REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #51
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Well, its more complicated than it sounds.

Her and I were best friends, then we dated for awhile, now we're back to being best friends. She's an ex, but also a friend, which is why my gf understands, but I def know some girls who wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
I'm surprised she hasn't thrown your phone out the window.. My gf doesn't mind me having pictures of celebs and stuff.. but one time she freaked when she found an old picture of my ex on my comp that I forgot about.

I don't really get jealous.. For me it's more of a respect issue. Same deal, other way around; if she had a picture of Justin Timberlake, some underwear model or some shit, then who cares. But if it's a picture of an ex, then that's not right.

MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #52
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
How is it a lack of respect for people around you? Its YOUR phone, if they're looking at it, they're not respecting YOU. Its not creepy its human nature, time to grow up and get over it. If you don't like it, get the hell off his phone.
Posted via RS Mobile
What about kids? What do you think their parents would think? With the big screens and high-resolution Retina display....it's really not that hard to anyone to see what is on your screen without trying to creep.

Past:
Mercedes 2003 SLK 230
VW 2007 Rabbit MK5
Yuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #53
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuffa View Post
What about kids? What do you think their parents would think? With the big screens and high-resolution Retina display....it's really not that hard to anyone to see what is on your screen without trying to creep.
And in that kind of situation it's up to the owner/user just like with any kind of potentially problematic situation.

I teach ESL downtown, and our primary market is adults (20+), but every winter we get a kid or three. We have a TV at work that usually shows "fun" shows; CSI, criminal minds, Jerry/Maury and the like.

We had criminal minds on, and a person on the screen was being seduced on a balcony overlooking the water when a body began to float up. The channel was changed, much to the distress of my coworkers, until it was pointed out that the kids were in the room.

It's not about having it or not, it's about using it properly. My stepmom hates it when people say 'fuck' or 'shit' around her. She knows the words exist but she doesn't like them. So, I take them out of my vocabulary when I'm around.

When I'm out with people I call friends, why should I have to censor myself? Should I hold my phone away from everyone else for a minute while the screen goes black before putting it on the table on the fear that someone might be offended?

Fuck that.
Posted via RS Mobile
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #54
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Is it really necessary to get that worked up over a nude picture on your phone? Does it really mean that big of a deal to you to absolutely have that naked lady on every possible surface you come into contact with? Anyone can do whatever they please. People have different opinions. It's ok if you don't care what other people think.

Personally though, if I see a random guy with a nude picture as his wallpaper, I'm going to judge.

Past:
Mercedes 2003 SLK 230
VW 2007 Rabbit MK5
Yuffa is offline   Reply With Quote