REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Dealing with a stalker

I'm having issues with some girl who didn't get the message after ONE DATE and has now signed me up for every single gay/dating site on the web. The passwords have been really something else (such as asshole) and she fills in fake profiles of me. I'm wondering is there anything the police can do? I'm contemplating calling the non-emergency in the next week if this continues.
Advertisement
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:18 AM   #2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Man that's rough, what'd you do to her?

Meet up with her, whip it out

If you want to take serious action the police CAN assist you, pretty sure this counts as cyber stalking
supers7n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:11 AM   #3
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I wonder if it would count as cyber-bullying too? That's kinda sad if she flips out like this after one date.
Posted via RS Mobile
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

must of been a horrible date
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

There is something called criminal harassment however the behaviour must constitute being repeatedly followed around or harassed. In that case, what you'd need to do is continually document dates, times and behaviors, and you basically have your own due dilligence to not initiate contact with the subject, not answer phone calls or reply to texts/emails etc. Anything done on the internet is very hard to prove, so that won't really count.... If her harassment keeps up you could phone the non emerg line and depending on the call-taker or officer you speak with, they may or may not speak with the subject.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
I'm having issues with some girl who didn't get the message after ONE DATE and has now signed me up for every single gay/dating site on the web. The passwords have been really something else (such as asshole) and she fills in fake profiles of me. I'm wondering is there anything the police can do? I'm contemplating calling the non-emergency in the next week if this continues.
Short answer: not much.

My friend's hotmail was hacked by her ex-bf and the police were of little help since the effort to get IPs from sites and track down users is difficult and not really worth it unless it escalates into actual physical or financial problems.

Lesson learned, use a different email for online dating and block their access to your Facebook info.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^ Half of the readers (myself included) are wondering what happened on this date you speak of. I've had some horrible ones before, but never had a chick flip out like that?

To answer your question.. I was going to say.. who gives a crap? Unless you do use online dating sites, in which case it WOULD cause a problem to your rep. Then you may want to talk to the site admins, prove your identity etc.. and maybe they can do something, way faster than going through the cops.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
fight fire with fire

sign her up to every dating site, put her real number in, her email, her work number so they can contact her at work....

she'll figure it out reaaaaaal quick and either take it to the next level....or stop hahaha
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSouL View Post
so what happened on the date?
turb0fr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #10
User Number 7

You're pretty much SOL.

There is no way to prove that it's her doing it.. if they are not in Canada(the sites being signed up).. they can say no to providing the IP to trace it... even then it only traces to a computer in the household.. or cafe.. or library.. most likely not going to utilize the resources to ID the person doing it as there is already a year long waiting list for computers to be analyzed. Best you can hope for is a phone call to her to ask her to stop...

Or maybe you just avoid pissing someone off so much from one date to have a life long nemesis
Volitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:18 AM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

post a car for sale of Craigsliist. Make it so it will be a pretty good deal. Put her number on it, then note that interested parties should call during the hours of IE: 2am-6am because of night shifts (or whatever time she'd sleep).
Also, if u know the addess, put it on there as well to say that drop by viewings are welcome.

Do this from an anonymous computer, of course. Just to cover your ass.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #12
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSouL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
^ Half of the readers (myself included) are wondering what happened on this date you speak of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turb0fr3ak View Post
so what happened on the date?

Come on dude, you've been on RS long enough to know, you don't post a story like this without pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote