REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 11-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
i used to have 2 red ear sliders, didnt matter what was done, their tank was dirtier then a hooker after 1-2 days...turtles are slobs hahaha...

id change the water every week, but in between water changes id use an aquarium vacuum to suck up all the poop and bits of food that would collect on the bottom of the tank! try getting one of those, it only takes 5 mintues to vacuum the bottom!!
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #27
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
damn didn't know these little guys were that pricey!
make sure u stand around and observe their behaviors before purchase and remember to ask when they shipped them in. Changing environment for small pets arent always the best. I bought 4 softshell turtles only 1 survived =(

also worth checking out is the vietnamese place across from dairy queen on kingsway they had about 100 RES size of a toonie for $25(?) and way easier to negotiate they also do special orders
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #28
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I'm going to drop by today and take a look at these guys, thanks for the info guys.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #29
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Theres a pet shop across from dairy queen on kingsway? the dairyqueen beside chevron??

update: i bought the RENA XP3 today
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #30
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by distanc3 View Post
Fx5 is a powerful filter so i dont know why xilley failed me on it.

FX5 kept my tank of 7 koi (all over 10") clean over winter indoor. FX5 is very nice and quiet filter and at 50% it is a great deal.
fx5 for these small turtles?
and in such a small tank, he ll find the turtles getting spinned around and not getting a chance to pick up food at all, cause it ll get sucked in before they ll even get a chance to

plus i believe turtles are supposed to be pond animals
if you do keep them in tanks, arent you supposed to give them a dry area and all to rest on?
the cannister filter needs to be sunked into the tank enough to get the force pumped BACK into the filter, so that said.. the tank is full of water then? no dry land? or even a log?

to OP, try going to home depot, to buy eggcrate and diy under gravel filters, its not really that hard
search it up
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #31
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

you should have a basking area for the turtle where the light wont shine onto the water and create algae, i can change my turtle's water once every 3 months if i keep the light off and it wouldnt be very dirty but with the light on, algae will show in a couple days and i would have to change it every other week
Old 11-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #32
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
fx5 for these small turtles?
and in such a small tank, he ll find the turtles getting spinned around and not getting a chance to pick up food at all, cause it ll get sucked in before they ll even get a chance to

plus i believe turtles are supposed to be pond animals
if you do keep them in tanks, arent you supposed to give them a dry area and all to rest on?
the cannister filter needs to be sunked into the tank enough to get the force pumped BACK into the filter, so that said.. the tank is full of water then? no dry land? or even a log?

to OP, try going to home depot, to buy eggcrate and diy under gravel filters, its not really that hard
search it up
With the FX5 you can adjust the amount of water inflow and outflow. What i did for my Koi was to tilt the outflow upwards 45degrees(slightly above water level) so it only made gentle waves on the top of the water and little current downwards. Besides the OP can turned it off during feeding time or basking time.

I agree on the basking area which can easily made with eggcrates + zipties purchased from homedepot.

to OP bare tank is the best, unlike softshells they dont need to hide/bury themselves and cleaning is a lot easier.
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #33
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Whats so special about the musk? I always thought a turtle is a turtle with diff looks.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by distanc3 View Post
With the FX5 you can adjust the amount of water inflow and outflow. What i did for my Koi was to tilt the outflow upwards 45degrees(slightly above water level) so it only made gentle waves on the top of the water and little current downwards. Besides the OP can turned it off during feeding time or basking time.

I agree on the basking area which can easily made with eggcrates + zipties purchased from homedepot.

to OP bare tank is the best, unlike softshells they dont need to hide/bury themselves and cleaning is a lot easier.
you could do that, but when i did that with mine... my tank went from 100% water to 30%.. 70% of the water was on the floor.. i fucked my self over, the tube shifted went all over the wall to the ground

i think the OP should just keep it in his tub LOL fast drain and easy access to water * after you quarantine obvs*
Old 11-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #35
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
xilley what you got in your tanks?

and he already have a basking area
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #36
Banned By Establishment

i m restarting everything since i moved, i had south american cichlids
and a tank of discus, then moved on to salties
but in the past 10 years? i kept all sort of fishes, nothin is as entertaining as salties though

so i m restarting a tank of salties