REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

When girls or guys say they only date a certain race

I'm sure I am not the only one to get pissed off.
Also, I know its usually just a matter of personal preference people have and there's no intended malice or xenophobia intended

reason being is I'm on a relationship hunt and I have come across too many personals ads stating girls will only date so & so race.
Been trying POF, EHARMONY, CRISLIST

Please don't ask my nationality.
Just another hurtle I have to jump to find a compatible mate. money, looks, personality, nice body. all the hot girls want it all

Psb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
That's called cutting to the chase. If they ain't looking for your nationality then you don't waste your time, and they don't get there's wasted. Just keep moving until a slab of meat conforms to your specifications, and then you can leave the market with less fuss. That being said, I'm glad that a lot of guys have yellow fever. It leaves all the non-asian girls unattended

EDIT: BTW, this subject has been brought up a few times, already:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/girls...d-t557745.html
Old 09-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
How I Mod your mother

Havent you ever heard that expression that it will come when you least expect it?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Physical attraction is key in a relationship. Why bother with a girl who doesn't want to date you because you're not black, white, asian etc. It's pointless.

That said, I fall under this category as I have a hard time finding people of some races attractive, so I tend to stick with what I know I'm attracted to.
Posted via RS Mobile
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

OP: Of course hot girls want it all. If they're hot, they're saught after and expect lots of return. Ask yourself this: Does a new R8 cost more or less than a new corolla? Of course you gotta empty your pockets for the R8 due to their rarity and they're more saught after. It all depends on how much you want to drop and the level of hotness you can afford.

If girls aren't into you or the enthic background take it as a sign that you should look elsewhere. People brought up from two different societies will more than likely disagree on more serious issues. Trust me, I've been there.

Infact, ethnicity preferences isn't anything different from a religeous girl wanting a religeous guy. It's what the girl is comfortable with. If that said religeous girl prefers to date someone who's religeous that's not you, then what difference is that from what you're getting pissed off about girls who prefer ethnicity? The end result is that they prefer something that you're not, don't get butthurt about it and just move on.
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
You're trying to hard buddy online. It's a great place to meet people but if you want to say wow, find your wife there, it ain't going to work.

If a girl is set dating a white dude, or brown or within their race, just move on. It is sad that physical attraction is everything. If your personality is a good as your E-cock, then you just have to wait. There are people who are in their late 20, able to hold up a decent conversation and are a great catch, but without having a girl meeting the guy in person, the girl would brush them off online. (which is sad and it's just the way life is).

If you're on POF, and if you want to hit on another race, not only do you have to be good looking and the girl to be physically attracted to you, but you better have a freaking close to superman / batman profile.

As for CL, good freaking luck on that, no profiles, no pics and you're responding to ads, your come back on the email better be anything less than Epic to even get a response.

Let me give you some stats: The chicks on POF get about 10-20 messages, out of the 20, 18 are creeps and showing the girls cocks and wants to flirt for a one night stand. So yeah, girls are there ALL the time to filter through. On the same spectrum, cute girl sends emails out to the dudes and they all get no responses. It's just life.

As for CL, it's worse, my friend posted looking for a fling and bam, she got 250 emails a day.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post

There are people who are in their late 20, able to hold up a decent conversation and are a great catch, but without having a girl meeting the guy in person, the girl would brush them off online. (which is sad and it's just the way life is).
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Online dating is like a double-edged sword: it's made dating easier, but with that ease, comes higher expectations. The thing about online dating is that it has distorted the perception of the market - by seeing a guy who meets your shopping list of requirements, you actually think it's easier to get this person than it really is. Moreover, if a woman decides to end relations with a guy, she is easily convinced that she can find someone better by going back online. However, the one thing the online world can't change is the limited supply of so-called desirable guys.

Women can be on PoF, Lavalife, etc. for years and not get what they want. The really picky ones end up fighting for a smaller and smaller pool of desirable guys as they get older.

Last edited by Tapioca; 09-28-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
Not a mod

JOE_45 Welcome back!
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I'm a woman that wants a Chinese guy (Canto or Taiwanese) but that's just because I'm a lot more comfortable around someone with a very similar upbringing and I think it helps immensely when it comes to compatibility. That isn't to say that if I ever meet, say, a white guy that has a great personality and similar upbringing to a Chinese guy that I wouldn't date him.

I know you're probably frustrated from not meeting anyone irl but you can't expect too much when you're looking for someone online.

I tried that once and I guess I really fluked out and found an amazing guy. Too bad that couldn't work out in the end, but, even with my previous luck, I wouldn't try online dating again. The chances of you finding someone that if you had first met in person, you would chat up and totally click is just too unlikely.
unperfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:27 AM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
That's called cutting to the chase. If they ain't looking for your nationality then you don't waste your time, and they don't get there's wasted. Just keep moving until a slab of meat conforms to your specifications, and then you can leave the market with less fuss. That being said, I'm glad that a lot of guys have yellow fever. It leaves all the non-asian girls unattended

EDIT: BTW, this subject has been brought up a few times, already:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/girls...d-t557745.html
It's also close minded in some respects.
Just trying to point out this seems like a reoccurring trend but what would I know since I prefer dating online as I more comfortable facebooking or emailing and taking it slow.

