REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 03-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #51
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
I just finished it, only took 12 hours,

dont want to spoil it for anyone, but there is VERY little dialoge,
there is very little romancing,
loop holes everywhere,
and all the decisions you make in the first 2 games become irrelevant because the games story is almost set in stone aside from a few little choices you can make,

I remember reading early interviews from bioware devs, that said all the choices will have a dire effect, in fact there was zero effect.

even if you have multiple romances in the previous games, none of that shit gets addressed, just a few dialogue boxes. (which one do you chose?)

and the ending is always the same,

The entire time I was playing the game I was like, where is all the dialogue? where is all the story? where is all the reference from the previous games? where are all the little side datapads/emails that reveal past secrets of the game/story? why isnt this game tieing up any loose ends from the previous ones?

nothing,

in fact when I finished it the ending seemed so shitty, that I figured I had definitly missed something.

but alas, upon looking at the bioware forums, there are 100,000 people who feel the same way.

the Dev's didnt seem to care at all about the story / lore of the mass effect franchise

Bioware ruined the mass effect with this game, my recommendation is dont buy, just torrent it, severe waste of money.
Advertisement

Last edited by Glove; 03-06-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #52
RabidMod

Thanked 1,100 Times in 408 Posts
^ Wow. Thanks for that.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #53
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
lol mass effect games dont really hold value anyways

alot of people just beat it once and resell.

should be seeing it on craigslist for 30-35$ soon
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #54
I STILL don't get it

Didnt EA/Bioware release "DownloadableContent" before even the game was released?!

The DLC contain key plots in the game story.
To get the DLC, you either get the collectors edition of the game ($20) or the download it on the day of launch on the regular edition for ($10).

So they create a full game, cut part of it out and sell that part as downloadable content for more money.
This was on LAUNCH DAY!!
It would be fair if it was few months later, where they work on the content after the release.

Not going to support EA on this one!!
bobola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #55
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
I just finished it, only took 12 hours,

dont want to spoil it for anyone, but there is VERY little dialoge,
there is very little romancing,
loop holes everywhere,
and all the decisions you make in the first 2 games become irrelevant because the games story is almost set in stone aside from a few little choices you can make,

I remember reading early interviews from bioware devs, that said all the choices will have a dire effect, in fact there was zero effect.

even if you have multiple romances in the previous games, none of that shit gets addressed, just a few dialogue boxes. (which one do you chose?)

and the ending is always the same,

The entire time I was playing the game I was like, where is all the dialogue? where is all the story? where is all the reference from the previous games? where are all the little side datapads/emails that reveal past secrets of the game/story? why isnt this game tieing up any loose ends from the previous ones?

nothing,

in fact when I finished it the ending seemed so shitty, that I figured I had definitly missed something.

but alas, upon looking at the bioware forums, there are 100,000 people who feel the same way.

the Dev's didnt seem to care at all about the story / lore of the mass effect franchise

Bioware ruined the mass effect with this game, my recommendation is dont buy, just torrent it, severe waste of money.
I don't see any threads that voice your same concern (this is in the BioWare forums, Mass Effect General Discussion - there is no main Mass Effect 3 forums). The only main topic being discussed is the fact that DLC was released on Day 1 etc.

12 hours is pretty damn fast, did you do all the quests etc.?
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #56

Lol perhaps you shouldnt be playing games if you cant even find the mass effect 3 forum... When its on the main page...

Yes i did everyquest
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #57
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
buys rpg game
finishes it the same day
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #58
I don't get it

Is it even a RPG? Even the 2nd one seemed more like Gears of War than Mass Effect 1. I haven't played 3 but I wouldn't be surprised if they continued that kind of game.
hotshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #59
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Lol perhaps you shouldnt be playing games if you cant even find the mass effect 3 forum... When its on the main page...

Yes i did everyquest
Posted via RS Mobile
I dont believe you at all, im at 10 hours of game play and am not even half way through it. in fact after re-reading your other post I dont even think you put the game in your console.

I think ME3 is very polished, I have enjoyed every moment of it. Haven't tried insane difficulty yet but I have yet to play on anything lower then hard and its been a few deaths here and there. Im playing as a vanguard as well.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?

Last edited by bloodmack; 03-07-2012 at 03:37 PM.
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #60
RabidMod

For those of you who have a copy of ME3, have you tried multiplayer yet? How is it?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #61
Prince of the Apes

its like gears of war horde mode
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #62
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:

Yes i did everyquest
Posted via RS Mobile
Oh I didn't look at the main Bioware forum. Only checked the ME section since it included 1 + 2 (assuming including 3 would make sense). Too bad, still playing games

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
I dont believe you at all, im at 10 hours of game play and am not even half way through it. in fact after re-reading your other post I dont even think you put the game in your console.

I think ME3 is very polished, I have enjoyed every moment of it. Haven't tried insane difficulty yet but I have yet to play on anything lower then hard and its been a few deaths here and there. Im playing as a vanguard as well.
I agree. 12 hours is amazingly short and I've been enjoying every moment of it. I'm playing on insanity and it's annoying at times because I just want to get a level done, but it reminds me of times when old video games were hard as fuck by default.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #63
I STILL don't get it

I'm 7 hours in and I don't think i'm even halfway done the game.

Theres a lot of background info with all the different races and whatnot. I'm assuming you just skipped the dialogues and didn't eavesdrop on any random convos etc. Also some of the characters are quite humorous
bakasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #64
RabidMod

Well fuck guys, should I buy the game or not?!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #65
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
mid to low 90's across all reviews...another strong goty contender so i'd say yes
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #66
Prince of the Apes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
Well fuck guys, should I buy the game or not?!
for sure man. if you like action, hot aliens and being a good or bad guy whenever the fuck you want. Buy this game :P
Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #67

why not read the bioware forums before you buy it?

I played it on PC not console.

all those side "conversations" are just war assets, no I didnt listen to any of them, just whip through the whole citadel, whip through all the planets and collect all the artifacts, then just whip back through the citadel, done, none of those conversations have anything to do with the story at all.

also, use sniper rifles, they are OP in the game, one hit kill everything.

Trust me once you get half way through the game it starts getting real gay, real quick.

there are no environments to walk around, just citadel and normandy,

the entire game can be summed up in,

step one, run through entire citadel to get all the artifact quests,

step 2 run through all planets and get all artifacts (hint, when the reapers come after you for scanning too much, just keep going in and out of the system over and over until you spawn right next to the artifact, no need to leave and come back)

step 3, do all quests one at a time, they are all pretty much run in a straight line shooting anyway.

done,

optional step, choose love interest, no dialoge, just simply pick which one you want, and have 1 love scene with them before the last mission.

also if you guys have actually played the first 2 games and imported your characters, have you noticed that all the choices you made have had zero effect in this one yet?

kill council or save council, doesnt matter, same council is still there,
give udina or anderson counsilman, doesnt matter, udina becomes counselor.
kill or save rachni queen? doesnt matter, rachni queen there anyway,
renegade or paragon? doesnt matter, ending and dialogue options stay the same,
killed or saved wrex? doesnt matter, the same dialogue and galactic options are there,
killed or saved kaiden or ashley?, doesnt fuckin matter, same dialogue.

ect ect.

every decision made in the previous games have no bearing on this one whatsoever, except for a few different dialogue options, the story remains unaffected.

a person playing mass effect 3 for the first time, would have the same experience as a person who played the first 2, because nothing mattered in the first 2.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #68
R&R
I STILL don't get it

Anyone else encounter this problem yet? I'm stuck orbiting the krogan planet I can't seem to land on it tho I got 3 mission's for that planet but can't choose any of them.
TIA
Posted via RS Mobile
R&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #69
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #70
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
Ending was pretty damn bad... Lots of variables dictate the ending, but the outcome of those decisions are lacking. However, I still enjoyed the game. Multiplayer is pretty damn addicting!
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #71
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

thank god i asked my friend to buy it for me at EA.. cost $20 bux trade in back for $25 when finish
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #72
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
just beat mass effect one

took 40 hours

i read/collected preety much everything

did all side quests i could besides the collection missions

was highly dissapointed

beat the game and didnt get the achievements for completing majority of the game + completing the majority of the game with the same character.. WTF!!! i stuck with kaidan from the beggining too and got FUCKED

preety sure its glitched

fuck wasted so much time to , if i knew that wouldof happened i wouldof just stuck with the main storyline and saved myself 12+ hours

i went to EVERY planet and surveyed every planet

harsh waste of time

onto mass effect 2 now lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #73
PRINCESS

Customer got me collectors edition version as a surprise gift yayayayayayayay
Never really liked shooting games but loving this one
I think it's worth the money (although I got mine as a gift)
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #74
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I was contemplating the other day on whether I should start playing mass effect
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #75
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Just finished ME3 tonight. I did every available side mission and my game play was around 25-26 hours long.

The final mission took close to 2 hours to complete. Make sure you save often cause there was a couple of really rough spots. There was one part where you had to take on 5 brutes *_*
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote