REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,942 Times in 635 Posts
Q about parking in residential areas in RMD

What is (or is there even) a time limit for a car to be parked in a residential area and remain unmoved for? I know you aren't allowed to park an uninsured car on public property (a neighbor called by-laws on me, 45 dollar ticket but yes I made the mistake), but this car is insured.

Normally I wouldn't give a shit, but this guy parked his big ass SUV in front of my house for about 12 days and it hasn't been moved since. I wouldn't mind if it was parked properly, but he is parked right in the middle of the curb between my driveway and my neighbors. Usually 3 cars can fit in this spot just fine, but now only 1 more car can be parked there without blocking someones driveway.

Yes I know I do not "own" the spot in front of my house, but on a somewhat related note, my neighbor rang my doorbell and asked me about a car parked in her usual spot in front of her house, so that sort of initiated this qualm I have.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

Its been a while since I've given out a bylaw ticket for that... but I believe its 48hrs? You can check online or give Richmond City Bylaws a call during the daytime.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
I bringith the lowerballerith

Found it for you because I'm waiting to switch over my laundry before going to bed....

http://www.richmond.ca/__shared/asse...2081025277.pdf

Section 12.4(d) states:

Quote:
12.4 No person shall park a vehicle:
(a) in or on any lane with the exception of commercial vehicles engaged in
loading or unloading of materials for a period of time not to exceed 30
minutes;
(b) on a roadway when it is practicable to park the vehicle off the roadway;
(c) at a place in contravention of a traffic control device prohibiting parking;
(d) at any one place on any street for a period longer than 48 consecutive
hours
Section 12.4A states:

Quote:
A person must not move a vehicle from one location to another in the same block in order to avoid the posted time limit for parking.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #4

Cool, thanks man.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Not sure if this applies in Richmond but in Vancouver if the car is registered to the block you live on you're SOL even if it's over 48h or 3h between 8am-6pm.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #6

^ yeah the car is gone, apparently they drove here from victoria and then took their relatives car and drove all the way to california and back.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Too bad, you could have done what a friend of mine posted on her FB status:

Quote:
So some asshole decided to park in front of my house, taking up both of the spots. I decided that the best response to this would be to cut a Swastika out of an N sign and stick it on the back of his car... Gosh, I love arts and crafts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote