REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 10-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Matching TV stand

I hope this is the right section to post this.

I just moved not too long ago and I need to get a TV stand for a new TV. I'm not really good at matching stuff, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to where to look.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Just putting this out there; but your green furniture does not work well with the tan colored walls and laminate floors.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Where is the TV going? What type of TV? Can it be wall-mounted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reamemiya View Post
I hope this is the right section to post this.

I just moved not too long ago and I need to get a TV stand for a new TV. I'm not really good at matching stuff, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to where to look.

Thanks in advance.

I gotta agree. That green table doesn't go well with a whole lot. what about the space for the rest of the room?

If you're wanting a tv stand in that same kind of colour as that coffee table, it's gonna be tough to find. Best bet would be to look at stores on United Blvd in Coquitlam. I don't think I've seen any furniture with that colour in a long time.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #5

Haha, I don't like the color either, but I don't really have a choice. I don't want to pay more on top of the TV stand.

I moved there recently, so really can't have a say to how my furniture fitted in (not saying it match my old house either LOL).

Anyhow, what's consider matching the furniture? Matching color? Matching style?

Thanks guys
Old 10-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
black tv stand - $100 - united furniture warehosue --- thats where i got mine..

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

wall mount it or just lay the tv where the window is
Wetordry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #8

Yeah its pretty difficult to match green with the walls and floor. All the colors won't work together if that's what your looking for. If you want to avoid even paying anything like Wetordry said, just put your TV on the window sill IF it fits. If not that then try United Furniture or even Ikea.

Keep it simple as the green furniture already throws it off.

I hate green furniture.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #9

Thanks guys.

I'm looking for a TV stand because I need a place to put the VCR etc.

Since it looks like the general consensus is, that since the color of my furniture is already off (and screwed everything up), it doesn't matter what kind of TV stand I get.

How about style though? Should I get something that's more mordern (ie. glass or something from Futureshop), or go for something with a wood finish?

Futureshop:

Ikea:

Thanks once again.

Last edited by trd2343; 10-23-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
MiX iT Up!

DO NOT buy from futureshop - its WAAAAYYYYY overpriced.

go to thsoe furniture stores in coquitlam or surrey. there is a whole strip of them.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #11

^Actually, I wanted an opinion on the style, the modern (glass type) or wood trimmed ones.

Thanks though, I definitely will keep a heads up when looking at stuff through Futureshop
Old 10-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #12
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Well with the colour and size of some of the furniture, another large piece of furniture in the room would just make if feel a tad bit busy. I'd go with a glass styled one.

Then again, it all comes down to personal preference.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #13

Some may not like Ikea products but I think this one looks decent:

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80133930
Old 10-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #14
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reamemiya View Post
^Actually, I wanted an opinion on the style, the modern (glass type) or wood trimmed ones.

Thanks though, I definitely will keep a heads up when looking at stuff through Futureshop

i'd go with glass. only because, its nice and open. buy a wire cover n it'll look nice n clean.

if you get a wood trim one, like the one you have posted from ikea- soon the drawers will be filled with non tv/entertainment related crap.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #15

After talking with my brother, we have decided to go with the glass shelves over the full wood trimmed shelf.

I'm looking to spend around $200-300 for the stand. However, Futureshop is the only place that I know of that sells these kind of stands. Also, the furniture shops that showed up on Google search are all situation in Downtown where everything is super expensive.

If anyone know of any places that sell glass TV stands, I greatly appreciated if you can tell me where it is (preferably in Richmond, Vancouver, or Burnaby). I'll definitely check out the furniture strip along Minoru and Aldebridge Way.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #16
I don't get it

check costco. not the website. go into the store, ive seen one mostly glass for under 300. that was in poco.
RouRK is offline   Reply With Quote