REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Automotive Chat

Island Automotive Chat Victoria to Port Hardy and everything in between
For all your island car related talk.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 22
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Anyone at uvic?

hey does anyone on here go to uvic? im new to the school any good car shops around and a good place to wash my car? the construction everywhere sucks!!!!
Advertisement
delsol84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Douchebag Lover
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Island.
Posts: 939
Thanked 66 Times in 19 Posts
You drive a del sol? Auto FX isn't bad, but they're pricey. Honestly, I'd wash it at one of the few wand wash places around town - the drive thru was at the ESSO on shelbourne/mackenzie isn't bad.


Edit - I'm at UVIC.
Dentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
B&S Sexy mod
 
stevo911_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Victoria
Posts: 7,522
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
there was actually a thread about carwash locations about a year and a half ago (so things may have changed since then) : http://www.revscene.net/forums/f-all...light=car+wash
I'm not at uvic though
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 22
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
i went to that esso.... u cant really get a detailed wash like you can with a cloth, soap and hose.... so my car is somewhat cleaner but theres spots of dirt everywhere. i tihnk im gonna try to knock on some houses and ask if i can use their hose hahah. what car do u drive dentz? what year are u in?
delsol84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
oldsnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Victoria
Posts: 3,950
Thanked 201 Times in 101 Posts
uvic changed alot since i last went there.. (feel old now)
alot of new buildings and alot of rabbits.
oldsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
B&S Sexy mod
 
stevo911_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Victoria
Posts: 7,522
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnail View Post
uvic changed alot since i last went there.. (feel old now)
alot of new buildings and alot of rabbits.
its been in a perma-state of construction since 2005 or so, and as far as the rabbits go, not for much longer!
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: internet
Posts: 26
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
I not a student but I'm part of this never-ending construction - I manage the night crew currently over at the Elliot Building... Well up until the 14th at least.

As far as shops go, I've heard a lot of good things about Auto FX but yeah, I also hear it's pricey too. You will probably hear the shop Zen Sport mentioned from many people around town... It's closed down now but the original owner Chris is in the process of opening up a new place called 51-50. There's a lot of controversy between loyal Auto FX customers and Chris's customer base. If you're looking for the best you may want to concider taking a trip over to Vancouver as they have 3-4 highend shops that really know their stuff and have the best equipment.

Don't use the car wash over at Esso on Shelborne and Mckenzie - It's had problems for years! My buddy used to work there and he told me the arm on the soap applicator / sprayer has snapped off twice causing dammage to vehicles. It also doesn't spray proper amounts of soap when you go for the full luxory wash, sometimes it's plugged up and squirts only half the amount it should... My last car which I babied used to always need a proper wiping off by hand afterwards to even look like a half decent job. The one over at quadra and mckenzie has a brand spankin' new setup and works quite well... never as good as by hand of course! If you live close to downtown checkout the crappy little gas station by the Bay street bridge.. They have the washing wands, I can usually get the job done for 2 bucks! You just have to be really efficient! lol bring a buddy and get him to use the soap brush while you spray down the soap/wax

Sticklers is one of the best detailing shops in town but I heard a couple days ago from a buddy that they have closed down :S

Hope this helps!
spicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
JesseVic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: victoria
Posts: 873
Thanked 28 Times in 5 Posts
Just drive around the back of any appartment building in Victoria and use their hose. I have liked in 3 or 4 buildings and all of them have had places to wash cars that would have no idea if you lived there or not.
JesseVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #9
Douchebag Lover
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Island.
Posts: 939
Thanked 66 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsol84 View Post
i went to that esso.... u cant really get a detailed wash like you can with a cloth, soap and hose.... so my car is somewhat cleaner but theres spots of dirt everywhere. i tihnk im gonna try to knock on some houses and ask if i can use their hose hahah. what car do u drive dentz? what year are u in?
I've got two cars, a 300ZX and my $300 MK2 Jetta. I don't drive the Z during the school year, but if you see a black MK2 Jetta with no exhaust and no door handles, that's definitely me!

As for the washes, I was the Z at home, but I couldn't be bothered to spend time on the Jetta - usually go to a wand wash, or drive-thru.

Edit - I'm a 4th/5th year Poli Sci student. You?
Dentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #10
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
blackgxp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Victoria
Posts: 46
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wand wash only! and I use my own soft cloth to soap the car. (the brush will screw any black colored car up). best touchless carwash tho: shell on yates&fort. if your car is not lowered, should try co-op on gorge (they wash your car by hand).

not uvic. camosun
blackgxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 22
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
im first year science. ill try doing behind apartment buildings that sounds like it will work as soon as i get my car insured again. i used to live in vancouver so yeah ill be going there for car parts if needed but im broke school is expensive
delsol84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 22
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
I not a student but I'm part of this never-ending construction - I manage the night crew currently over at the Elliot Building... Well up until the 14th at least.

As far as shops go, I've heard a lot of good things about Auto FX but yeah, I also hear it's pricey too. You will probably hear the shop Zen Sport mentioned from many people around town... It's closed down now but the original owner Chris is in the process of opening up a new place called 51-50. There's a lot of controversy between loyal Auto FX customers and Chris's customer base. If you're looking for the best you may want to concider taking a trip over to Vancouver as they have 3-4 highend shops that really know their stuff and have the best equipment.

Don't use the car wash over at Esso on Shelborne and Mckenzie - It's had problems for years! My buddy used to work there and he told me the arm on the soap applicator / sprayer has snapped off twice causing dammage to vehicles. It also doesn't spray proper amounts of soap when you go for the full luxory wash, sometimes it's plugged up and squirts only half the amount it should... My last car which I babied used to always need a proper wiping off by hand afterwards to even look like a half decent job. The one over at quadra and mckenzie has a brand spankin' new setup and works quite well... never as good as by hand of course! If you live close to downtown checkout the crappy little gas station by the Bay street bridge.. They have the washing wands, I can usually get the job done for 2 bucks! You just have to be really efficient! lol bring a buddy and get him to use the soap brush while you spray down the soap/wax

Sticklers is one of the best detailing shops in town but I heard a couple days ago from a buddy that they have closed down :S

Hope this helps!
your a manager for the construction site??? im in need of a part time job if you ever need a help let me know. i need some cash to insure my car and feed myself.
delsol84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net