REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:05 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

So what if there was no video?

Sory to thread jack, but I'm also asking for my own case. I was pretty pissed about the ticket, given that the officer said I put it on after I saw her.

I think it was just a mistake on the officer's part ( i was wearing something that was pretty much the same colour.) But I don't wanna get screwed.
Advertisement
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #27
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Proper notes on the Officer's part will list things like...colour of strap, colour of clothing, if the cross strap was visible (away from the body), if the belt came from the seat back or door pillar, driver's actions (did he/she move around, pull the belt on while in view?), was the cross strap in the armpit, how far away was the vehicle, what windows did you use to see the driver...that sort of thing.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Proper notes on the Officer's part will list things like...colour of strap, colour of clothing, if the cross strap was visible (away from the body), if the belt came from the seat back or door pillar, driver's actions (did he/she move around, pull the belt on while in view?), was the cross strap in the armpit, how far away was the vehicle, what windows did you use to see the driver...that sort of thing.
U raised a questino I've always had - is it illegal to have the belt under the armpit?

Also, what if my arm was covering it? I think she dinged me 'cuz at the time I was reaching my right arm to scratch my shoulder, and given the color of my clothes at the time in relations to the belt, it may have looked like I wasn't wearing one.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #29
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Improper wearing of the belt. it must be properly adjusted and securely fastened...the shoulder strap in the armpit does not meet this requirement legally and safety wise. In the crashes I investigated, It drives the shattererd ribs into the heart, among other things....instead of safely restraining the torso.

220 (4) A person in a motor vehicle being driven or operated on a highway must, if the motor vehicle has properly attached to it a seat belt assembly for the seating position occupied by that person, wear the complete seat belt assembly in a properly adjusted and securely fastened manner.

Part 2 of your question...depends on the evidence given.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #30

then it'd be against me then =(

There was for sure no video/photo evidence. If the PO really wanted to, they can just use any excuse. -siiiiiigh-