REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

S2000 top replacement

Im gonna be buying an s2000 in a few days but the current soft top has a hole on the side. The seller is including a new top and I need to find another shop to do the install. Ive checked the diy and I don't have the time or patience to pull it off. I've estimated the cost Honda would do it for and its over the 1k range. Does anyone know a shop that could do this for fraction of the cost?

Thanks in advance!
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
I'll be good I promise.

Thanked 1,551 Times in 329 Posts
With 1k you can buy a hard top, looks better on S2K IMO.
Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Good luck in buying a used hardtop for that price. Most used OEM tops are selling for $1800 or more. They are $4000 new from Honda Cananda and HTG isn't that much cheaper.

OP, you are paying someone 10 hours to do the top install for you. Shop rate is minimum $60 an hour, so you do the math.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

I did the math but 60 is not hondas shop rate. More like 100-140. Anyway I found asc and they quoted $500 so I made an appt.

Personally I like the soft tops better than hard tops.
Posted via RS Mobile
600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Being a s2000 owner, I prefer a soft top for daily driving. It really defeats the purpose of having a convertible.
If you often do track days, a hardtop would be very nice!
truong is offline   Reply With Quote