REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 11-18-2010, 01:03 AM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Suspension Issue?

While driving down to the states, I didn't notice any problems at all. Once arriving back in Vancouver close to home, I noticed there was a squeeking sound everytime my car would go over the road (like, an alley where it's not smooth, not entirely bumpy, but just sorta, rugged?) and i would hear squeeking.

I've tried pressing down on all 4 sides of the car, its coming from the front, and seems to be loudest from the driver side..

My question is... is something broken? Any shop recommendations should I need to purchase new parts?

Thanks in advance everyone.

oh, and its a 98 civic coupe.
Advertisement
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Take it to any of the shop sponsors and let them diagnose the problem. It could be a multitude of things and can't really be fixed over the internet. It is best to get the shop to buy the parts, because then at least you know it is the correct remedy for the situation (vs just buying random parts that you didn't need anyways).
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Could be a lot of things. But if its coming from one corner, and it sounds a like a rusty old leaf spring moving the most common issue would be the lower ball joint has a tear in the boot and no grease left. Its going to fail, you need to have it replaced.

The only way you will know for sure is by checking yourself, or if your unable, take it to a shop.
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanks guys.

Today didn't really notice any squeeking while driving but still would like to check this out so that I have a piece of mind.. Can you point me to sponsors that specialize in this field? I live on Rupert and Grandview, so vancouver/burnaby is fine with me.

Thanks again!
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote