REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Top gear on 60 Minutes

now sure if this has been posted,
60 minutes is doing a show on Top Gear this sunday
here is a preview

Advertisement
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Awesome. Should be interesting to see how they do this segment.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Programed it on my PVR.
b-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

For the top gear deprived.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-australia-03x00-20100928_2075260.htm
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

the STIG is awesome!

too bad about the whole STIG revealing himself and crap. hopefully new STIG wont ruin it for everyone ;(
Old 10-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
SardaukarMod

on right now. only a 10 minute segment.

not bad though.

edit: huh. it's going over time. sweet.

Quote:
The Secret Behind the Hit TV Car Show "Top Gear"
Steve Kroft Profiles the Iconic BBC Car Program "Top Gear" And Gets Taken For A Ride He'll Never Forget

(CBS) Steve Kroft is taken for a hair-raising, 130 mph joy ride by "The Stig" on Sunday's "60 Minutes." A Darth-Vader-like anonymous race car driver who doesn't speak, the Stig is just one of the peculiar features that have helped make the BBC2's car show, "Top Gear," one of the most popular television programs on the planet, with a weekly audience the BBC estimates at 350 million viewers in 170 countries.

Kroft's report on "Top Gear" will be broadcast this Sunday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

BBC UK: "Top Gear"
BBC America: "Top Gear"

What's the mass appeal of a quirky car show that attracts a-list guest stars like Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz, and features a hodgepodge of extravagant races, travelogues, stunts and car reviews? Kroft asks co-hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, as well as the program's executive producer, Andy Wilman.

"It's a journey into the male mind which, I believe is a really potentially very funny place. Because, let's face it, nothing happens there," says Wilman.

Witty humor, running physical gags, outrageous speed, destructive vehicle stunts and car reviews are the show's hallmarks. It's now entering its fifth decade and is available in the U.S. on BBC America, where it enjoys a cult following. Kroft's story includes some of the show's best moments: driving a Bugatti 259 MPH; driving a truck through brick walls; drinking and driving on the way to the North Pole; cooking up elaborate ways to destroy Toyota pick-ups; and a road trip through Alabama in cars sporting fighting words like "NASCAR SUCKS."

The program courts controversy regularly with their often dangerous stunts and the humor that is often taken as anything but funny by some offended group.

There was the time Clarkson drove a truck for a "Top Gear" segment and upset people with a wry reference to a serial killer who happened to be a truck driver. "It's a hard job," deadpans Clarkson. "Change gear, change gear, check your mirrors. Murder a prostitute, change gear…" Says Clarkson, "It's a weekly occurrence that somebody will complain…but if you start to pay attention to everybody's concerns, you end up with something bland and boring."

Each week, Clarkson, a huge, bombastic character, joins May, a professorial type, and Hammond, an energetic and earnest foil, in a clash of personalities and inside humor that is for many the secret sauce in the show. But Clarkson clearly leads the pack in this race. "The chemistry that exists between Richard, James and I has rather taken over…We really, genuinely loathe each other," Clarkson tells Kroft.

As for "The Stig," who never speaks or reveals his identity, "A happy accident," says Wilman. "We couldn't find a racing driver capable of an intelligent comment…And then, I think Jeremy, said, 'Why does this driver need to talk at all?'" Indeed, The Stig does not speak when Kroft tries to engage him, remaining in his mute, anonymous character behind the dark visor that's become his trademark.

Stig's mystery has become such a critical part of "Top Gear" that when he revealed his identity some weeks ago as Ben Collins, he was shown the door. The former Formula Three driver outed himself so he could publish a book; the search is on for his replacement.
more vids on the 60 minutes website.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)

Last edited by seakrait; 10-24-2010 at 04:17 PM.
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
I bringith the lowerballerith

heres a clip

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #8
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Did the whole episode already air? I can't find it for DL.