REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 10-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Yet another atlas complaint

yesterday my yorkie was attacked by another dog and had an open wound on the side of his body. it was bleeding alot. at the time it was midnight and it was either granville pet er or atlas. stupidly we chose atlas. it was an emergency and they made us wait 30 min. when we asked the receptionist to hurry because he was bleeding alot she said just to wait and put some tissue on it. ok from then i started to get pissed and when we were finally examed all the doctor said was we have to stitch it up and it will cost 400 but we cant do it till the morning. when he looked at the wound he stretched it open even more like he didnt even care i swear to god i wanted to choke that fucker. the vet was an east indian man with a beard. as a concerned owner we asked alot of questions which he was hesitant to answer like he didnt know but he still answered them very breifly and indirectly. at that point i had enough and took off with my dog to granville vet and on the way out he had the nerve to ask us to pay for the exam fee of 25dollars and he finished off with saying, "ok then how much do you want to pay?" how can you bargain for a dogs life this guy is insane. at granville it was treated as an emergency and they explained to us in depth on what needed to be done and gave us options because our money was very limited. the options were to do it while he was awake but he wouldnt feel a thing and they couldnt look inside for any further problems with this option for 400. the second was to put him under anesthetics and do everything thoroughly and clean it out and check for other problems which would cost 1000. unfortunitely we had to go for option 1 but when it came to picking him up they had actually done option 2 for the price of option 1. granville vet said he is a very lucky dog because this bite was pretty serious. to you people out there that have pet emergencies in the middle of the night never go to atlas. my dog probably would have died there. he is in constant pain right now but he is slowly healing.

ps all the people at atlas animal hospital on 41st and fraser should be charged and put in jail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0024 1.jpg (72.3 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement
chince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I used to work for one of their suppliers. I would never ever ever take my animal there. Dr. Jagpal was up on disciplinary charges with the BCVMA a few years back:
http://www.cvbc.ca/cfm/index.cfm?It=100&Id=342

Stick to Granville Island Vet when ever you can. They're very very very good.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
I used to work for one of their suppliers. I would never ever ever take my animal there. Dr. Jagpal was up on disciplinary charges with the BCVMA a few years back:
http://www.cvbc.ca/cfm/index.cfm?It=100&Id=342

Stick to Granville Island Vet when ever you can. They're very very very good.
http://www.facebook.com/jogpreet
yes i think that was the bastard that examinated my pet and tried to hurt him some more. why does this guy still get to practice?
chince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Poor dog, I hope he recovers quickly.

I've noticed that a lot of pet owners are checking www.vetratingz.com these days for reviews on clinics before bringing their pets there, so I encourage you to rate and share your experience on that site.

Here is the direct link to Atlas in Vancouver - http://www.vetratingz.com/ratings/23...l-Hospital.htm
babycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i used to take my dogs there but after all these stories i havent be there since 3 years? they need to close down and get all their license taken away!

it sucks to see so many people go there still
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I encourage anyone who's had issues with these vets (or any other) to contact the BCVMA and report them. Previously Jagpal has been on suspention for 6 months and Bhullar who was his old partner lost his liscence completely. These investigations can only happen if cases of malpractice are brought to the attention of the BC Veterinary Medicine Association. Hopefully further infractions will mean Jagpal can't practice in the province at all either.

http://www.cvbc.ca/cfm/index.cfm?It=903&Id=31

Last edited by TheNewGirl; 10-12-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Added Bhullar's BCVMA Archive
TheNewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote