REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 11-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
m86
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Key Jam 2003 Honda Civic Si

Hi, I wasn't too sure where to post this question...I hope it's here.

Anyways, today, I put the key in the ignition and the key wouldn't start the car. What I mean is...the engine wasn't even trying to turn on. Nothing was happening. Then I tried taking out the key and I couldn't pull it out. I played around with it for a short bit, then finally the key came out. I put the key back in and turned toward the ignition and it was finally trying to start...but this time the start up took a tad bit longer than usual. My key had rain drops on it, could that have contributed to this?

This is my first car and I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

MAKE: Honda Civic SI
MILEAGE: 65,7XXkms
TRANSMISSION: Automatic

Any insight would be great. Thanks everyone =).
Advertisement
m86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
:d

Maybe your steering mechanism was locked. This has happened to me a couple of times, i usually make sure the steering wheel is straight before i turn off the car. Put the car in park, pull up the e brake and move the steering wheel back and forth until the steering wheel mech unlocks. This should do the trick, if not then it must be something else.
xnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
m86
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Thanks bro, I'll check that out when I get in the car next time.
m86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
How worn out is the key?

It could be so worn out that it's not releasing all the tumblers in the lock cylinder. I always get pissed if I see my GF hanging a bunch of crap off her keychain.

If the key is worn, replace it at the dealership using the VIN.

If it's not an issue with the key, there might be an issue with the ignition switch itself.

GL.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote