REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 08-28-2017, 10:49 AM   #3051
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

yup i definitely thought he was going down
Advertisement
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #3052
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
The trial with Lord Baelish was SO satisfying to watch.
That storyline with the sisters was stupid, imo.

The ending was basically Bran telling both sisters what happened, Sansa bringing all the northern lords together, and having Bran explain it all. The whole cat and mouse game was such a waste of on screen time that could've been devoted to longer battle scenes, Tyrion/Jaime/Cersei conversations, or some Sir Bronn of Blackwater/Podrick the Rodrick shenanigans. They could've easily wrapped this up a few episodes ago when Bran did the whole "Chaos is a ladder" quote to Littlefinger, and ending with him being sentenced during the same episode.

They tried to make it seem like the sisters were ridiculously smart and could out think Littlefinger, but all they did was use a fog of war cheat.

The knees to Theon's non-existent junk was a nice touch.

[edit] The whole "You stand accused of murder. You stand accused of treason. How do you answer these charges ........................... LORD BAELISH" was so juvenile. It's like they think they got one over us.

Last edited by Ch28; 08-28-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2017, 05:03 PM   #3053
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
That storyline with the sisters was stupid, imo.

The ending was basically Bran telling both sisters what happened, Sansa bringing all the northern lords together, and having Bran explain it all. The whole cat and mouse game was such a waste of on screen time that could've been devoted to longer battle scenes, Tyrion/Jaime/Cersei conversations, or some Sir Bronn of Blackwater/Podrick the Rodrick shenanigans. They could've easily wrapped this up a few episodes ago when Bran did the whole "Chaos is a ladder" quote to Littlefinger, and ending with him being sentenced during the same episode.

They tried to make it seem like the sisters were ridiculously smart and could out think Littlefinger, but all they did was use a fog of war cheat.

[edit] The whole "You stand accused of murder. You stand accused of treason. How do you answer these charges ........................... LORD BAELISH" was so juvenile. It's like they think they got one over us.
The thing that I thought was stupid was that they didn't give the viewers any obvious clues (except maybe for sending Brienne away, but Sansa has done stupid things before) that the Starks were actually conspiring against Baelish. They just seemed to stupidly go along with it, so we were basically seeing it from his perspective. Everything they did could plausibly be explained by the bad writing that has been evident throughout this whole season, and that in itself is bad writing.

They tried to make it this big reveal in the end, but by that time you were so annoyed with the storyline that you wanted to get it overwith, or you were just waiting for them to FINALLY confirm that they knew what was going on.

IMO Bran didn't "spoil" the whole thing - he basically just confirmed it for them. Maybe I'm wrong about that though
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:30 PM   #3054

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Seems like a lot of shit has to go down next season I wonder how many episodes it will be.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:42 PM   #3055
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
The audience was the only thing that was spoiled. I feel like we've taken our standards way to high to a point where we are considering Game of Thrones at a movie production budget when they're making it for television.

We know Jon Snow isn't going to die. How is this different to anything else?

Same goes with Jon Snow's reveal. No way to show it without Bran. Even with Sam's discovery. I'm just enjoying the ride and watching it.

Or I'd be questioning on how the hell a wall that size creates no rubble at all and there's a large flat ground for the dead to walk across? lol
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:42 PM   #3056

I am thinking we'll see Rhi'lor, the Lord of the Light in the next season. At least that's who I assume the Hound was talking about when he told Zombie Gregor that "he's coming for you"
Old 08-28-2017, 08:14 PM   #3057

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
...I feel like we've taken our standards way to high to a point where we are considering Game of Thrones at a movie production budget when they're making it for television....
It's not TV. It's HBO.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #3058
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I am thinking we'll see Rhi'lor, the Lord of the Light in the next season. At least that's who I assume the Hound was talking about when he told Zombie Gregor that "he's coming for you"
Doubt it, considering the Cleganes believe in the Gods of the Seven (Faith of the Seven). R'hllor is only practiced in Essos, with the exception of a few that have come over to Westeros (BoB, red priests/priestesses)

I took that as Sandor telling Gregor that he's coming for him
Old 08-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #3059
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post

That part made me laugh. Is like if you knee the guy once in the balls and he is not on the floor rolling, he got no balls why keep kneeing him lol. Theon's reaction is pretty funny too. Just stares at the guy after being knee to the balls like "Yea bitch I am balless what you going to do?"
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:29 PM   #3060
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
if white walkers can't swim...who chained the dead dragon in the water while they all pulled it out after?.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:26 AM   #3061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
if white walkers can't swim...who chained the dead dragon in the water while they all pulled it out after?.
They didn't swim, they walked on the ground
Old 08-29-2017, 06:22 AM   #3062

Quote:
ya i was wondering what white water scuba team did that

maybe they went down with the chains (where'd they get those from?) and tied them up, then climbed back up the chains or just stayed at the bottom of the lake

lol come on, there's an ice dragon, all common sense has gone out the window
Old 08-29-2017, 07:20 AM   #3063
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
but the issue is we know that white walkers/wights cant swim ever since hardhome, its their weakness, so it makes zero sense for them to be able to chain viserion up from underwater

we know logic has gone out the window, but now its consistency also
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:13 AM   #3064
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

So umm.. what does the night king/white walkers want?
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:26 AM   #3065
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperfied View Post
So umm.. what does the night king/white walkers want?
they spent like a quarter of an episode on this bruh

created to get rid of men. ends up trying to get rid of anything alive.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2017, 10:09 AM   #3066
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
We have to possibly wait till 2019 or later for the conclusion. Maybe I'll forget all the plot holes and consistency issues by then...
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:39 AM   #3067

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
but the issue is we know that white walkers/wights cant swim ever since hardhome, its their weakness, so it makes zero sense for them to be able to chain viserion up from underwater

ya i agree...then they shouldn't have had it smash through the ice. could have easily just had it crash onto land

more dramatic i guess to see it break through the ice, then have them work as a massive army to pull it out of the water
Old 08-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #3068
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post

and conveniently they just had a set of dragon chains with them too which they forged with fire because you know that makes perfect sense too lol

Or perhaps Gendry did some side work for the WW's and made for them while he was away for all that time.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #3069
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
they spent like a quarter of an episode on this bruh

created to get rid of men. ends up trying to get rid of anything alive.
Kind of wondered about this too. So whats the end goal. What if they conquer all living thing s. What then. Do they all just kind of mill about for all of eternity?
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:37 PM   #3070
i like gifs

Quote:
if white walkers can't swim...then how did pop up to pull Tormund into the water?
Old 08-29-2017, 07:48 PM   #3071
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:02 PM   #3072
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
So what does the "ice dragon" breathe? Fire or ice? If it's ice shouldn't it strengthen the wall instead of breaking it?
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:26 AM   #3073

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
If two icebergs collide they both usually break, and one breaks worse than the other. Just saying.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:55 AM   #3074
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
If two icebergs collide they both usually break, and one breaks worse than the other. Just saying.
True but isn't this more like taking nitrogen to a block of ice? Fuck i don't know science was not my thing haha

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:09 PM   #3075
I came, I saw, I conquered.

It clearly breathes blue fire.