REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 10-09-2010, 06:22 AM   #1
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
Mequiar's Products!

Hello,

Does anyone here know where I can purchase Meguiar's Wash Mitt and Meguiar's Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel? Today or Sunday?

I just painted my car and I don't want to screw anything up so I don't want to use crappy products. Now even though I'm still a newbie in some areas of the automotive world and perhaps there is something better then Meguiar's but I've used their many of their products and I always get great results so I thought I should purchase these two items.

Basically.. I don't want to wash my car with my crappy old wash mitt and have some small spec of dirt or something scratch my new paint and in result give me a heart attack. I'd love to wash my car ASAP so I can clay bar and wax the car. Perhaps it's not needed right now due to winter being right around the corner but I was told I should wax it and keep waxing it every year and my car will have that show room shine all the time!

Please help?
Thanks
Cheers
Mike
Advertisement

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio

Last edited by european; 10-09-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: fixed a type-o
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Where are you Mike? I can hook you up with a RG sheepskin Mitt and Waffle Weave drying towel if you are around. Don't wax your car for at least 30 days to allow the solvents to gas off. Call me if you need anything. I'll be around Monday for a bit as well. 604.561.5121
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
South Surrey. Yes I'm aware of not waxing the car just yet. I'm not so sure if it's a good idea anyways since winter is approaching? I stumbled into Lordco yesterday and they had both products so I picked them up for $36.69 comparing to $14 directly from the Meguiars website. It's a nice day today so I decided to wash my car and I just finished.
The wash mitt is alright I guess, can't really say if its bad or good but this so called Water Magnet" absolute crap! As I'm drying the car with this cloth all I see are tiny water marks everywhere as this cloth does not pick up all of the water. It just pushes it from one side to another and squeezing the water out is not as easy as I thought. It's as if the car was air dried just instead of larger water drop stains they are tiny. HORSESHIT!!!
Before I had my car painted I received this Armor All package as a gift, which has a few different types of clothes some tire shine and this "Sham Wow" like towel. This "Sham wow" like towel gave me way better results then this Meguiars crap. I'm pretty disappointed. I'm trying to keep my car that I do use as a daily driver as clean, mint, immaculate and as perfect as possible! (I know that's some what impossible) I just blew a lot of money on this paint job and I really want to minimize as many problems as possible. So if I have to wash constantly so be it but I want the right products to aid me keeping it show room ready.

I'll swing by your shop sometime soon. Either this weekend or next, if you're open that is. As long as your products are great then I'm down. I only have time on the weekends as during the week I'm busy with work and school.

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Ken has great products... you won't be disappointed!
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
the waffle weave water magnet by megauirs is supposed to be awesome... i personally have not tried it but i cannot see it being as bad as you described. you should try the california jelly blade.. i have never had issues with it.. use that to get the larger water dorplets off. and detail the rest with a microfibre cloth... you will always have some kinda water spotting left where you need to go over again to get completely dry/clean.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911fanatic View Post
Where are you Mike? I can hook you up with a RG sheepskin Mitt and Waffle Weave drying towel if you are around. Don't wax your car for at least 30 days to allow the solvents to gas off. Call me if you need anything. I'll be around Monday for a bit as well. 604.561.5121
do you still have to do that with the Solventless enviro paints?
Street Car --> 15.45 | Vega --> 11.65
seekerbeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by european View Post
South Surrey. Yes I'm aware of not waxing the car just yet. I'm not so sure if it's a good idea anyways since winter is approaching? I stumbled into Lordco yesterday and they had both products so I picked them up for $36.69 comparing to $14 directly from the Meguiars website. It's a nice day today so I decided to wash my car and I just finished.
The wash mitt is alright I guess, can't really say if its bad or good but this so called Water Magnet" absolute crap! As I'm drying the car with this cloth all I see are tiny water marks everywhere as this cloth does not pick up all of the water. It just pushes it from one side to another and squeezing the water out is not as easy as I thought. It's as if the car was air dried just instead of larger water drop stains they are tiny. HORSESHIT!!!
Before I had my car painted I received this Armor All package as a gift, which has a few different types of clothes some tire shine and this "Sham Wow" like towel. This "Sham wow" like towel gave me way better results then this Meguiars crap. I'm pretty disappointed. I'm trying to keep my car that I do use as a daily driver as clean, mint, immaculate and as perfect as possible! (I know that's some what impossible) I just blew a lot of money on this paint job and I really want to minimize as many problems as possible. So if I have to wash constantly so be it but I want the right products to aid me keeping it show room ready.

I'll swing by your shop sometime soon. Either this weekend or next, if you're open that is. As long as your products are great then I'm down. I only have time on the weekends as during the week I'm busy with work and school.
I've only bought a few things from Ken but his listing has mostly pro-sumer stuff so it's way better than Meguiar's and Canadian Tire stuff. The waffle weave is great, i'd recommend getting two, one for getting most of the water off your car like a blade (don't use a blade) and the second for completely drying the car.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Just give me a call and we'll hook you up. 604.561.5121
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #9
jjl
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:

If you're going to pay lordco price you're better off buying a different line. If I recally correctly, the last time I went, lordco was charging $35 for nxt wax. They do offer a good line of meguiars, but it is expensive. Unless you know someone who can offer you a discount because I hear they do.

I find weave waffle towels are pretty good at drying, but you should probably pick up two medium sized ones. One to get rid of most of the water on your car, don't worry about the water marks. Use your second dry one to clear out all the small water marks you could not clear with the first because it got too saturated.

Take a visit to Ken, he'll take good care of you. He offers some great popular products detailing hobbyists love and also some more unique ones that are harder to find.
jjl is offline   Reply With Quote