REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 AM   #26
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Fat is not bad.
Fat is not bad.
Fat is not bad.

Also, as any diabetic will tell you, carbs are not as bad when they're accompanied by 1. Fiber (which triggers insulin production to manage them) and 2. Fat (which slows their release).

The problem is all our highly refined foods is the fiber is removed from them so there's nothing to tell your body 'hey we just had wack loads of sugar' and corn based sugars have the wrong ratios of fructose to sucrose so your body doesn't recognise them and feel sated after consuming them... meaning you can have 2000 calories and still feel hungry.

There's a fantastic, though science heavy documentry on YouTube called "Sugar the Bitter Truth" which is required viewing IMO and talks about the fructose heavy sugars extensively.

Here it is:
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

cool ill watch that when i get home
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #28
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
coool, video

now my questions........

-is there a certain BF% that indicates when a persons insulin levels are too high and storing to much fat?

-i cant remember if he said it in the videos, but IF your insulin levels are too high, what are the best ways to lower said levels as to when you were younger and your metabolism was working most efficiently. (i believe he said exercise will reduce it, but if you dont keep the regime going you will gain the weight back)

with that being said....are fat people fucked for life and have to maintain extremely high fitness levels for the rest of their lives....and lower BF% people can simply maintain low-moderate fitness levels for the rest of their lives(or just stay away from foods that would cause increase in insulin)

-is there any true way to permanently reduce your insulin levels so that they are working at a normal level, where you can just maintain a proper normal human diet(which is dictated by this video)

-finally......is this presentation exactly what i will see in the movie FATHEAD?....
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Who wants to do some ayc bacon and lard?
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #30
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
its refined carbs and trans fat etc that leads to huge health problems.. modern science and assumptions has made saturated fat worse than it really is. It is indeed natural and what humans have been eating for centuries. the food industry has fucked people up with cheap refined foods that are mass produced and are cheap.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #31
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
awesome videos

more people should be educated to this
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #32
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
good video,
wanted to watch this earlier but didn't have time and forgot about it, thanks for bump

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #33
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

didnt watch it yet but judging by what people are saying.. im sure anyone who works out already knows this
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #34
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
didnt watch it yet but judging by what people are saying.. im sure anyone who works out already knows this
not so sure about that... the big thing isnt just about refined being bad for you, it is that saturated fats aren't as bad for you as they are made out to be. the biggest culprit among all bad foods is sugar, whether you eat it in the form of carbs or corn syrup etc. the rule of thumb for me is "if you see commercials about it, you have to be skeptical about how good it really is for you". we live in a world of marketing and money. case in point, corn. it is in fucking everything, yet the human body isn't meant to eat so much of it, if at all any of it. it is cheap and mass produced and a huge money maker for the states..
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #35
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Here's his latest speech. I haven't watched it yet:

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote