REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #26
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The two that I'm looking at the most are

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...944263890.html

and

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...940051740.html

As far as price I'd be aiming to keep it below whatever I could sell my Celica for, so that I'd have a little cash left over to do some maintenance and maybe a couple mods (namely, new suspension).

edit: also, does anyone know what lip this is?

Some quick answers

The lip is a Feed Lip. Back in my haydays of owning a FC3S I had them copied and manufactured in town. Not sure how many of them are lying around...

Start with a S5 Turbo especially if you can find a good condition one. S5 comes with the rear circle headlights, fog lights, side mirrors...

A rebuilt means nothing especially when not maintained or driven well from the previous owner.

Expect 2x the cost of the car for initial maintenance. Aka - Engine overhall/rebuild, radiator, DTS bushings, Interior electronics, gaskets....

The GX GXL TII all carried different sets of shocks. No point factoring this as a buying decision.. By now the the seals in the shocks have been blown..
Advertisement
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Thanks for the info on the lip, I'll definitely be looking for one if I pick up an FC.

I'd rather not go turbo, although if the N/A's require rebuilding about as frequently anyways, I might go for the extra power (if I could find one lol). My other thought was to do an SR swap a bit down the line.

So if I'm looking at ~2000 for the car, it's likely gonna need about 4000 put into it for a rebuild, some fresh supporting parts and new suspension and whatnot? Damn, that'd put me way past my budget.

Regardless of whether I get one right now or not, I'd like to own one of these cars. If not now, then get one as a DD while I build up an Alltrac (future plan).
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #28
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
go talk to Miguelle at Richmond Lordco all about FCs he rocks one and preaches it like bible - although it's been in the shop and out more often than I can recall hahaha. Good idea to talk to him if you intend to DD one of these and hear what he has to say about owning one IRL instead of listening to words from keyboard warriors who never had one.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
I'll try and swing by there when I'm in town, thanks. What kind of setup has he got? As this'll be my DD/only car it has to be pretty reliable
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #30
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
he swapped an S4 turbo engine in it and got some standalone going I forgot what....swapped a turbo made some 450bhp out of it then the turbo went....now back to the stock turbo waiting for the big turbo to get replaced under warranty....dunno what is the most up to date status now.

yeah if he's working he'd have a red FC with CF hood parked up front.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote