REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
I don't get it

Saw some cops order a drink?

A couple of weeks ago I was at the Joeys Restaraunt in Downtown with a couple of friends. It was around 7 or 8pm and I saw a couple of cops casually having a late dinner together (probably on there lunch break). I don't no if they were on duty but I did see there police cruisers outside and they were fully dressed in there police uniforms so I assumed that they were on duty. Not a 100% sure though. Anyways, after we finished our meals I noticed that they ordered a pitcher of beer? Now I'm not say that cops aren't allowed to drink ... but Im pretty sure there not allowed to when on duty? I was just a little shocked at that ... it wasn't just a glass it was a pitcher between 3 cops. I couldnt believe it and was left speechless.
Advertisement
ali36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali36 View Post
I couldnt believe it and was left speechless.
Apparently not
Old 09-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
Apparently not
Well at the time I was LOL. What scares me is that they were probably ON duty. How would you be able to tackle a dangerous situation partially buzzed.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
probably end of their shift. had another driver with them.

I like to think cops don't drink and drive, or even be on duty.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
probably end of their shift. had another driver with them.

I like to think cops don't drink and drive, or even be on duty.
Hmm that could be it. But all three of them were drinking and I only saw two cop cars outside. I might be mistaken though as the cop cars outside may not have been theirs and maybe owned by another cop.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
If there was ever a case to bring in FAILS to the police forum, this is it.
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If there was ever a case to bring in FAILS to the police forum, this is it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Well, he's got some valid point.

Cops shouldn't be out drinking in uniform. They can do whatever they wish off duty, but leave the uniform behind.

Mainly for the reason of what type of image it portrays to the public. It got one random guy questioning it on a board, I'm sure a few other people at that restaurant noticed it too.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:09 AM   #8
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
"Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only."

Since you ignored the first part of what this forum is supposed to be about (english 101: adding question marks to your statements doesn't actually make any of them questions), I'm inclined to ignore the second part. It's not that hard to go into your local police branch and bring up any incident that you have concerns about it. Unless of course you're wanted by the authorities. I really hope you're wanted by the authorities, that would add a delicious twist to this. Maybe the reason why you've posted so little in the last 2 years here is that you've been in jail, simmering with anti-establishment sentiments waiting to get out of prison so that you could share how horrifically unprofessional police officers that you have seen are. I don't know. Anyways, spelling, grammar and punctuation obviously aren't your strong point, but apparently neither is arithmetic. You point out so incredulously that the three of them didn't just have a glass of beer, but you completely fail to realize that a pitcher of beer is normally just under 4 pints. Which divided by three is almost, wait for it, 3 glasses of beer. Now here's where the story gets even juicier. You admit in your second post that it's possible that the cop cars outside may not have been theirs (also, cops don't own their cruisers, but that's beside the point). I'm thinking perhaps that they were not actually cops, but firemen. Or rather, strippers who pretend to be both cops or firemen. Possible picture below. Anyways your story was stupid, if there was something wrong maybe you should have done/do something about it. Otherwise you're as much of the problem as any police officers who may have been negligent in their duties.

Berz, I mean, 4am angry rant out.
Attached Images
File Type: png stripper_cop.png (217.7 KB, 0 views)
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:33 AM   #9
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
OP just because you get all red faced and tipsy after a sip of strawberry daquiri, doesn't mean some grown men can't have a glass of beer and stay under the limit. It's not 'unprofessional' to drink a beer. Unless your profression is a nun or something.
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2010, 01:06 AM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
OP just because you get all red faced and tipsy after a sip of strawberry daquiri, doesn't mean some grown men can't have a glass of beer and stay under the limit. It's not 'unprofessional' to drink a beer. Unless your profression is a nun or something.
Posted via RS Mobile
Agreed, a pitcher of beer isnt that much split between 3 people.. 1 pitcher is probably like 7-8 cups.. 2-3 cups per person.. Unless they really cant hold there liquor it wont even make them tipsy
(note these cups arent big..)
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #11
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
They don't need to be a tipsy to blow over .05.

Will the police car get impounded if the cop blows a warn?
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
Agreed, a pitcher of beer isnt that much split between 3 people.. 1 pitcher is probably like 7-8 cups.. 2-3 cups per person.. Unless they really cant hold there liquor it wont even make them tipsy
(note these cups arent big..)
IF and only IF they drove after, what is the point of all the "one drink is all it takes" commercial then?

I predict that 0.05 doesnt take much alcohol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #13
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Actually, consuming alcohol while on duty is a breach of the RCMP Code of Conduct. In fact officers are not expected to consume alcohol off duty in such a fashion whereby they would be impaired when on duty. To complete the strict expectations, unless it is required in the course of their duties, officers are not permitted to enter a licensed establishment (with the primary purpose of serving alcohol) while in uniform.

Reference the RCMP Police Regulations 1988 S.51 - 53

Interestingly, it doesn't directly answer the question as to whether alcohol can be consumed while off duty, in uniform, in a licensed restaurant (primary purpose not to serve alcohol as in a bar/pub).

That said, a quickly poured pitcher of Iced Tea can look an awfully lot like beer. You even get a small "head/froth" on the top and the look is very similar to a good lager.

Last edited by Bainne; 09-28-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Bainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I've never heard, seen, or experienced ordering iced tea in a pitcher in a restaurant like Joey's
mkchoi0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #15
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I like how people come in here and bash people when they say something even remotely negative about the police

should we not be allow to questions those who are suppose to be keeping order.

