REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
das not it mane
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wonderland
Posts: 1,879
Thanked 1,840 Times in 506 Posts
Suspension?

So, my class 5 road test is tomorrow and there's some issues that concern me. In the event that I don't pass I am quite scared that I will eventually be suspended after January 6th and the next earliest exam date would most likely be past that. Last January I received mail saying that I will be placed on driving probation because I got a ticket for contrary to restrictions (3 points) and no N sign (0 points). I received those tickets on June 2008 and March 2009. So, I disputed those and forgot to show up to court both times and I payed them off not long after my missed court dates. Then in March of this year, I got a ticket for disobeying traffic laws (3 points) because I was cruising with a buddy in North Van and entered a residential area and got kinda lost and went like 2 feet past a one way sign (this is at like 4am with no cars on the road what-so-ever and was not a dangerous action). As soon as I noticed I turned around right away and a camping cop pulled me over while I was in the process of turning around. My court date for the dispute is January 6th and if I lose the dispute (even though I shouldn't and it's fucking bullshit she ticketed me) will I be suspended? I am a safe driver and that's only two tickets worth points in the span of 2 years... so worried...
Advertisement
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
I am a safe driver
Yeah, clearly!

__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
das not it mane
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wonderland
Posts: 1,879
Thanked 1,840 Times in 506 Posts
Thanks for the helpful input... As I stated it was not a dangerous action and no one was around.
Posted via RS Mobile
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:02 AM   #4
I don't get it
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 403
Thanked 65 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
So, my class 5 road test is tomorrow and there's some issues that concern me. In the event that I don't pass I am quite scared that I will eventually be suspended after January 6th and the next earliest exam date would most likely be past that. Last January I received mail saying that I will be placed on driving probation because I got a ticket for contrary to restrictions (3 points) and no N sign (0 points). I received those tickets on June 2008 and March 2009. So, I disputed those and forgot to show up to court both times and I payed them off not long after my missed court dates. Then in March of this year, I got a ticket for disobeying traffic laws (3 points) because I was cruising with a buddy in North Van and entered a residential area and got kinda lost and went like 2 feet past a one way sign (this is at like 4am with no cars on the road what-so-ever and was not a dangerous action). As soon as I noticed I turned around right away and a camping cop pulled me over while I was in the process of turning around. My court date for the dispute is January 6th and if I lose the dispute (even though I shouldn't and it's fucking bullshit she ticketed me) will I be suspended? I am a safe driver and that's only two tickets worth points in the span of 2 years... so worried...
you were on the road and so was the officer, one little mistake could have turned out worse.
yamahar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Mr.Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancity
Posts: 1,314
Thanked 566 Times in 174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Then in March of this year, I got a ticket for disobeying traffic laws (3 points) because I was cruising with a buddy in North Van and entered a residential area and got kinda lost and went like 2 feet past a one way sign (this is at like 4am with no cars on the road what-so-ever and was not a dangerous action). As soon as I noticed I turned around right away and a camping cop pulled me over while I was in the process of turning around. My court date for the dispute is January 6th and if I lose the dispute (even though I shouldn't and it's fucking bullshit she ticketed me) will I be suspended? I am a safe driver and that's only two tickets worth points in the span of 2 years... so worried...

Thats against the law and you admit you did it so I don't understand how you think you are in the clear on that one.

Anyways now to actually help you

You can call into the courts and get your court date pushed back so you have ample room to get your class5. Also if you can't get a appointment to do the test than I advise you just show up and wait for no shows so you can take their place. (surprisingly this happens a lot. I did this and got a class5 test within 40 mins of waiting for a no show)
__________________
Spoiler!
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
F30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 285
Thanked 137 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
So, my class 5 road test is tomorrow and there's some issues that concern me. In the event that I don't pass I am quite scared that I will eventually be suspended after January 6th and the next earliest exam date would most likely be past that. Last January I received mail saying that I will be placed on driving probation because I got a ticket for contrary to restrictions (3 points) and no N sign (0 points). I received those tickets on June 2008 and March 2009. So, I disputed those and forgot to show up to court both times and I payed them off not long after my missed court dates. Then in March of this year, I got a ticket for disobeying traffic laws (3 points) because I was cruising with a buddy in North Van and entered a residential area and got kinda lost and went like 2 feet past a one way sign (this is at like 4am with no cars on the road what-so-ever and was not a dangerous action). As soon as I noticed I turned around right away and a camping cop pulled me over while I was in the process of turning around. My court date for the dispute is January 6th and if I lose the dispute (even though I shouldn't and it's fucking bullshit she ticketed me) will I be suspended? I am a safe driver and that's only two tickets worth points in the span of 2 years... so worried...
How do you forget a court date?
Not displaying "N", going against traffic on a one way street, a part of me screams *I am worried you won't get suspended*!

Perhaps it is time to own up to you mistakes and learn something from them, what's the downside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
Thats against the law and you admit you did it so I don't understand how you think you are in the clear on that one.

Anyways now to actually help you

You can call into the courts and get your court date pushed back so you have ample room to get your class5. Also if you can't get a appointment to do the test than I advise you just show up and wait for no shows so you can take their place. (surprisingly this happens a lot. I did this and got a class5 test within 40 mins of waiting for a no show)
I want to second Mr.Jay's post, the number of no-shows is high. You should also pick an area familiar to you, pay attention to the 30km/hr signs that may be next to trees and a little harder to spot. Consider the environment, i.e. if you see a school far ahead, chances are...

