REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #51
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
thank God I already have my class 5. I would have hated this if I still had my L
Advertisement
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #52
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
I think the biggest problem with the GLP is that when people get their L, they dont practice their driving at all during that 1 year period, and when they go for their N road test, they luck out and pass. They then start driving out with no experience and do stupid shit.

This period of time is meant for the newbis to learn how to drive properly under guidance and not get ur L and forget it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #53
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
I think the biggest problem with the GLP is that when people get their L, they dont practice their driving at all during that 1 year period, and when they go for their N road test, they luck out and pass. They then start driving out with no experience and do stupid shit.

This period of time is meant for the newbis to learn how to drive properly under guidance and not get ur L and forget it.
Yes so true. I think i put on about 20,000km with my L
Originally Posted by 1990TSI View Post
Triple wrap it
the shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #54
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

lol, I think 1 year is fine... because if u fuck up during your 1 year of L, you will get suspended and have to re-do the 1 year again... and again and again if you keep fucking up rofl
tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #55

i don't think change 1 year to 2 years will solve that problem. Driving experience will not gain because of the length of the driving time. if someone keeps driving like an asshole for 2 years, it will even harder to change his habit.

i know there are many bad n drivers. however there r many bad NORMAL drivers too. As an N driver (I am an N driver), we learn and experience on the road. but some asses just give us hard time no matter how safely, slowly, fast, or normally we drive.

To educate N drivers, we need more proper driving school (not just learning law and signs). we should build more tracks and teach people what racing is and bring the street racing attitude out of the street. and people please do not hate racing. Proper racing is not that terrifying as you might think
Momo251212 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #56
straight from the fields of squamton

Ls are sooo 2000
Old 10-27-2010, 12:19 AM   #57
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
^ Having an N/L on the back of your car =

Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:26 AM   #58
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
this doesn't change much
most L drivers will practice a month or two before their Class 7N road test...prolonging another year won't make a difference IMO. If anyhing they should prolong the period from 7N to Class 5 as that's when most new drivers are on the road with no supervision.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #59
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.lo_ View Post
hey good move
now how about retesting people once they reach a certain age? then have to retest every 5 years after or something.
I agree but I think a driving test every 5 years after a certain age, i think 50 yrs old is a good start for something like this. Also, there should be implemented after every major accident you have if its your fault 100%. I thought it already
was 2 years for L to N?

L driving isn't where you learn the most. My L felt like a theory test all the way to my N. When you have your N you get more real world experience. I notice that the worst drivers are the ones who aren't confident with their driving abilities.

Another thing is for L drivers they should have lets say 200 hours of driving time clocked in and signed by a parent or driving instructor. If its really expanded to 2 years then this should be very easy to achieve.

Last edited by bloodmack; 10-27-2010 at 11:16 AM.
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #60

even if it's changed to 2 years for L, it won't actually do much especially for the people who barely drive with there L
Originally Posted by 1990TSI View Post
Triple wrap it
the shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #61
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post

Yeah... I know I did some pretty stupid things when I was freshly licensed... drove on the wrong side of the Kingsway around a median just for the hell of it (but at like 5am), going 160kmph around the UBC highway with a full car load and people sticking their heads out the window...

I don't remember exactly when I got my class 5, but all I know is that we were packing like eight people into my old Corolla station wagon, including two in the trunk... and that was in the summer after grade 10.

Ah yes, the good ol' days...

I pity the current new driver generation... only being able to drive one passenger.
Yup, same shit here.

Dad took me to get my learners on my 16th birthday and after I passed, I booked my roadtest for exactly 1 month later. A week after I passed, I got my first ticket for excessive noise and speeding (drifting onto Robson from Denman and getting it up to 80 before I got pulled over).

Being a little older now and having a kid that's going to be driving in a couple of years, I'm all for it.

One thing I really hope they change is non-English tests and translators - I think it's complete horse shit. If you can't read the signs, you can't get a license, period.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #62
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
i know that i shouldnt be talking because when i first got my N in grade 11 long time back, i was the same way in my moms car ... but honestly i have taught my self out of it as i grew.. i figured i looked like a 'fag' driving like an idiot with big fat Z on (awesome N sideways trend). Unfortunatly i still have couple friends in ridge that drive like highschool idiots... couple weeks ago at my friends birthday dinner, my friend got his 96 acura tl and started doing burnouts and ebrake pull after dinner....same age as me and has his N still.

It seriously made me so embarassed.. i wanted to just gtfo... i try giving him advice but hes always "but i lovee driving fast".. i guess the real way to learn is to experience some horrific accident or just teach yourself out of it as you grow.. these systems wont change the element by much...
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #63
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

NOOO!!!... my life is fail if it does changes..
phunky.FOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #64
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

So much hypocrisy in this thread. I don't think the same thing will be said if you aren't N/Class 5 already. I'm a class 5 myself and i don't really give a damn about this. There are many N drivers that drives way better than the class 5 c-lai in richmond. Some people just sucks at driving. The one that sucks will keep sucking and get their class 5. Make no difference
hkRicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #65
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
ive mention this is related thread awhile back...

should implement roadtest every 5 years a minimum.. sure you gona have to pay, sure its a pain, but hey... theres gona be less idiots on the road...

and for ppl who get caught drinking and driving should be ban from driving...
Old 10-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #66
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
the problem i have about implementing a roadtest every 5 years is the roadtest itself. The roadtest is a joke, all u do is make sure u dont do any of ur bad habits for that hr, make sure u dont speed at all, shoulder check like crazy and ur done. Its like picking up a chick, or meeting the parents for the first time, pretending to be someone ur not for that 1 hr just to win something over.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #67
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
the problem i have about implementing a roadtest every 5 years is the roadtest itself. The roadtest is a joke, all u do is make sure u dont do any of ur bad habits for that hr, make sure u dont speed at all, shoulder check like crazy and ur done. Its like picking up a chick, or meeting the parents for the first time, pretending to be someone ur not for that 1 hr just to win something over.
got a better idea? retest everything you get in a 100% at-fault accident?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #68
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
you cant easily hide 5 years of bad habit driving, i mean the more harder you try, the more easier for you to make a mistake.

i would also like eye sight test done also, at least within 2 years of the retest... lots of freaking blind people...
Old 10-29-2010, 01:16 AM   #69
Banned (ABWS)

they should also implement a rule where if someone failed the N test over 40 times, that person should be automatically banned from driving in BC.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #70
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

good, less idiots on the roads

drivers cant drive worth SHIT

thank this shit
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #71
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
they should also implement a rule where if someone failed the N test over 40 times, that person should be automatically banned from driving in BC.
wtf who fails there N 40 times

ive seen alot of none N drivers who cant drive for shit too
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #72
Banned (ABWS)

WELL IS THIS TRUE.............. OR WHAT ????????? AND IF SO.... WHAT TIME NEXT YEAR DOES IT START?
GreddySpaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #73
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
I'm not saying your all bad drivers, but most of you guys talk like your a perfect driver. Sure these days it seems worst, I don't think its worst. You just didn't see how bad it was until you got better at it.
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #74
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreddySpaghetti View Post
WELL IS THIS TRUE.............. OR WHAT ????????? AND IF SO.... WHAT TIME NEXT YEAR DOES IT START?
?
GreddySpaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #75
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604nguyen View Post
18 should be when people get their L's
and the skills test should be ALOT harder

too many nubs on the road

and there should be mandatory annual re-examinations for richmond residents to prevent situations like these from happening again (still dont understand how this can even happen):

wutisthisidonteven

HOW THE HELL?