I like how everyone is saying "ohh noess 1 beer each isnt gonna do much" considering those new drinking laws just passed I got to say thats pretty unacceptable that the police who are going to be enforcing this law are not following it if they did drive afterwards considering I'm sure they wouldnt check themselves before driving.

I would say next time instead of asking the assholes that are on this board (not saying everyone is) you should just call in the non emergency line and ask someone that would actually know.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #16
I subscribe to Revscene

IIRC pilots can't consume any alcohol within 8 hrs of flying, I can't imagine having a couple of beer and aiming a gun accurately.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #17

Also, it doesnt matter if they are going to drive or not. if they are in care and control of a cruiser, they should be arrested.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #18
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
"Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only."

Since you ignored the first part of what this forum is supposed to be about (english 101: adding question marks to your statements doesn't actually make any of them questions), I'm inclined to ignore the second part. It's not that hard to go into your local police branch and bring up any incident that you have concerns about it. Unless of course you're wanted by the authorities. I really hope you're wanted by the authorities, that would add a delicious twist to this. Maybe the reason why you've posted so little in the last 2 years here is that you've been in jail, simmering with anti-establishment sentiments waiting to get out of prison so that you could share how horrifically unprofessional police officers that you have seen are. I don't know. Anyways, spelling, grammar and punctuation obviously aren't your strong point, but apparently neither is arithmetic. You point out so incredulously that the three of them didn't just have a glass of beer, but you completely fail to realize that a pitcher of beer is normally just under 4 pints. Which divided by three is almost, wait for it, 3 glasses of beer. Now here's where the story gets even juicier. You admit in your second post that it's possible that the cop cars outside may not have been theirs (also, cops don't own their cruisers, but that's beside the point). I'm thinking perhaps that they were not actually cops, but firemen. Or rather, strippers who pretend to be both cops or firemen. Possible picture below. Anyways your story was stupid, if there was something wrong maybe you should have done/do something about it. Otherwise you're as much of the problem as any police officers who may have been negligent in their duties.

Berz, I mean, 4am angry rant out.
? Ok if you have a problem with this thread by all means do something about it. Get it towed or closed instead of writing a paragraph that know one is going to read after the first sentence.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #19
Retired Traffic Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Well, he's got some valid point.

Cops shouldn't be out drinking in uniform. They can do whatever they wish off duty, but leave the uniform behind.

Mainly for the reason of what type of image it portrays to the public.
Exactly. In fact, it is a good enough reason to call the non-emergency number and complain on the spot.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #20
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

It's completely unprofessional.
The police are not only there to enforce and protect, but they have an image to uphold within the public's eye.

It would be difficult to take them seriously after seeing that. It's the impression. It may very well be Iced tea in that pitcher (Although I doubt it) but the image they casted, and is interpretted by the general public are going to be "3 cops getting drunk and not giving a $hit because they can".

People generally assume and jump to conclusions. Everyone does it. And that general distrust will spread just by association.

As an officer, it should be their DUTY to make sure that they minimize that kind of bad imagery.
The police have to enforce the law, protect the public, but be scrutinized and chastised while they do that.
Drinking in public must be one of the DUMBEST things to do.

The first image in my head when I read the OP's post was "drinking cops. Guy tazed to death at airport. link 2 images together". See how easy that is? The police already have a bad rep in the lower mainland.

And on a side note, I've seen it before as well. It seriously pisses me off.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #21
RS Peace Officer

If you do see this in the future you should definitely call and report it as it is unacceptable behaviour for a police officer in uniform. No on-duty police officer, either uniformed or plain clothes, should be consuming any amount of alcohol for any reason. Not only does it look bad to the public, but even a small amount of alcohol can have an effect on your judgement.

I can't imagine any on-duty police officers being dumb enough to think it would be okay to order a pitcher of beer in a very public place and am hoping that it was some kind of liquid that just looked like beer.
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #22
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 4,079 Times in 295 Posts
If this was around 7 or 8 Pm, isnt change over between 6-7pm? So chances are these were police officers that had just finished a shift???
socialenemy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:33 AM   #23

At the end of shift, we head back to the office to change, submit paperwork accumulated while on the road, etc. The following shift will need the cars. I've yet to meet anyone who will stay out past the end of their shift, carrying all our gear "for free", in order to go for dinner. We like to go back, drop off our stuff and get a lot more comfortable in our civilian clothes.

Anyone seeing this kind of behaviour should report it and/or confront the officers. We are accountable to the public and are supposed to be leading by example.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:47 AM   #24
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Wow, Eugene's rant hurt my head (note to Eugene: before ragging on someone else's use of English, check your own - there are these things called PARAGRAPHS).

There is a nugget of truth in there though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Now here's where the story gets even juicier. You admit in your second post that it's possible that the cop cars outside may not have been theirs (also, cops don't own their cruisers, but that's beside the point). I'm thinking perhaps that they were not actually cops, but firemen. Or rather, strippers who pretend to be both cops or firemen.
...or security guards, or just about anyone else in a cop-like uniform.

OP fails miserably at
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:16 AM   #25
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkchoi0801 View Post
I've never heard, seen, or experienced ordering iced tea in a pitcher in a restaurant like Joey's
I have seen this done at lots of restaurants. I don't know if Joey's does it or not, but lots of times in a group, if everyone ordered Ice Tea, they just give the pitcher so they don't have to keep refilling everyone's glass constantly; they just refill a pitcher. It's very possible it was just ice tea.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote