REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 12-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

SFU question

Hello,

I am currently in gr12, and the term 1 report cards are out. My 4 courses in school right now are Math, English, Biology, and Geography with an average of 83.75%. I want to apply to SFU business/arts. My problem is I took history last year during school, and ended up with a 74%, so I decided to re-take it online this year. However, I am not finished 50% of the course yet, so therefore VLN cannot give me an interim mark. Is it possible to still use my history online to apply? I know my history mark will boost my average up.

Thanks in Advance
Advertisement
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
A couple years ago when I submitted we only told them what are estimate grades were... We didn't send a report of marks in, we only entered them online. Then I believe They verify it at the end of the year? Just call a rep and ask to be sure though.
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

When I applied for SFU last year, they only looked at our interim reports. They didn't even look at our final grades. VLN will only submit your marks if you finish 50% of the course, so since you didn't finish 50% of it, they wont be submitting your marks, and therefor, SFU will not be seeing your history online marks.

This does not mean that your history online mark will be pointless, this only means that SFU wont be seeing it when they are considering you for their fall semester entrance. You can apply for their spring semester, and at that time, I assume you will have your history online completed (which means your average will be higher) and they'll be able to see your new marks and accept you.

I know all this because I took English online last year, while a friend of mine was sort of in your situation and will be attending SFU in the upcoming semester.
A.Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #4

I am self-reporting my grades right now. Should I include my last year's history mark (74%)? or don't put history in since I am re-taking it online.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
if ur applying for sfu, sfu mainly looks at ur term 1 marks after that u just maintain it, i would not put down your last year`s marks if its going to seriously drop you, a friend of mine is also taking history online and he is whipping thru the course atm trying to finish all the assignments, so he can make it for term 1, basically if u feel confident for ur online mark i would not recommend u submit ur marks until ur history is done so that you can put ur online history mark instead...
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #6

The deadline for early applications for SFU is March right? If I self-report my English,Math,Bio12,Geo mark right now, can I submit/self-report my History online mark ( if I am done 50% before March).
Old 12-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gYU View Post
The deadline for early applications for SFU is March right? If I self-report my English,Math,Bio12,Geo mark right now, can I submit/self-report my History online mark ( if I am done 50% before March).
wat exactly is the deal with the 50% thing for online courses? is it basically like, when ur done half of the homework assignments, and uve done half of the tests?
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #8

^ 50% means finish 50% of the course(including midterm) and then I am allowed to use it to apply..