REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #26
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
My only question is why he wasn't given a ticket for contrary to restrictions, carrying extra passengers. It sounds like he actually got off pretty lucky.
Advertisement
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #27
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^If he "got off" with a criminal charge of refusing to provide a sample then I wouldn't call that getting off easy.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #28
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatune View Post
^If he "got off" with a criminal charge of refusing to provide a sample then I wouldn't call that getting off easy.
The officer could have been more stern though...

Like giving him driving contrary to restrictions rather than not displaying N and have more points on his license.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #29
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Are you suggesting 3 points on his license is worse than a criminal charge, 24 hr suspension + 90 day ADP, time in criminal court and a criminal record? Not to mention numerous fines and penalties involving towing, impound, license fee etc.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Are you suggesting 3 points on his license is worse than a criminal charge, 24 hr suspension + 90 day ADP, time in criminal court and a criminal record? Not to mention numerous fines and penalties involving towing, impound, license fee etc.
Bainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #31
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
Hey guys so last night me and a couple friends were on our way home from a friends house party, and just our luck we got pulled over because kids were out blowing firecrackers in the near by neighborhood and they were randomly pulling people over i guess. Long story short my friend had been drinking, but was nowhere near being drunk and the officer asked for him to blow in the breathlyzer, however he refused and in the end did not provide a reading. He has his N, and was given a ticket for failure to provide a breath sample, and having no N sign on the car. He was given a 24hr suspension, and took away the car for 24 hrs as well.

Now my question is what are the chances of beating this charge since he didnt provide a breath sample? Also will my friend lose his license for 3 months?

thanks in advance.
"Friend" had been drinking...

Why would you or "your buddy" even dispute something like this?

If you're caught red handed, you're caught red handed. Man up and smarten up.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #32
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
I'm saying in addition to the criminal charge and everything you mentioned, he could have added contrary to restrictions instead of no N sign. So it is like a very thin silver lining.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #33
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Your friend is screwed.
The only thing he can do at this point is bend over, spread his legs and try to lube and relax, 'cuz it's gonna hurt like a sonofabitch when the court gives it to him up the ass.

He would've been better off blowing on the datamaster.

And on a sidenote, please don't try to make it out like you guys were innocent. Just makes you all look like dumbass.

oh and BTW, prepare to show up yourselves and explain why you'd get in a car with an N drive with no N and was drinking.

Good luck!
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Damn, I love this forum...

Thank you, new laws. I haven't laughed this hard in.. well.. a couple of days of reading this forum, actually..
Old 12-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #35
I bringith the lowerballerith

Fortunately for the driver in the OP's story, it sounds like the police officer did not use the new laws. If he had, the vehicle would have been impounded for 30 days, he would have been given the 90 day driving prohibition right on the spot, all on top of a Criminal charge of refusing to provide a breath sample.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote