REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   So...I met this girl... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/632643-so-i-met-girl.html)

Richmond69er 12-13-2010 04:08 AM

So...I met this girl...

Asked her out. all is well.

Matlock 12-13-2010 04:23 AM

Just do it!! /thread
Posted via RS Mobile

v.Rossi 12-13-2010 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richmond69er (Post 7226198)
I know your all thinking she likes me and i should ask her out. but its hard to get a read on her, i dont know how to explain it but... its just hard to read her lol. but anyways im thinking about getting her a christmas gift that plays on one of our inside jokes (its not expensive etc its around 20$) do you think its appropriate to give her a "present" or should i just not bother... lol

what am i to make of this situation

not to burst your bubble but i'm not thinking that. you're off to a decent start, but i wouldn't assume she likes you. it's too early to tell.

of course it's hard to get a read on her, you're not Xavier or something. the only form of communication you guys really have is through facebook, and two hours of class. Within those times she could be putting on her best act. you want to know read her, take her out on a date.

lastly, to answer your question. no, you should not give her the gift.

you two have just been chatting over facebook, and you're willing to spoil her with gifts already? i don't care if it's $20 or $2000. you guys aren't dating, 20 bucks now will escalate into a greater amount to the next gift in the future, my prediction.

women love gifts, who doesn't? but buying gifts is another form of begging. what you're really trying to do is buy her interest level higher, the fact that it's an inside joke gift makes you think it'll be that much more sentimental.

also since christmas is coming up gifts makes it that much more predictable really.

don't buy the gift save the $20, use it to pay for the first date instead. make the date over the phone not over facebook. decrease the facebook messages and lessen the communication, and in no time the girl should be in the palm of your hands.

this shouldn't be a problem for you i hope, mister bootcamp

Richmond69er 12-13-2010 06:06 AM

Hahahahahha you made my q sound so stupid hahaha. But in all reality reading that out loud made me realize what a dumbass about it all I'm being lol
Posted via RS Mobile

6793026 12-13-2010 10:10 AM

gifts are gay
just be her good friend, party with her and just ask her out with beers with your friend. THEN go on from there

way way way too early for gifts.. oh wait... sorry, i shoudl ask how old you are first.

Presto 12-13-2010 10:24 AM

Ask her out as soon as you can. Friendzone is like quicksand. If you don't act fast, you're going to sink into it, and get stuck. It's damn hard to get out.

v.Rossi 12-13-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 7226358)
gifts are gay
just be her good friend, party with her and just ask her out with beers with your friend. THEN go on from there

way way way too early for gifts.. oh wait... sorry, i shoudl ask how old you are first.

I wouldn't ask her out with beers, she may be old fashioned or just plain think you're an alcoholic. Give her a classy first impression first over coffee or something. Some short cheap date, then go in for a kiss at the end of it all. You'll know where you stand depending on her reaction. But during that date find out if she likes to drink, take all that into consideration for the next date.
Posted via RS Mobile

busdriverman 12-13-2010 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
nuff said

Greenstoner 12-13-2010 11:02 AM

how about just a x'mas card....

-EuroRSN- 12-13-2010 11:15 AM

ya dude fuck facebook, start hanging out with her more and take her out. Read her body language and see how she interacts with u. Be careful not to get into the friends zone as someone said it could happen fast.

Just remember if the opportunity comes seal the deal right away or u may miss it

hirevtuner 12-13-2010 04:06 PM

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/im...go-2009-lg.jpg

dealt 12-13-2010 09:37 PM

v.rossi hit it right on the head.

To add to his comment; when you are asking her on a date (on the phone of course), make sure YOU set the DAY & TIME. That shows confidence and girls go crazy for that. None of this, "Hey are you free on the weekend???" bullshit. If she accepts the date, great! She's probably into you. If she makes excuses of not wanting to meet ie: "that day doesn't work for me" or "how about another time?", chances are she's not.