Don't forget to show up for your test!
__________________
2012 F30 328i Mineral Grey | Sport Line | Executive Package | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Dakota Leather | Trim Highlight Finishers Coral Red | Head-Up Display | Sport Suspension
2013 F25 xDrive28i Space Gray Metallic | Technology pkg | Premium pkg | Executive pkg | Satin Aluminum Roof Rails | Lights pkg | Head-Up Display
'05 Nissan Altima SER Silver (sold)
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
das not it mane
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wonderland
Posts: 1,879
Thanked 1,840 Times in 506 Posts
No worries, I passed it with flying colours I almost didn't make it in time and I had to rush out of my house with wet hair and I'm pretty sure I look like a fucking douche in the picture, but it's all good
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
I don't get it
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 403
Thanked 65 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
No worries, I passed it with flying colours I almost didn't make it in time and I had to rush out of my house with wet hair and I'm pretty sure I look like a fucking douche in the picture, but it's all good
congrats
yamahar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #9
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon
No worries, I passed it with flying colours
Congratulations... now stop driving like you used to, or you'll just lose the licence you worked so hard to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon
I'm pretty sure I look like a fucking douche in the picture
atta boy!
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:59 AM   #10
e-thugger*
 
netfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 2,523
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
No worries, I passed it with flying colours I almost didn't make it in time and I had to rush out of my house with wet hair and I'm pretty sure I look like a fucking douche in the picture, but it's all good
Ah who cares about the picture. Mine looks completely like a serial killer. Everyone who sees it comments on it.
__________________
Powered by alcohol rage.
96 Lincoln Towncar
92 Civic B16A (parted)
89 CRX D16Y7 swapped
netfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #11
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Why didn't you just ask to use your old picture?
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
das not it mane
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wonderland
Posts: 1,879
Thanked 1,840 Times in 506 Posts
wtf you can do that? is it too late for me to request that now?
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:54 AM   #13
I am Hook'd on RS
 
300zxlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 56
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was actually screwed over, Went in for my class 5 to hear that they had a problem with the appointments and my name did not show up on their database. Was instructed to come in the next day but i borrowed my moms car for the day thinking ill get to do my road test, exactly a week passed as i also have to work, Guess what shows up in the mail Prohibation 3 months after 2 year of waiting now im looking at another 2 year wait last minute. I dont see a sence in the 2 year term renew iv served my time icbc i think its time to get your hands aways from my wallet its always about the $ at the end of the day. VPD is no better 2 examples of an officer that pull me over to tell me "i pulled you over cus your car is clean and shiny just like a drug dealer thats what we look for " its called a car wash, elbow grease and a wax its all racial profiling and stereotypes that officer need to lay off the movies and another excuse was "oh from far away you car looks like a corvette" i got nothing even close to a corvette. Cops these days
300zxlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 114
Thanked 28 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
Congratulations... now stop driving like you used to, or you'll just lose the licence you worked so hard to get.



atta boy!
Given that his first offence was solely contained within his own vehicle, and did not present a danger or hazard to any other individuals on the road, how do you justify your statement that he is an unsafe driver?

Are you simply stereotyping, that an individual with their "N" is an unfit driver? Do you believe that magically changes when they get their full license?
Bainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #15
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zxlover View Post
I was actually screwed over, Went in for my class 5 to hear that they had a problem with the appointments and my name did not show up on their database. Was instructed to come in the next day but i borrowed my moms car for the day thinking ill get to do my road test, exactly a week passed as i also have to work, Guess what shows up in the mail Prohibation 3 months after 2 year of waiting now im looking at another 2 year wait last minute. I dont see a sence in the 2 year term renew iv served my time icbc i think its time to get your hands aways from my wallet its always about the $ at the end of the day. VPD is no better 2 examples of an officer that pull me over to tell me "i pulled you over cus your car is clean and shiny just like a drug dealer thats what we look for " its called a car wash, elbow grease and a wax its all racial profiling and stereotypes that officer need to lay off the movies and another excuse was "oh from far away you car looks like a corvette" i got nothing even close to a corvette. Cops these days
What tickets led to your suspension?
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainne View Post
Given that his first offence was solely contained within his own vehicle, and did not present a danger or hazard to any other individuals on the road, how do you justify your statement that he is an unsafe driver?

Are you simply stereotyping, that an individual with their "N" is an unfit driver? Do you believe that magically changes when they get their full license?
My opinion is justified by his racking up the offenses listed in his very first post. Read his posts.. he clearly doesn't pay attention while driving. His latest ticket was for entering a one-way the wrong way, didn't even see the cop, and it's 4 in the morning? Wow.. someone needs to pay more attention or learn to drive properly.

I see plenty of good "N" drivers out there.. but I see loads of crappy ones too. 9 times out of 10, if there's a car weaving in and out of lanes, speeding relative to the flow of traffic, using the HOV lane for passing, talking or texting on a phone... it's got an "N" on the back.

Now losing his licence... clearly he's a perfect driver. Good to see karma still works!
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #17
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delta
Posts: 864
Thanked 47 Times in 36 Posts
meh, i went with a court date the same day(got dismissed) and i have not heard anything from ICBC but when you go to court they may still decide to suspend you

happened to my buddy but whatever rather suspend with class 5 than N and go back to waiting for 2 years
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net