fuck, anyone who is looking to bulk up with protein powder should get 45 plates thrown at there head, i have never had any stomach problems at all and i have tried many kinds, just the media trying to scare you
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
lol the dude in the video was probably just drinking shakes lol no wonder he was pinner as fuck, anyone who is looking to bulk up with protein powder should get 45 plates thrown at there head, i have never had any stomach problems at all and i have tried many kinds, just the media trying to scare you
counterpoint: smokers that develop lung cancer usually go 20+ years without any problems.

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust

Last edited by SizzleChest; 09-14-2010 at 07:30 PM.
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

who gives a shit everything kills you these days. aspartame will be like the cigarettes of our generation. being a fat slob or eating mcdix all day will kill you a lot quicker then too much protein powder will.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
I subscribe to Revscene

yeah i read another article about it contain same stuff.. it is kinda scary tho.. i dont think im gonna weight lift forever tho lol.. so I dont think itll be that bad.
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
who gives a shit everything kills you these days. aspartame will be like the cigarettes of our generation. being a fat slob or eating mcdix all day will kill you a lot quicker then too much protein powder will.
Except aspartame has never been scientifically known to cause any disease in humans.
stylez2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez2k4 View Post
Except aspartame has never been scientifically known to cause any disease in humans.
Is Diet Coke bad for you?

14:08 JST » Health and Medicine

Aspartame is poison!

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet is not very sweet in itself, that may be why Equal puts Dextrose (sugar) and maltodextrin as the first ingredients, so that it tastes sweet.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet is a brain drug that stimulates your brain so you think that the food you're eating tastes sweet. If you pay attention you'll notice that when using Aspartame/Nutrasweet, everything you eat at the same time also tastes sweet! This may be why Aspartame/Nutrasweet causes you to crave carbohydrates. Hence, you won't lose weight using it.
BTW, cyclamates got pulled off the market in the 70's in the US (but not Canada or the rest of the world) because the sugar industry saw too much of their market disappear.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees! Therefore you should never use Aspartame/Nutrasweet in hot beverages or cooked foods such as Jello. How the FDA allows this remains a mystery. There is mounting evidence that the "Burning Mouth Syndrome" experienced by the Desert Storm troops was actually Methanol poisoning from the Diet Coke they drank lots of, after being exposed to desert temperatures.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 10% Methanol appears in the body quickly and is the same alcohol (wood alcohol also in lacquer thinner), that your mother correctly warned you could make you blind. Many skid-row alcoholics had major problems with this cheap but deadly form of alcohol.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 40% Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet triggers Migraine Headaches This even happened to me!. The Usenet is filled with posts by people who have pinned their migraines down to aspartame/Nutrasweet consumption.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer.
The American Bottlers Association did not want the FDA to approve Aspartame/Nutrasweet because of what the test report showed. But the FDA approved it anyway!
* Airline pilots stay away from Aspartame/Nutrasweet because they are well aware of the documented dangers.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet also breaks down to diketopiperazine [DKP] which is proven to cause Brain Tumors! Brain Tumors used to be rare. Several of the rats in the original study formed brain tumors during their Aspartame/Nutrasweet exposure. The researchers surgically removed the tumors and returned the rats to the study and discounted the tumors.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #9
RS Veteran

i stay away from all artificial sugars. i don't know about you guys, but i had no idea there were so many different types: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_substitute (scroll to bottom.. "artificial sugar substitutes" section.)

i use an unsweetened unflavoured protein powder now... and just flavour it myself. the only sweetener i feel comfortable using is stevia.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
Is Diet Coke bad for you?

14:08 JST » Health and Medicine

Aspartame is poison!

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet is not very sweet in itself, that may be why Equal puts Dextrose (sugar) and maltodextrin as the first ingredients, so that it tastes sweet.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet is a brain drug that stimulates your brain so you think that the food you're eating tastes sweet. If you pay attention you'll notice that when using Aspartame/Nutrasweet, everything you eat at the same time also tastes sweet! This may be why Aspartame/Nutrasweet causes you to crave carbohydrates. Hence, you won't lose weight using it.
BTW, cyclamates got pulled off the market in the 70's in the US (but not Canada or the rest of the world) because the sugar industry saw too much of their market disappear.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees! Therefore you should never use Aspartame/Nutrasweet in hot beverages or cooked foods such as Jello. How the FDA allows this remains a mystery. There is mounting evidence that the "Burning Mouth Syndrome" experienced by the Desert Storm troops was actually Methanol poisoning from the Diet Coke they drank lots of, after being exposed to desert temperatures.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 10% Methanol appears in the body quickly and is the same alcohol (wood alcohol also in lacquer thinner), that your mother correctly warned you could make you blind. Many skid-row alcoholics had major problems with this cheap but deadly form of alcohol.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 40% Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet triggers Migraine Headaches This even happened to me!. The Usenet is filled with posts by people who have pinned their migraines down to aspartame/Nutrasweet consumption.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer.
The American Bottlers Association did not want the FDA to approve Aspartame/Nutrasweet because of what the test report showed. But the FDA approved it anyway!
* Airline pilots stay away from Aspartame/Nutrasweet because they are well aware of the documented dangers.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet also breaks down to diketopiperazine [DKP] which is proven to cause Brain Tumors! Brain Tumors used to be rare. Several of the rats in the original study formed brain tumors during their Aspartame/Nutrasweet exposure. The researchers surgically removed the tumors and returned the rats to the study and discounted the tumors.
You want to quote some sources in some MEDICAL JOURNAL and not some article from www.tinfoilhat.com

Let me guess... you think vaccination causes Autism and 9/11 is an inside job.

Last edited by stylez2k4; 09-15-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien Sex Video View Post
i stay away from all artificial sugars. i don't know about you guys, but i had no idea there were so many different types: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_substitute (scroll to bottom.. "artificial sugar substitutes" section

i use an unsweetened unflavoured protein powder now... and just flavour it myself. the only sweetener i feel comfortable using is stevia.
Xylitol > Stevia
Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #12

Quote:
You want to quote some sources in some MEDICAL JOURNAL and not some article from www.tinfoilhat.com

Let me guess... you think vaccination causes Autism and 9/11 is an inside job.

touché

but I will say I couldn't figure out why I kept getting such intense headaches. I stopped drinking diet pop and the headaches are gone. Again not any medical proof but just what happened to me.

Last edited by ws6ta; 09-15-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #13
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
What kind of diet pop? Diet coke?
Posted via RS Mobile
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
What kind of diet pop? Diet coke?
Posted via RS Mobile
coke zero = guaranteed headache (for me)

no one else I personally know even has this problem. I don't drink pop very much anyways I just thought would be a nice change from water while dieting since juice/regular pop has too much sugar.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #15
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Oh, really? I get headaches drom diet coke/diet pepsi but coke zero doesn't seem to give me them. Weird.
Posted via RS Mobile
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #16
RS Veteran

Quote:
Xylitol > Stevia
stevia seems more natural to me. you could grow stevia if you wanted to. stevia has no calories too.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien Sex Video View Post
stevia seems more natural to me. you could grow stevia if you wanted to. stevia has no calories too.

How can something be more natural?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #18
RS Veteran

my perception that because it you could grow your own stevia plant, and take the leaves right off it and use them, makes it seem more natural.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #19
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Stick to lean meat
Posted via RS Mobile
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote