REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I need help with icbc!

So this happened last night when it was raining like hell... my brother was parked outside on a busy street at his friends house. He heard a big "boom" and went to check it out. By the time he looked thru the window the two cars that were involved in an accident were parked infront of his car. He didnt think it would have done any damage to his car, so be didnt bother to get their plates down. Until this morning he discovered a fresh scrape right across his bumper and dents on his right fender. He had already called icbc, but they said they cant do anything about it. He descirbed both cars, the time and place of the accident but is it true icbc cant do anything about it without their plates? please help.
Advertisement
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Dunno, make an appointment with an adjuster dude and see what he says. ICBC is filled with retards, if the phone doesn't work try it in person.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Dunno, make an appointment with an adjuster dude and see what he says. ICBC is filled with retards, if the phone doesn't work try it in person.
*update* The icbc lady spoke with her supervisor and they made an appointment with kingsway icbc, however they said there isnt much they can do until thoes people call in to report the accident. Even if they do, theres still a really low chance that they will cover up the damage without my brother paying deductible.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,990 Times in 538 Posts
unfortunately, i had similar experiences, the thing is i didnt even see the accident... i ended up paying deductible and its put under hit and run... so ya.. man.. good luck
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
SardaukarMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
*update* The icbc lady spoke with her supervisor and they made an appointment with kingsway icbc, however they said there isnt much they can do until thoes people call in to report the accident. Even if they do, theres still a really low chance that they will cover up the damage without my brother paying deductible.
what do you expect them to do? unless those two drivers report to icbc with the proper location of the accident, how is icbc going to treat your brother any different from a regular hit & run? just pull a plate or two out of thin air?

it's a straightforward hit and run. IF icbc discovers the parties responsible for the damage to your brother's car, then i think they'll refund the deductible.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
unfortunately, i had similar experiences, the thing is i didnt even see the accident... i ended up paying deductible and its put under hit and run... so ya.. man.. good luck
dam that sucks =[

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrait View Post
what do you expect them to do? unless those two drivers report to icbc with the proper location of the accident, how is icbc going to treat your brother any different from a regular hit & run? just pull a plate or two out of thin air?

it's a straightforward hit and run. IF icbc discovers the parties responsible for the damage to your brother's car, then i think they'll refund the deductible.
i see.. im pretty sure they'll report the accident soon. the damage was pretty big... and thanks for the replies