REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 11-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

a good mid-island tailor for my tuxedo/suit?

i have a Dolce and Gabbana tuxedo/suit and i am going to need it alter'd a little bit and i was wondering if anyone knows of any good tailors to bring it to ... i dont want to bring it to a store like tiptop , moores or the mall... its worth a decent amount and i dont want them messing it up

any help would be great
Advertisement
Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I asked this in a similar thread a few months ago but didn't get any mid-island results. I've gone to Tip Top Tailors so far myself.

It's the only place I've been though so I don't know if it's a ripoff or not really.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
B&S Sexy mod

I wasn't aware anyone wore suits north of the malahat!
Dont take my word for it, but I would think a tailor at a dedicated suit shop like moores or tip top would probably be your best bet since their tailors alter suits for a living (for areas outside of victoria where the suit market isn't nearly as big). Unless you can find one of those little one-man operations. Good luck on the hunt
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo911_ View Post
I wasn't aware anyone wore suits north of the malahat!
Dont take my word for it, but I would think a tailor at a dedicated suit shop like moores or tip top would probably be your best bet since their tailors alter suits for a living (for areas outside of victoria where the suit market isn't nearly as big). Unless you can find one of those little one-man operations. Good luck on the hunt
Actually, Moores and Tip Top booth suck at alterations. Each of them have totally butchered pants for me in the past.

I generally go to the alteration place in Canwest, but there are lots of people who do alterations out of their home, and are fairly good at it.
1965 Chevrolet Nova SS - BBC powered gasser in the making.
1963 Acadian Beaumont Convertible - My silver on red baby.
ostampflee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
Sick motherfucker mod

The alteration place within Hillside beside the Shoppers did my suit and did an awesome job. I know that doesn't help you Avery, but I say find a mom and pop type store and get it done.
rental_metard is offline   Reply With Quote