REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Ways to Ask a Girl Out Thread. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/629300-ways-ask-girl-out-thread.html)

insomniac 11-03-2010 07:53 PM

Ways to Ask a Girl Out Thread.

how do you ask a girl out? post your stories.
EDIT: i meant to be your gf lmao..

d1 11-03-2010 07:58 PM

Sounds more like a marriage proposal.

ForbiddenX 11-03-2010 07:59 PM

"hey do you want to go out?"

seemed to work for me

Euro7r 11-03-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 737! (Post 7171716)
how do you ask a girl out? post your stories.

as for myself i usually ask girls out by giving them flowers and going on one knee in front of her friends.. never done anything creative yet.

WTF! What if the girl says "NO", then you just wasted money on flowers and got nothing in return LOL.

TOS'd 11-03-2010 08:21 PM

rs?

KuSouL 11-03-2010 09:39 PM

i was taught to never get on my knee unless proposing

rJZx 11-03-2010 09:54 PM

Um are you serious OP?

FI-Z33 11-03-2010 09:58 PM

mmm...i think i'd be pretty freaked out if a guy randomly went down on one knee and gave me flowers UNLESS its my boyfriend proposing to me..otherwise its kinda..creepy

AND you wouldnt wanna waste money and embarrass yourself if the girl says no right? just a thought. guys usually just ask if i wanna hang out or go for a dinner..or simply just by asking.."hey you wanna go for a date?"

6793026 11-03-2010 10:04 PM

you watch way way way too much korean dramas...

I am assuming you are an awesome friend of her and just go in and say, "hey, you wanna go hang out sometime?" If she says yes, then BAM, you are on your way to go on FB and ask her out and say "hey, are u busy friday" etc

I'm assuming you're in high school.....

DC5-S 11-03-2010 10:54 PM

my buddy is a pick up artist.. he said hes addicted to doing it.. whenever he sees a decent looking girl he will strike up a convo, i wish I was like that but I dont have the guts lol

v.Rossi 11-03-2010 10:59 PM

^ haha i'm like that, but not to every decent girl. when i get the chance i usually do, just to overcome my fears and because i like the challenge.

Zyzz 11-03-2010 11:08 PM

Lol I never chased a girl in my life.. because I think chasing is kind of fake. I just present myself and ask

hey be my girlfriend?

so far its been working pretty well

nabs 11-03-2010 11:21 PM

i just say "lets fuck" and see how they react.

jackmeister 11-03-2010 11:46 PM

this is probably more direct and to the point

"can i tap that?"... theres even a thread about it. its that epic

FN-2199 11-04-2010 12:19 AM

LC21 11-04-2010 12:41 AM

"Hey so you're my girlfriend and i'm your boyfriend, agree or disagree?"

busdriverman 11-04-2010 01:27 AM

"hey the weather is nice isnt it? btw wanna fuck?"

TRD Rs200 11-04-2010 01:33 AM

why the fuck would you get on ur knees if u're just asking her out?

just fucking be straight up and say "Yo be my gf?"

enough said

xilley 11-04-2010 06:27 PM

just talk and joke around and when you get the chance to connect to somethin liek this
" wow thought your my girl"
if they reply somethin negative then i guess she aint really that down
if they like it, they ll just be quiet and keep shy

then you decide wether you should pop the question or not?

!Yaminashi 11-04-2010 07:49 PM

do things naturally, dont be awkward about it. I cringed when I read the get down on knee thing, AWKWAAAARRRD!

With my gf we basically started talking, went out on dates, then I basically suggested that we become "official" since I was pretty sure we were on the same page. Nothing was forced, it just felt right to do since we both wanted each other

v.Rossi 11-04-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 7173150)
just talk and joke around and when you get the chance to connect to somethin liek this
" wow thought your my girl"if they reply somethin negative then i guess she aint really that down
if they like it, they ll just be quiet and keep shy

i would not recommend this. that line is horrible dude! it makes you look like a wimpy sensitive guy, no matter how much you try and joke about it. just be blunt and ask "will you be my girlfriend?" when you think the time is right. then it's mutual and "verbally official" that you're exclusive.

however to assume she's your girl is playing with fire, even if you are sleeping with her it could mean fuck all. what if you got rejected? yeah yeah rejection... plenty of fish in the sea.. move on, but that's a rejection that could have been easily avoided by asking a simple question. how are you going to react when you find out she's sleeping with another guy? back to wimpy sensitive guy? "wow thought your my girl" you'll look like a fool with that assumption.

few relationships just happen and that the two don't have to ask they just know, great for them. but in a time where you do have to ask don't use that bad line.

xilley 11-04-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v.Rossi (Post 7173530)
i would not recommend this. that line is horrible dude! it makes you look like a wimpy sensitive guy, no matter how much you try and joke about it. just be blunt and ask "will you be my girlfriend?" when you think the time is right. then it's mutual and "verbally official" that you're exclusive.

however to assume she's your girl is playing with fire, even if you are sleeping with her it could mean fuck all. what if you got rejected? yeah yeah rejection... plenty of fish in the sea.. move on, but that's a rejection that could have been easily avoided by asking a simple question. how are you going to react when you find out she's sleeping with another guy? back to wimpy sensitive guy? "wow thought your my girl" you'll look like a fool with that assumption.

few relationships just happen and that the two don't have to ask they just know, great for them. but in a time where you do have to ask don't use that bad line.

sorry for misunderstanding, but that wasnt asking her out, i meant it as for testing, i shouldve wrote down "you decide from there on"
but yeah true if anyone does that and expects a girl to date you, the relationship prob die in weeks lol

mc. 11-04-2010 11:08 PM

today i came up with the idea of writing it on a piece of paper, with a check box for yes and no, and then running away, and coming back a few mins later for the answer, but then i realized that it was super cheesy and decided against it.

Lolkai 11-04-2010 11:25 PM

dammmmmm thickness, you gunna let me hit it wuts good?

trancehead 11-04-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc. (Post 7173583)
today i came up with the idea of writing it on a piece of paper, with a check box for yes and no, and then running away, and coming back a few mins later for the answer, but then i realized that it was super cheesy and decided against it.

piece of paper?
running away?

cmon now...we can do better than that. Glad you decided against that

You wouldnt just walk up to a girl you barely know and ask them to be your girfriend anways. Way too forward. Ask them out casually for something to eat or drink

If it goes well and a couple dates later, you two are clearly getting closer. Then you may drop the bomb. Be smooth like butter! Each step should transition smoothly and without quirks to the next