REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Hyundai Equus vs. Bentley Mulsanne (https://www.revscene.net/forums/627014-hyundai-equus-vs-bentley-mulsanne.html)

dogeatcookie 10-08-2010 04:14 AM

Hyundai Equus vs. Bentley Mulsanne

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-08-2010 07:21 AM

no comparison

besides the way hyundai marks up their cars is retarded, its NOT CHEAP. so for the money? who the fuck wonna buy that, did i mention its fugly?

PS just did a quick google

starting $$57g USD

pff for that money M45/E class/5 series/GS430 is a much better buy, you actually get your money worth buying those brands instead a $80g hyundai

sonick 10-08-2010 07:27 AM

Damn I want one of those ashtrays for myself. Even though I don't smoke!

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-08-2010 07:32 AM

you can always save it for cigar or weed
:thumbsup:

DHPEM1 10-08-2010 07:44 AM

They really suck, period!

ws6ta 10-08-2010 07:48 AM

brb selling bentley for shitty ass hyundai

lowside67 10-08-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 7136159)
no comparison
starting $$57g USD

pff for that money M45/E class/5 series/GS430 is a much better buy, you actually get your money worth buying those brands instead a $80g hyundai

Err, they are not competing with a mid sized sedan, this is a full size to compete with an S class, 7 series, A8, etc. Those sedans are WAY more expensive and dont come with nearly the features that the Equus comes with. A basic 750Li starts at $120k and to get things like massaging rear seats, rear entertainment, etc will cost you $140k+...

I still wouldnt buy the Hyundai but if you are going to bash it, at least be accurate.

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-08-2010 07:52 AM

^

smart choice, do it
:thumbsup:

you will save $60 + g on the side
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

no one is gonna buy that bullshit hyundai with a shitty resale value plus the lousy brand image.

$60g STARTING and thats in USD. Fully loaded i guarantee is going to be $13-16g more++++. And in canada it'd be more like $87g fully loaded plus taxes. So you pay nearly $100g for this bullshit lol

If you can afford $100g, why not spend an extra $10-20g and get a proper real luxury S500 with options

PS:

i know they arent, but you know what? it doesnt matter. BEcause for the money people rather sacrifice a little bit for the size and get a real luxury car.

LS starts $96g i believe, fully loaded max at $140g but that also depends on the engine size

regular LS460 semi fully loaded is around $110.

If no one wants to pay $80g for an RL, what kind of crack is hyundai smoking thinking they can mark up their shitty car with a $90g price tag

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-08-2010 08:01 AM

lets be rational here

today if you are a $80-90g baller to shop for a car.

Would you say gee im $20g short so im going to refuse a real ballers car and turn down S/7/A8 series and cheap out? fuck no, not in a million years.

Would you rather spend the money on a lousy brand and not get a
BBBB MMMMM WWWWWWWWWWW? the ultimate driving machine?
$80g you can get a 545/550 or E500

Hyundai improved a lot compare to 20 years ago, same with samsung. In the 90s no one gave a fuck about samsung products

but lets not get ahead of ourselves, who does hyundai think they are that they can all of a sudden compete with the big boys.
Stick with what they do best and sell $10-25g vehicles

Vinny G 10-08-2010 08:04 AM

That sure is a lot of guess work. From 60k US to 87k CAD to "nearly" 100k to just spend 10-20k on top of that 100k and get a Benz.

So we went from 60k USD to 120k CAD?

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-08-2010 08:06 AM

LOL you obviously have no clue about car options buddy

a hyundai accent starts $10g

fully loaded is $20g

go look it up

a base 335i vs a fully loaded 335i is EASILY $10g difference

so what guess work are you talking about son
:rolleyes:

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-08-2010 08:09 AM

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience....jsp?series=ls

LS460 starts $83g, BUT just with that shell alone the tech package is $10g more, sport package is $12g on top. PLus rim option, block heater option etc
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

so if USD base price for a shitty hyundai starts $57g.
canada will mark it up to at least $65-67g STARTING.

add 12-16g option easily on top of that. and you shall have a $80g pos hyundai plus taxes

Vinny G 10-08-2010 08:22 AM

Well I guess if you think people in the market for a $70,000 - $80,000 car are also in the market for a $120,000 car, then sure, your reasoning is totally fine. (Not that I would even consider this Hyundai over any 80k car)

I suppose guesswork wasn't what I should've used ... but more, it's a stretch between what you're suggesting someone buy and what they're actually considering (if one were considering the Equus).

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-08-2010 08:26 AM

just saying USUALLY people who are shopping for a $70-80g car they want luxury correct? if they want luxury they obviously care that they are spending their money on a correct item, something thats worth it. For $80g the hyundai sure offers a decent power plant, half decent interior with options for what it is. BUT this is the real world we are talking about. When you look at a E500, tell me how you can turn down that thing and buy a Hyundai. Your grandparents'd kill you, your neighbours would laugh at you when they hear you paid $90g after taxes for a hyundai, your boss will mock you for having no image, your parents would slit throw throat for throwing money down the drain.

simple

again if you are a $80g baller cash buyout or finance or lease doesnt matter

its not that much different shelling out an extra $20g, for example monthly payment for an $80g car is about $1200-1400 a month depending on your down payment, can you really not afford an extra $350-400 dollar for an $100,000g car? i think you can

and my point was $80g is not couple pennies here and there, its actually a lot of money investing on a car

Lets face it, human beings all care about their image. No one wonna look like a bum

Roach 10-08-2010 08:57 AM

Mugen, you sound like an old Chinese lady driving a C230 thinking she's baller.

Working in the industry, I can tell you that consumer beliefs about Hyundai have changed. Hyundai is starting to sell a lot of cars. And not just Accents. They are selling 30-50g Santa Fe's, Genesis sedans and coupes. For Hyundai, the Equus is the next step to advancing it's brand image. I don't think they intend to sell the Equus like hotcakes. It's a halo car that's meant to show what Hyundai is capable of.

And as for the neighbours and grandparents, who gives a fuck what they think? It's your money, do what YOU want with it. Why are you so obsessed with what people think of you?

Kev

Lomac 10-08-2010 09:43 AM

Who cares about status and what neighbors think? If the car suits you and your needs and meets your budget, that's all that matters.
Posted via RS Mobile

crazyazn 10-08-2010 09:51 AM

The Equus cost about as much as an M/550/E with some options...it really depends on what the consumer wants. Not everybody cares about "status"...and you don't really got any status just driving a Benz/BMW since they're everywhere...time to start saving for a Rapide. I know my parents would definitely go for the Equus because it's so much bigger and presumably more comfortable.

Manic! 10-08-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 7136190)

add 12-16g option easily on top of that. and you shall have a $80g pos hyundai plus taxes

Please watch the video 5 or 6 more times.

twitchyzero 10-08-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 7136180)
no one is gonna buy that bullshit hyundai with a shitty resale value plus the lousy brand image.

Aside from the LS, you are telling me the Benz, BMW, Audi, Bentley etc will have better resale value?

and i'm also pretty sure resale value wont be a deal breaker for those considering luxury cars

PJ 10-08-2010 10:40 AM

craaaazy..

donjalapeno 10-08-2010 10:43 AM

Exterior = Genesis > Equus
Interior = Equus > Genesis
Performance= Genesis > Equus
Money= Genesis > Equus
Resale= Genesis>Equus

Genesis= Profit.

jpark 10-08-2010 12:29 PM

I KNEW IT!! I FUKEN KNEW MUGEN EVOLUTION WAS GOING TO TERROIZE THIS THREAD as soon as i saw the thread title :rolleyes: :rofl:

on a serious note: the new equus was released in korea for almost a year now.. and currently its selling like a hot cake in the korean domestic market, but i was shocked to see that they were going to bring this out into north america..

Hide625 10-08-2010 12:36 PM

I stopped watching @ the point the guy had to manually bring out the tv screen. You'd think for a "luxury" car the tv screen would pop-up automatically w/ a push of a button, not manually fold it out...

jstn86 10-08-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 7136207)

again if you are a $80g baller cash buyout or finance or lease doesnt matter

and my point was $80g is not couple pennies here and there, its actually a lot of money investing on a car

Lets face it, human beings all care about their image. No one wonna look like a bum

hahaha

did a korean person ever scam you?
did you ever get rejected by a korean girl?
did you ever buy a hyundai and it sucked a lot of dick?
do you not like kimchi noodles?

i don't understand why you absolutely HATE hyundai/kia so much...?

hyundai/kia has their own marketing department and they have their own consumer analysts. if they thought it was a good idea to bring the Equus to N.A, then who cares? if they fail, so be it.
it's not like you have stocks in hyundai and lose a lot of money right?

SO WHO THE FUCK CARES?

i don't know you personally to know what kind of financial situation you are in, but HEY, if you had $100K+ to spend on a car, we know you will NEVER buy a hyundai. enough korean car bashing already. jesus

Qmx323 10-08-2010 01:22 PM

Looks nice, some cool features

Won't sell well in NA though, how many Genesis sedans do you see in the lower mainland area? People here are just too concerned with 'brand image' and they won't settle for a Hyundai. Otherwise this looks like a pretty nice car