REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS
penner2k's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Delta
Posts: 15,911
Thanked 765 Times in 228 Posts
Reseller License

So me and a friend of mine are starting up a business soon. I've been contacting wholesalers in the states for product information but all of them are asking about a reseller license. I've been searching all over but cant seem to find anything about getting a reseller license in Canada.
I'm hoping someone knows what this is and either how to obtain it or what I can give them instead.
The harder I lift and the more I eat, the better my genetics seem to get.
penner2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
urban.boi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond,BC
Posts: 303
Thanked 32 Times in 22 Posts
This is a simple solution. There are two ways to get a "resellers certificate" if you are a Canadian. The wholesaler only wants to ensure you are in fact a business, and not an individual. So, if you have registered with the Government of Canada; you will have a business number aligned to you. This is all that would be required from your supplier. Your GST Number would also suffice. If you have not registered with the Government, you can do so online through their website; either as an individual (sole proprietor) or as a corporation.
urban.boi is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc. cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of