The comment about girls having yellow fever is crap. I'm attracted more to non-asian girls but they are the ones that usually don't give me the time of day.I didn't know this topic was brought up but now that I do, it just lets me know that I'm not the only one who's experiencing this problem.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 AM   #11
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
He was said guys have yellow fever, not girls.
Posted via RS Mobile
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post

Women can be on PoF, Lavalife, etc. for years and not get what they want. The really picky ones end up fighting for a smaller and smaller pool of desirable guys as they get older.
When these girls getting to their late 20s, they realize they can't go and keep dating the white guys they wanted to date. Yes their Asian looks are still the same (thanks to Asian genes) but after a good 3-5 years of dating, there are some family / cultural values that are just not there. So, the go back into the pool of opening up to Asian guys and load and behold, they just 'wasted' a few years of their lives testing out the waters.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
When these girls getting to their late 20s, they realize they can't go and keep dating the white guys they wanted to date. Yes their Asian looks are still the same (thanks to Asian genes) but after a good 3-5 years of dating, there are some family / cultural values that are just not there. So, the go back into the pool of opening up to Asian guys and load and behold, they just 'wasted' a few years of their lives testing out the waters.
Many end up marrying these guys (Facebook is actually a pretty good measure of this.)

To the OP: I would recommend getting "offline" for a while and try going to events where you can actually meet women in person. There are a couple of well-known local networking groups on Facebook/Meetup that cater to young professionals in the 25-35 range. I've been to these groups myself and while you're not guaranteed anything, most women will at least talk to you for a bit under the guise of "networking". Just prepare yourself by bringing a small set of business cards and by keeping in mind a few interesting parts of your job. You can PM me for details if you want to know more.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #14
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
He was said guys have yellow fever, not girls.
Posted via RS Mobile
AFAIK, yellow fever only applies to the guys. Psb is somewhat on track in regards to non-asian girls shunning asian guys, especially with online dating. Girls say they want a nice guy with a personality, but the first thing they gravitate towards online are the looks. Which is why you should forget PoF or CL.

I've talked to some people who have had good success with eHarmony, as their system of matching people up seems quite detailed. One of my friends met his wife-to-be there.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #15
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
: Psb is somewhat on track in regards to non-asian girls shunning asian guys, especially with online dating. Girls say they want a nice guy with a personality, but the first thing they gravitate towards online are the looks. Which is why you should forget PoF or CL.
Exactly. The reason I prefer PoF or CL is because they seem to be more down to earth at least from their profiles and pics.
A lot of it also has to do with the fact I lack confidence too.
I'm one of those kinds of guys that likes to build a relationship slow and actually get to know a girl.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #16

PSB1, if u lack confidence, you SHOULD NOT BE GOING ON CL and POF.

build up yourself with your confidence first:
eg// what you're freaking good at
-how to maintain a conversation
-get a hobby so you have someone to talk about
-check out a few restaurants so you know where to take girls out for dinner
-know a few of the good joints to go to in downtown eg// clubs, dine out places, places to go etc...
-countries you have been to that is remotely interesting...

if you do NOT even have the things on top listed down pat and if you're not WHITE... GOOD FOOKING LUCK.... cause you know you'll have to go thru guys like me before they go to you.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
PSB1, if u lack confidence, you SHOULD NOT BE GOING ON CL and POF.

build up yourself with your confidence first:
eg// what you're freaking good at
-how to maintain a conversation
-get a hobby so you have someone to talk about
-check out a few restaurants so you know where to take girls out for dinner
-know a few of the good joints to go to in downtown eg// clubs, dine out places, places to go etc...
-countries you have been to that is remotely interesting...

if you do NOT even have the things on top listed down pat and if you're not WHITE... GOOD FOOKING LUCK.... cause you know you'll have to go thru guys like me before they go to you.
good sugggestions but my biggest problem is i haven't networked enough.
the only thing i will avoid at all cost is hard rejections because i just get panicy to an extent similar to panic attack.
i find the girl next door types im compatible the most with
Old 10-26-2010, 02:24 AM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

I'd be so inclined to say that 90%+ of all girls that say they are only interested in the same race are only saying that because of the parents.

the other 10% are either racists, gay, or think you smell or something.

For a long time I wouldn't ever think of dating a Black or Asian girl because of having an old school father... but when he and I both agreed that Hally Berry was hot. The walls came down.
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 AM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS

^ hahahaha thats some good father son bonding moment right there
Posted via RS Mobile
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote