REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

[HELP] Negotiation with Vancouver Mercedes Benz dealer for C class??

Long story short,

I went to Boundary Mercedes Benz dealer and they did not have the car I want...I had to put more options to get something in stock

finally they offered me

C300 4MATIC black on black
premium package (don't need)
command nav package
sirius radio (don't need)
less than 300KM - manager's demo.

they offered me $1,000 off (from fright and pdi) on my ballon payment deal saying this c-class is very popular?? (I am still elegiable for 3 month payment free up to $1,350= $450 a month x 3 months)

Is this fair deal???

They always saying it is very popular model and you have to put money down to built it and not going to be ready til End of jan 2011

I feel I am toally lost HELP~~~PLZ
Advertisement

Last edited by mrdream; 11-07-2010 at 07:24 AM.
mrdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i would try dealing with mercedes-benz of surrey (or silverstar if thats still their name). My parents friends went to 3 different mercedes dealerships to get a new E550 convertable. They couldn't get the exact one they wanted in stock, and they kept bringing up alternatives. My dad recommended them to go to mercedes benz of surry because he worked with them when they constructed the new dealership. My parents friends were able to get the car they wanted in a weeks time. I dont know how or why, but they were very happy. They are also a privately owned Mercedes Dealership (possible the only one in canada). This may be the reason why they have cars in stock that other dealerships dont. If you do go ahead and speak to someone. I believe there's a nice gentlemen that works there by the name of Stanley.

As for pricing, it depends if it meets your budget. I would also ask if they could give you $3000 off the msrp. I know bmw usually will do that, or alteast throw in a packaging for free. When my mom got her X3 last year we were able to $6000+ off ($3000 + premium packaging). I dont know if you are Entirely set on Mercedes-Benz but BMW always have great leasing offers. Maybe consider Bmw? or investigate to use for bargaining.

hope this is helpful. Best of Luck.

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
so how serious is the radio? like dead serious or some what serious?

and yeah i think the dealers in vancouver tend not give much discounts because theirs sales are so high. Id go to lowermainland dealerships. for example these were the choices for my dad.

2007 Bmw X3 3.0 with 40000km premium package at North shore = $42000
2007 Bmw X3 3.0 with 70000km premium package at Brian Jessel = $39000
2007 Bmw X3 3.0 with 35000km premium package at Autowest BMW = $29000 + they gave us a sick deal on the trade in.

so basically we got a low mileage bimmer( still smells new) for like 10-12gs less AND with the colour combo my dad wanted, jet black with beige interior.

Last edited by donjalapeno; 11-06-2010 at 11:30 PM.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltaaa77 View Post
so basically we got a low mileage beamer( still smells new) for like 10-12gs less AND with the colour combo my dad wanted, jet black with beige interior.
Bimmer*
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
^ fixed
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Lol, first thing I noticed is the serious radio
Posted via RS Mobile
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #7
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Don't let them talk you into thinking that they don't need your business, that's how mercedes on broadway and richmond treats people, service department is no better @ those two locations. It's not like a yaris where the margins are relatively low and discount is tougher to give. Don't be afraid to walk away from scumbag salesman.

I saw some pretty good deals in the vancouver sun from mercedes certified pre-owned, I suggest give that a try first.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #8
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

After many times of car purchasing experience, I would only recommend one sales person who works at Richmond Mercedes !!
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #9
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Does it rev over 9000rpm?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #10
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I fixed it sirius radio..
see I don't need it... (can't even spell and don't know what it is)

Hi Beeb, who is that sales person?
can you tell me though?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #11
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
shop around first.. go try northshore too.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I was chatting with my sales guy while waiting for my SA at MB Vancouver last month. He mentioned that MB is doing a bit too well this year. Demand is outstripping the supply (especially for the E-class sedan/coupe), and he told me he actually lost a few customers (had to refund their down payments) because the wait is now 5+ months instead of the usual 3. He said at the rate they're going, they're actually set to exceed BMW this year (not sure if he meant Vancouver, Canada, or worldwide) for the first time. And I didn't ask if he meant volume, or cars sold.

I can't imagine why he'd lie since he knew I wasn't looking for a car, we were just shooting the breeze. And we're on friendly terms.

Generally speaking, my understanding is that any time you want a custom-built car at MB, there is basically NO discount on MSRP. To buy a car, I always recommend that you pick up something near the end of their model year (ie buy a 2009 model in mid-2010). Then you can save yourself a few grand easily. And you're buying a "premade" car, which makes it easier to bargain.

Based on the information, I'd say $1-2k off is fair. If I were in your shoes, I'd play the "high mileage" card. And you can insist on not paying for options you didn't want anyways. That's how I got my slushbox for free.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #13
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
I was chatting with my sales guy while waiting for my SA at MB Vancouver last month. He mentioned that MB is doing a bit too well this year. Demand is outstripping the supply (especially for the E-class sedan/coupe), and he told me he actually lost a few customers (had to refund their down payments) because the wait is now 5+ months instead of the usual 3. He said at the rate they're going, they're actually set to exceed BMW this year (not sure if he meant Vancouver, Canada, or worldwide) for the first time. And I didn't ask if he meant volume, or cars sold.

I can't imagine why he'd lie since he knew I wasn't looking for a car, we were just shooting the breeze. And we're on friendly terms.

Generally speaking, my understanding is that any time you want a custom-built car at MB, there is basically NO discount on MSRP. To buy a car, I always recommend that you pick up something near the end of their model year (ie buy a 2009 model in mid-2010). Then you can save yourself a few grand easily. And you're buying a "premade" car, which makes it easier to bargain.

Based on the information, I'd say $1-2k off is fair. If I were in your shoes, I'd play the "high mileage" card. And you can insist on not paying for options you didn't want anyways. That's how I got my slushbox for free.
The issue with buying a car at the end of the year is that the price will go down dramatically when the new model year or face lifted year comes out

With the C class they sell like hot cakes and that's why there is no budge, the three months off and 1000 off fret is pretty good but I am sure you can push it to document fees waived as well which is another $395

By the way it is a very popular model

By the way I would take the premium.

Also it comes with Sirius anyways
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Maybe check out 3 point motors in Nanaimo. They only sell 12 to 15 new MB's a year so they may be a little more hungry for your business.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #15
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Have you considered importing one from the states? may be cheaper since the dollars almost on par....
ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Maybe check out 3 point motors in Nanaimo. They only sell 12 to 15 new MB's a year so they may be a little more hungry for your business.
Good point. Also, don't be discouraged if you check out this dealership. It's ghetto compared to the bigger, nicer showrooms (like the newer dealership in north van).

My in-laws get their MB serviced at the Nanaimo dealership, and have been impressed thus far (when they bought their Benz, they were still living in the lower mainland)
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #17
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed View Post
Good point. Also, don't be discouraged if you check out this dealership. It's ghetto compared to the bigger, nicer showrooms (like the newer dealership in north van).

My in-laws get their MB serviced at the Nanaimo dealership, and have been impressed thus far (when they bought their Benz, they were still living in the lower mainland)
If there car is out of warranty they should checkout the gas station and repair shop in Lantzville. The owner is a certified Mercedes mechanic and use to work at 3 Point motors before he bough the gas station.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #18
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
If there car is out of warranty they should checkout the gas station and repair shop in Lantzville. The owner is a certified Mercedes mechanic and use to work at 3 Point motors before he bough the gas station.
Good to know, I saw a few cars that I liked but I dunno where to have it chekced out.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #19
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

mrdream >> I find it neutral when dealing with MB at boundary. Negative at Broadway/hemlok MB, and positive at Richmond MB. The sales person affect these feelings directly. I have only feel right dealing with Patrick at Richmond MB. But the service/advisors department at richmond mb sucks. Service at boundary MB is way better in terms of customer service. But sales person, I always look for Patrick there. Honest car sales person is hard to come across nowadays.
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #20
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Thank you everybody!!
I signed up for C300 4Matic with few packages now and waiting - takes about 2-3 weeks.. hmm
again Thank you.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #21
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

i also have a question about this... im looking at a CPO bmw and i'm looking to finance it...even though i am financing do you guys think i can still negotiate a better price than the sticker price? or will the salesman not budge because i am finance? thnx guys
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #22
The Fiesta Dipper

I bought my CPO 2008 C230 (in March 2010) from MB Broadway and delt with Brad Gold.
Original sticker price was 29,990$ it had 46,000 kms and had AMG sport package.

He took 3000$ off the sticker price right off the bat because of the "high mileage" and I also
Qualified for the 3 months 1500$ waived payments. So all in all I think I did better than average
My experience at MB Broadway was exceptional the staff was great to deal with they really know how to treat you there.

Also this was the first car I've ever bought from a dealership so my expectations were pretty low as most other dealerships I had visited in the past usually don't take a young (24 yo) guy seriously when walking around the lot.
Posted via RS Mobile
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote