REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Euro Tech Resources

Euro Tech Resources All Euros (VW, BMW, Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc) Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 12-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

MKV Gti with APR Stage 1 flash cutting out under higher RPMs

I was hoping someone might have experience with an issue I have been faced with. I did the APR stage 1 flash on my 2007 Gti about 7 months ago and have found that when giving it more gas at around 4000 rpms it feels like it hiccups and the fuel is cut off. Ive tried this on the 91 octane and 93 octane programs and this occurs to both. This does not occur while in stock mode. Some people have suggested that a high pressure fuel pump is needed, but before spending $1000 on one from APR I want to make sure I can pinpoint this problem exactly, anyone have experience and/or know how to diagnose this or know someone who would? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
98blklude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Sounds like it could be hesitation due to spark plugs that are too hot now due to the extra boost. Are you running colder plugs?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Need my Daily Fix of RS

No, I havent changed the plugs since Ive flashed it. I didnt even consider this as a possible cause, I will look into it. Anyone else have any suggestions or know a good place to get this diagnosed?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Do you have a boost gauge? If you're going to be upping boost, I highly recommend getting one as you'll be able to see if you're holding boost or leaking somewhere.

Is your diverter valve stock? Not sure how good the newer VW OEM ones are but mine was pretty useless after a bit. I run REVO 94oct programming on the wife's A4 with 1-step colder copper plugs and a Hyperboost DV.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I dont have a boost guage, but I know Im not leaking boost. Yea my DV is stock, thats something Ive considered as well that might need to be replaced. I just dont want to be replacing the wrong parts with no results.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I ran 91 program as a daily driver with no problems and I had exhuast.. try switching it back to stock program and see if it chokes.. is the Check engine light on? sounds like sympton when cel is on... when you switch prgrams make sure it cycles fully prior to starting the car..opps guess i replied bit late

Im Zexxed up!

Thrilltherapist

my feedback
Princeallure is offline   Reply With Quote