REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Suspension? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/630636-suspension.html)

jonwon 11-18-2010 07:08 PM

Suspension?

So, my class 5 road test is tomorrow and there's some issues that concern me. In the event that I don't pass I am quite scared that I will eventually be suspended after January 6th and the next earliest exam date would most likely be past that. Last January I received mail saying that I will be placed on driving probation because I got a ticket for contrary to restrictions (3 points) and no N sign (0 points). I received those tickets on June 2008 and March 2009. So, I disputed those and forgot to show up to court both times and I payed them off not long after my missed court dates. Then in March of this year, I got a ticket for disobeying traffic laws (3 points) because I was cruising with a buddy in North Van and entered a residential area and got kinda lost and went like 2 feet past a one way sign (this is at like 4am with no cars on the road what-so-ever and was not a dangerous action). As soon as I noticed I turned around right away and a camping cop pulled me over while I was in the process of turning around. My court date for the dispute is January 6th and if I lose the dispute (even though I shouldn't and it's fucking bullshit she ticketed me) will I be suspended? I am a safe driver and that's only two tickets worth points in the span of 2 years... so worried...

jlenko 11-18-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon (Post 7192461)
I am a safe driver

Yeah, clearly!

:rolleyes:

jonwon 11-19-2010 12:19 AM

Thanks for the helpful input... As I stated it was not a dangerous action and no one was around.
Posted via RS Mobile

yamahar6 11-19-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

So, my class 5 road test is tomorrow and there's some issues that concern me. In the event that I don't pass I am quite scared that I will eventually be suspended after January 6th and the next earliest exam date would most likely be past that. Last January I received mail saying that I will be placed on driving probation because I got a ticket for contrary to restrictions (3 points) and no N sign (0 points). I received those tickets on June 2008 and March 2009. So, I disputed those and forgot to show up to court both times and I payed them off not long after my missed court dates. Then in March of this year, I got a ticket for disobeying traffic laws (3 points) because I was cruising with a buddy in North Van and entered a residential area and got kinda lost and went like 2 feet past a one way sign (this is at like 4am with no cars on the road what-so-ever and was not a dangerous action). As soon as I noticed I turned around right away and a camping cop pulled me over while I was in the process of turning around. My court date for the dispute is January 6th and if I lose the dispute (even though I shouldn't and it's fucking bullshit she ticketed me) will I be suspended? I am a safe driver and that's only two tickets worth points in the span of 2 years... so worried...

you were on the road and so was the officer, one little mistake could have turned out worse.

Mr.Jay 11-19-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Then in March of this year, I got a ticket for disobeying traffic laws (3 points) because I was cruising with a buddy in North Van and entered a residential area and got kinda lost and went like 2 feet past a one way sign (this is at like 4am with no cars on the road what-so-ever and was not a dangerous action). As soon as I noticed I turned around right away and a camping cop pulled me over while I was in the process of turning around. My court date for the dispute is January 6th and if I lose the dispute (even though I shouldn't and it's fucking bullshit she ticketed me) will I be suspended? I am a safe driver and that's only two tickets worth points in the span of 2 years... so worried...

Thats against the law and you admit you did it so I don't understand how you think you are in the clear on that one.

Anyways now to actually help you

You can call into the courts and get your court date pushed back so you have ample room to get your class5. Also if you can't get a appointment to do the test than I advise you just show up and wait for no shows so you can take their place. (surprisingly this happens a lot. I did this and got a class5 test within 40 mins of waiting for a no show)

F30 11-19-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

How do you forget a court date? :thumbsup:
Not displaying "N", going against traffic on a one way street, a part of me screams *I am worried you won't get suspended*!

Perhaps it is time to own up to you mistakes and learn something from them, what's the downside?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jay (Post 7193194)
Thats against the law and you admit you did it so I don't understand how you think you are in the clear on that one.

Anyways now to actually help you

You can call into the courts and get your court date pushed back so you have ample room to get your class5. Also if you can't get a appointment to do the test than I advise you just show up and wait for no shows so you can take their place. (surprisingly this happens a lot. I did this and got a class5 test within 40 mins of waiting for a no show)

I want to second Mr.Jay's post, the number of no-shows is high. You should also pick an area familiar to you, pay attention to the 30km/hr signs that may be next to trees and a little harder to spot. Consider the environment, i.e. if you see a school far ahead, chances are...

Don't forget to show up for your test! ;)

jonwon 11-19-2010 12:51 PM

No worries, I passed it with flying colours :) I almost didn't make it in time and I had to rush out of my house with wet hair and I'm pretty sure I look like a fucking douche in the picture, but it's all good

yamahar6 11-19-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon (Post 7193611)
No worries, I passed it with flying colours :) I almost didn't make it in time and I had to rush out of my house with wet hair and I'm pretty sure I look like a fucking douche in the picture, but it's all good

congrats

jlenko 11-19-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon
No worries, I passed it with flying colours

Congratulations... now stop driving like you used to, or you'll just lose the licence you worked so hard to get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon
I'm pretty sure I look like a fucking douche in the picture

:thumbsup: atta boy!

netfreak 11-20-2010 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon (Post 7193611)

Ah who cares about the picture. Mine looks completely like a serial killer. Everyone who sees it comments on it.

MindBomber 11-20-2010 12:22 PM

Why didn't you just ask to use your old picture?

jonwon 11-20-2010 03:57 PM

wtf you can do that? is it too late for me to request that now?

300zxlover 12-13-2010 02:54 AM

I was actually screwed over, Went in for my class 5 to hear that they had a problem with the appointments and my name did not show up on their database. Was instructed to come in the next day but i borrowed my moms car for the day thinking ill get to do my road test, exactly a week passed as i also have to work, Guess what shows up in the mail Prohibation 3 months after 2 year of waiting now im looking at another 2 year wait last minute. I dont see a sence in the 2 year term renew iv served my time icbc i think its time to get your hands aways from my wallet its always about the $ at the end of the day. VPD is no better 2 examples of an officer that pull me over to tell me "i pulled you over cus your car is clean and shiny just like a drug dealer thats what we look for " its called a car wash, elbow grease and a wax its all racial profiling and stereotypes that officer need to lay off the movies and another excuse was "oh from far away you car looks like a corvette" i got nothing even close to a corvette. Cops these days :rolleyes:

Bainne 12-13-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 7194460)
Congratulations... now stop driving like you used to, or you'll just lose the licence you worked so hard to get.

:thumbsup: atta boy!

Given that his first offence was solely contained within his own vehicle, and did not present a danger or hazard to any other individuals on the road, how do you justify your statement that he is an unsafe driver?

Are you simply stereotyping, that an individual with their "N" is an unfit driver? Do you believe that magically changes when they get their full license?

CRS 12-13-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300zxlover (Post 7226157)
I was actually screwed over, Went in for my class 5 to hear that they had a problem with the appointments and my name did not show up on their database. Was instructed to come in the next day but i borrowed my moms car for the day thinking ill get to do my road test, exactly a week passed as i also have to work, Guess what shows up in the mail Prohibation 3 months after 2 year of waiting now im looking at another 2 year wait last minute. I dont see a sence in the 2 year term renew iv served my time icbc i think its time to get your hands aways from my wallet its always about the $ at the end of the day. VPD is no better 2 examples of an officer that pull me over to tell me "i pulled you over cus your car is clean and shiny just like a drug dealer thats what we look for " its called a car wash, elbow grease and a wax its all racial profiling and stereotypes that officer need to lay off the movies and another excuse was "oh from far away you car looks like a corvette" i got nothing even close to a corvette. Cops these days :rolleyes:

What tickets led to your suspension?

jlenko 12-13-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bainne (Post 7226255)
Given that his first offence was solely contained within his own vehicle, and did not present a danger or hazard to any other individuals on the road, how do you justify your statement that he is an unsafe driver?

Are you simply stereotyping, that an individual with their "N" is an unfit driver? Do you believe that magically changes when they get their full license?

My opinion is justified by his racking up the offenses listed in his very first post. Read his posts.. he clearly doesn't pay attention while driving. His latest ticket was for entering a one-way the wrong way, didn't even see the cop, and it's 4 in the morning? Wow.. someone needs to pay more attention or learn to drive properly.

I see plenty of good "N" drivers out there.. but I see loads of crappy ones too. 9 times out of 10, if there's a car weaving in and out of lanes, speeding relative to the flow of traffic, using the HOV lane for passing, talking or texting on a phone... it's got an "N" on the back.

Now losing his licence... clearly he's a perfect driver. Good to see karma still works! :rofl:

baggdis300 12-13-2010 02:19 PM

meh, i went with a court date the same day(got dismissed) and i have not heard anything from ICBC but when you go to court they may still decide to suspend you

happened to my buddy but whatever rather suspend with class 5 than N and go back to waiting for 2 years