REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 11-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #26
RS controls my life!

he should make hell of a life his single lol
Advertisement
filth is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

"Pussy and religion is all I need"
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #28
RS controls my life!

how they say they live their life wrong, when you never fucked with the lights on? fucked with the lights on, fucked with the lights on, fucked with the lights on, fucked with the lights on
Old 11-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #29
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
what would you considered a good album? I would put this album in the ranks of many great rap albums
In the ranks of great rap albums? lol his debut album "the college dropout" shits on this 5 times over. Reasonable doubt, Illmatic, liquid swords, the big picture, ATLiens are all better than this album, and that's just from the top of my head. Maybe it seems like such a great rap album since every other album that released in mainstream was trash. I'll admit this, the production on this album is fucking amazing, but too many features, and lyrically isn't up there. Old Ye > New Ye all day
aliuu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #30
RS controls my life!

imo late registration is better than college drop out
Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #31
I STILL don't get it

I'm not going to disagree since LR was great as well and the both are pretty much on par, I just liked College Drop Out better because of Through the Wire, Two Words, and All Falls Down those three songs are memorable as fuck. His first 2-3 albums he released show what hes lyrically capable of (although hes not the best it's better than what hes showing right now).
Old 11-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

YEEZY TAUGHT YOU WELL
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by filth View Post
is it fergie rapping at the end of all of the lights? Fuck, that's the only part i hate on that song.

Ima cop this shit on vinyl too, swag.
Isn't that M.I.A?
Old 11-25-2010, 04:04 AM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
All of the lights has: Rihanna, Alicia Keys, John Legend, The-Dream, Fergie, Kid Cudi, Ryan Leslie, Charlie Wilson, Tony Williams, La Roux’s Elly Jackson, and Elton John.

It is Fergie rapping that one part.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:06 AM   #35
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
Complex does a behind the scenes feature on the album:
http://www.complex.com/CELEBRITIES/C...oject-runaway/

Shoulda had this song on over Monster:

reminds me of old kanye. too happy sounding too fit with the album though. but f, monster sucks.

Last edited by raygunpk; 11-25-2010 at 05:16 AM.
raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #36
RS controls my life!

monster goes hard, see me now wouldn't fit with the rest of the album.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #37
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliuu View Post
I'm not going to disagree since LR was great as well and the both are pretty much on par, I just liked College Drop Out better because of Through the Wire, Two Words, and All Falls Down those three songs are memorable as fuck. His first 2-3 albums he released show what hes lyrically capable of (although hes not the best it's better than what hes showing right now).
I agree. College Dropout is probably one of my favourite albums of the past decade. One of the few CDs I can listen all the way through without skipping a track. Hell, I even love the last track where he's mostly talking about his career. Late Registration is up there too. This album is good but I honestly don't think it even comes close to Kanye's first two albums. I might get flamed for this but I think this album is way overrated (97% on metacritic).
Vinny G is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #38

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
So glad he went back to his Rap hip hop roots for this shit, although not 100% but that's totally fine, album rocks.....
when I heard the beat drop for the first song Dark Fantasy, and I heard the beat drop that was a Wu Tang sample, I knew it was Hip Hop the rest of the way, and it hits hard....
the only thing annoys me is fuckin Nicky Minaj with her scream whisper style fuckin rapping or singing, or whatever the fuck she's doing... bitch it ain't cute, it ain't different, get over yourself

don't get me wrong though, I'd tap dat ass doggy all fckin night though she can make all the weird noises she wants too then, but bitch got no bizness ruining good fckin songs
Old 11-25-2010, 11:07 AM   #39
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny G View Post
I agree. College Dropout is probably one of my favourite albums of the past decade. One of the few CDs I can listen all the way through without skipping a track. Hell, I even love the last track where he's mostly talking about his career. Late Registration is up there too. This album is good but I honestly don't think it even comes close to Kanye's first two albums. I might get flamed for this but I think this album is way overrated (97% on metacritic).
This is exactly what I meant, I'm glad someone gets it. This album is FAR from perfect, I don't understand how you could put this over his first two albums when his first two albums were fucking amazing. When it comes down to the classic hip-hop albums in the last decade My Dark Twisted Fantasy won't be there, but College Drop Out and Late Registration will be. Also he should have put Looking For Trouble on instead of Monster, J.Cole's Verse >>>>
Old 11-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #40

Comparing his first two albums and THIS specific album isn't quite fair in my opinion. They're almost two different genres or style in rap. Its like comparing Jay-Z first album Reasonable Doubt to say Kingdome Come or Blueprint 3.

No one says its a perfect album but honestly album after album with Kanye just gets better. He's trying new things every album and it seems to be working.

IMO.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #41
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Kanye may be a douche, but his music is pretty good IMO. I love the part where he talks about the chicks pussy and he asks who renovated it LOL.
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #42
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
Kanye may be a douche, but his music is pretty good IMO. I love the part where he talks about the chicks pussy and he asks who renovated it LOL.
that was chris rock..
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliuu View Post
This is exactly what I meant, I'm glad someone gets it. This album is FAR from perfect, I don't understand how you could put this over his first two albums when his first two albums were fucking amazing. When it comes down to the classic hip-hop albums in the last decade My Dark Twisted Fantasy won't be there, but College Drop Out and Late Registration will be. Also he should have put Looking For Trouble on instead of Monster, J.Cole's Verse >>>>
Don't think you can exactly compare This to his first 2 because.........this one (to me) has become a full-on music album, not just a niche hip-hop album. But still I love the first two very much.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #44
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
i agree with aliuu that this album has been hyped a little too much. Don't get me wrong it'spretty good ..but i would definately not consider it one of the best hip-hop album ever...

Nothing will top College Dropout for Kayne

Last edited by twitchyzero; 11-29-2010 at 12:07 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #45
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

finally got a chance to listen to this album, i love it its dope.
happy i made the choice to buy it
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i agree with aliuu that this album has been hyped a little too much. Don't get me wrong it'spretty good ..but i would definately not consider it one of the best hip-hop album ever...

Nothing will top College Dropout for Kayne
Who the hell said that? Its not even close to any of his older albums. (808s doesn't count)
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #47
RS controls my life!

520k first week... not bad i guess considering this time and age and he had no radio single.