Don't bother buying the xmas gift, you 2 aren't going out...yet :) You can let her know you saw this gift that reminded you of her in a teasing/joking manner.

freakshow 12-13-2010 11:56 PM

:eek1: Oh no! not a Christmas gift! You just like totally ended your chances there bro! :rolleyes:

gimmie a break.. buying her a gift will not be the end of the world. It doesn't mean that you'll fall into some dark pit of gift giving, and end up having to buy her purses because you knocked her up.
The truth is that it's hard for any of us to answer accurately because what you do depends on the girl's personality, and how she responds to different kinds of affection.
Some girls will get a small $20 gift from you and think nothing of it, other than the fact that you're just playing on one of your inside jokes. Another girl might get a $5 gift from you and take it to mean that you're really interested and you're already showering her with gifts.
The bottom line is that you will know best, and should use your judgement based on how well you know her now.

v.Rossi 12-14-2010 03:58 AM

^ Yeah it isn't the end of the world but it's absolutely not necessary at all. However, it is the best advice out there, whether he takes it in is up to him. But last time I checked $20 was still money. He hasn't even gone out on a date with the girl, he's already comfortable enough to spend money on a gift for her, that to me doesn't make sense. If I was interested in her, I'll take/ask her out for dinner. But I'm not going to start the night off at her front door with a bouquet of flowers, that's the nice guys job.

I'm not trying to sound stingy, if you like her buy her a gift. Just get to know her first before blowing money seems like the smarter thing to do. $20 could go another direction and get you some beers.

Personally I would buy gifts for the girlfriend, not the friend.

v.Rossi 12-14-2010 05:29 AM

double post on accident, haven't had my coffee.

Gumby 12-14-2010 08:55 AM

^
Not only does v.Rossi give awesome advice, he also fails himself for double-posting! :thumbsup:

racerman88 12-26-2010 02:05 PM

ask her out, worst than can happen is she says no

G-spec 12-26-2010 02:26 PM

So you guys been doing bootcamp on and off for over a year, don't say shit to one another, and then when yall get home one night and you start Facebooking.
fck I don't know if this is the pure genius of Facebook, or is it the downfall of personal human interaction.

On one hand, if it wasn't for Facebook you probably wouldn't have talked to her, but on the other Facebook is molding us into internet socializers eating at our real life personalities shutting them down bit by bit.

I dont have facbook btw, and I'll talk to a bitch in real life if I wanna.

but good luck OP, keep pokin her on Facebook it will all work out bro! :thumbsup:

oh and real advice buddy, since she added you first on FB it obviously means she's interested, so you got nothin to think twice about, you're in budday!! invite her to bootcamp at your house one night, say you got some new moves to teach her

yellowpower 12-26-2010 03:18 PM

Ask her on a date after one of your workout days, be like hey, that was a tough workout, wanna grab a bite to eat? make sure its casuuuaaalll

adambomb 12-26-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v.Rossi (Post 7227554)
Personally I would buy gifts for the girlfriend, not the friend.

:thumbsup:

/end thread

stab 01-22-2011 01:57 AM

Posted via RS Mobile

Yuffa 01-22-2011 12:16 PM

I agree with the gift giving out of the blue. One guy used to buy me random stuff out of no where....it just freaks the hell out of me...and made me feel guilty for receiving all these random gifts....-_-'

Not really racist! 01-22-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuffa (Post 7275109)
I agree with the gift giving out of the blue. One guy used to buy me random stuff out of no where....it just freaks the hell out of me...and made me feel guilty for receiving all these random gifts....-_-'

Seriously? Aren't these gifts just for you to 'keep' him around?

Yuffa 01-22-2011 09:09 PM

^ No. That's when I draw the line and start to ignore his calls/texts.
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 01-22-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuffa (Post 7275698)
^ No. That's when I draw the line and start to ignore his calls/texts.
Posted via RS Mobile

I said I was sorry already, jeez.